You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Is it a bug or do they really do nothing ratings wise (AA modules & skills)?

10 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,448 posts
14,986 battles

So as the title says I want to know if this is a port UI bug or if the new AA modules and Capt skills have ZERO effect on a ships AA rating?

Let's use the T9/10 US BB's Iowa/Missouri and Montana to illustrate my concern/question as they are excellent AA platforms....

• Pre 8.0 if you ran AAGM2 (slot 3) and a Capt with BFT/AFT these ship's AA ratings jumped to 100 from their base rating (not sure if base rating has changed with the update?). This didn't even include AAGM3 (slot 6). I seldom ran AAGM3 (did on a few ships) as AAGM2 + BFT/AFT was a good AA build. Each addition be it AAGM2 or one of the skills would make the rating rise so you saw the effect it had.
  • Post 8.0 we now have AAGM1 (slot 3) and AAGM2 (slot 6) and changed BFT/AFT skills. However, no matter what combo of the modules or Capt skills I run (including respecing the Capt to include MAA too) the ship's AA ratings do NOT change.  Iowa stays at 81, Missouri stays at 82, and Montana stays at 84.

So is this some kind of port UI bug or do none of these modules and skills make a hill of beans difference? How are we supposed to judge what combo of modules and Capt skills are effective if we don't even have a baseline change to the AA ratings to see? It's even harder for a player like me who only plays Co-op.  There are no CV's on the bot teams in Co-op to test it out on. If they don't get the bot CV AI done before the free reset period is over I will be screwed.

The modules and skills should make the AA Rating change. But they don't. So what is a person supposed to do? Guess?

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
314 posts
3,967 battles

That a good question I notice the same issue also.  The question I got is how much base damage do each of the AA guns do now. From large 5 inch to the 20mm auto cannons

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,448 posts
14,986 battles
10 minutes ago, Mheetu said:

That a good question I notice the same issue also.  The question I got is how much base damage do each of the AA guns do now. From large 5 inch to the 20mm auto cannons

Mouse over the long/mid/short range sections under AA and it shows DPS, # flak bursts, hit %, etc...

Note - those stats change with modules and Capt skills but the ratings don't???

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Beta Testers
314 posts
3,967 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Mouse over the long/mid/short range sections under AA