Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUNNYHUGGERI

Dear Wg...Please read...I am done for now...and why.

99 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

114
[HAPPY]
Members
52 posts
12,278 battles

First why do I want you to read this.  If I am but one there are MANY more.  This game is not ships.  It is now an aircraft game with targets.  I may not be done forever.  I am hoping that my clan tells me it has changed.  You were my go to game before work just about every day.  I love my boats.  If you notice I even have tier 10 CV's.  I have no hate for CV's or any ship for that matter.  I was even awaiting subs with great zeal.  Trust me I would have bought the first premium sub in a second.  This change is not a "meta" change.  It is a game change.  I hope I can come back.  I hope it calms down and the CV's have calmed down...but is not the essence of this change to bring more of them into the game...EVERY game?  I love my DD's but they are practically useless now.  You brought in one class of ships and basically removed another.  A much more used and loved class I would surmise.  I actually approve of the teamwork change now with ships forming up and working together but it has degenerated down to can we out survive the enemy CV before ours can wear the other team down.  I hope you can work this out and I hope to maybe see you in a few weeks to months.

 

This was a bad change.  

 

Thank you for your consideration.

  • Cool 19
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[PVE]
Members
1,289 posts
12,580 battles

That sucks to hear,  we had a few fun matches BUNNY. I always remember seeing other fellow rabbits in matches and you are a great player.

See what you are causing WG?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
625
[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,543 battles

It's particularly bad right this moment because of everyone trying out CVs.  But it does point to the larger issue, that the other players in the game, for the most part, don't enjoy having CVs in game.  I had finally made the jump to Tier 10.  Was just starting to get good at the current meta.  Now it's a different game entirely.  

That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Many do enjoy this new meta.  I personally like the concealment game and was a crucial part of my strategy of surviving Tier X.  Now, I'm not sure what to do beyond blobbing and lemming training.  It was getting to the point where that was becoming the new meta anyway.

Blah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,016
[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,798 posts
18,375 battles

@BUNNYHUGGERI Bravo! WoWs is also my go to game! I loved using any of my 14 CVs in co op, I never got good enough to use them in Random. But alas now they are gone all scrapped. The Wylie Coyote Flying a Bullet one squad at a time baloney is ridiculous! I am not leaving the game but I will not be spending another cent on any WG games any longer.

@_Caliph_ Stuff It!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,207
[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts

The DDs do seem to be being reported as being in a bad place - but I really do think we need to give it some time so the full picture can be discovered.

Thank you for not being over dramatic; I respect your choice and see it as part of the evidence that WG will be able to reflect on. I hope others will treat your post with courtesy too. :Smile_honoring:

Could you possibly articulate your reasons, it may help.

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,326
[ARGSY]
Members
13,914 posts
8,984 battles
12 minutes ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

Thank you for your consideration.

I don't know why I find your post suspiciously insincere, but I do. There's something about the way you've phrased it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,967
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,684 posts

Things are quickly calming down. I've been seeing 4 DDs per side in matches recently and only one CV. Those are pretty good odds that you won't be either the only one targeted or, if you are, then your fellow DDs can play "normally" while you are. Or, just spec for AA and play a gunship DD. Woe to the silly CV that tries to focus on a Harugumo. Heck, I've even done well against them in my Gearing, once I spec'd it out as a gunship. I really see no difference now than in the past when one tier X CV could send out 6 or more squadrons at once.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,650
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,268 posts
9,171 battles

dds can now have effective AA, I think that is a change to be welcomed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
625
[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,543 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Things are quickly calming down. I've been seeing 4 DDs per side in matches recently and only one CV. Those are pretty good odds that you won't be either the only one targeted or if you are then your fellow DDs can play "normally" wile you are. Or, just spec for AA and play a gunship DD. Woe to the silly CV that tries to focus on a Harugumo. Heck, I've even done well against them in my Gearing, once I spec'd it out as a gunship. I really see no difference now than in the past when one tier X CV could send out 6 or more squadrons at once.

Even gimped CVs break the game for me.  My entire game strategy revolves around moving between cover and being able to disengage.  CVs are the counter to that on the good side and on the bad side completely game breaking.  I just never liked them in game really.  WG has done a pretty good job of trying to gimp them while keeping it somewhat enjoyable for the CV player.  No real complaints there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,861 battles
16 minutes ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

When you get players like this leaving, you know you got issues.

 

14 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

That sucks to hear,  we had a few fun matches BUNNY. I always remember seeing other fellow rabbits in matches and you are a great player.

See what you are causing WG?

Wargaming will never please everyone.  If WoWs goes in one direction, you'll have people saying they're leaving, they're done (like the folks who left due to CVs from before the rework), and if WoWs changes direction, it's suddenly the end of the world for another group of people.

Why should Wargaming be held hostage by the players of WoWs?  WG is trying to move the game in a direction they think will be, in the end, beneficial to the game.  We're free to agree or disagree, and to speak with our wallets, or our feet.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,107
[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,844 posts
6,387 battles
4 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

dds can now have effective AA, I think that is a change to be welcomed.

The IJN torp boats would like a word with you...

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
501
[POP]
Members
1,476 posts
17,901 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

dds can now have effective AA, I think that is a change to be welcomed.

    Some, but to be honest the ones that don't shouldn't be running around shooting at planes anyway. They should be taking advantage of the fact every radar cruiser and battleship is being spotted and people are having to blow DCON in the death balls they are forming which coincidentally make inviting targets for torps. If they are not that kind of DD they can also watch for that one group that wants to try and win edge towards a cap and torp the DD or his cruiser backup that is most likely with him while they are distracted by those things buzzing around their head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
631 posts
11 battles
5 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Even gimped CVs break the game for me.  My entire game strategy revolves around moving between cover and being able to disengage. 

You state your own problem. Change your entire game strategy. Games evolve. Seems like people don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,235
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,140 posts
4,459 battles

Day 2 of Rework yesterday evening and my last three games had no.. I repeat no CVs in them?   I'm not exactly clear what that means, except in a week this is going to look completely different and the over-reactions will probably be exactly that.   Trying to grind T4 IJN & T6 USN CVs right now and realizing that its going to be a pretty daunting grind.    Up-tiered they are burdensome to say the least.  Even at same tier or top tier it does require a skill set to put out even expected damage for the tier, so I'd say some of the excitement will wither and all the same players who are griping about how this is a failure because they can't enjoy because there is too many CVs will also call it a failure if it returns to normal populations with a more balanced carrier in play?     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[PVE]
Members
1,289 posts
12,580 battles
1 minute ago, Gasboy said:

Why should Wargaming be held hostage by the players of WoWs?

Right, you try running a restaurant where no matter what you order, you get served the same menu item and see how long you have customers. 

You can't ignore players. A game needs players and a reason to play it or game goes bye bye. Get it? I can't break it down much further for you without using hand puppets and some props.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
625
[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,543 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

You state your own problem. Change your entire game strategy. Games evolve. Seems like people don't.

Concealment has always been a central pillar of the high level game play in this game.  It's why 90% of the gimmicks in this game revolve around concealing or revealing nearby ships.  A CV just flies its disposable planes around.  I have to expose my broadside.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[RO-I]
Members
158 posts
836 battles
31 minutes ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

First why do I want you to read this.  If I am but one there are MANY more.  This game is not ships.  It is now an aircraft game with targets.  I may not be done forever.  I am hoping that my clan tells me it has changed.  You were my go to game before work just about every day.  I love my boats.  If you notice I even have tier 10 CV's.  I have no hate for CV's or any ship for that matter.  I was even awaiting subs with great zeal.  Trust me I would have bought the first premium sub in a second.  This change is not a "meta" change.  It is a game change.  I hope I can come back.  I hope it calms down and the CV's have calmed down...but is not the essence of this change to bring more of them into the game...EVERY game?  I love my DD's but they are practically useless now.  You brought in one class of ships and basically removed another.  A much more used and loved class I would surmise.  I actually approve of the teamwork change now with ships forming up and working together but it has degenerated down to can we out survive the enemy CV before ours can wear the other team down.  I hope you can work this out and I hope to maybe see you in a few weeks to months.

 

This was a bad change.  

 

Thank you for your consideration.

Good bye! Don't forget to write!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[PVE]
Members
1,289 posts
12,580 battles
5 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

You state your own problem. Change your entire game strategy. Games evolve. Seems like people don't.

A WGing shill named excuse maker...lolololol wow 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,861 battles
4 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Right, you try running a restaurant where no matter what you order, you get served the same menu item and see how long you have customers. 

You can't ignore players. A game needs players and a reason to play it or game goes bye bye. Get it? I can't break it down much further for you without using hand puppets and some props.

 

Sure, we'll go with the restaurant analogy.  The OP is doing the equivalent of a 1 star review on Yelp.  Can you ignore it?  No.  Can you try appealing to that customer, especially if their review goes viral?  Sure.

Now do you do that for a million customers who saw that you responded to the customer so that they, too, get free stuff?  Restaurant goes bye bye.  Get it?

And being passive aggressive and insulting doesn't help your point.

EDIT: Also, how is the CV rework "the same menu item"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
21 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

The DDs do seem to be being reported as being in a bad place - but I really do think we need to give it some time so the full picture can be discovered.

Thank you for not being over dramatic; I respect your choice and see it as part of the evidence that WG will be able to reflect on. I hope others will treat your post with courtesy too. :Smile_honoring:

Could you possibly articulate your reasons, it may help.

DDs as a ship type have been in a bad place for years according to the data. This change is just an exasperation of WG taking consistent actions completely opposite from balance. Like a jug that you constantly drip water into, eventually it will overfill, and spill everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
65 posts
27 minutes ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

This game is not ships.  It is now an aircraft game with targets

Completely agree. Downed 41 planes in Belfast no AA spec at all. Spent the whole game spotted dodging planes. In this meta my new job is tanking planes. Top of the leaderboard and still lost. This sucks. I want to go back to sinking ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[PVE]
Members
1,289 posts
12,580 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Sure, we'll go with the restaurant analogy.  The OP is doing the equivalent of a 1 star review on Yelp.  Can you ignore it?  No.  Can you try appealing to that customer, especially if their review goes viral?  Sure.

Now do you do that for a million customers who saw that you responded to the customer so that they, too, get free stuff?  Restaurant goes bye bye.  Get it?

And being passive aggressive and insulting doesn't help your point.

Where are all these hand outs you speak of?

And you don't have to be an apologist. There is no shortage of them lately. 

Edited by Rabbitt81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,861 battles
Just now, Rabbitt81 said:

Where are all these hand outs you speak of?

WG reverting the game back on the whims of a small, noisy minority of players would be the handout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×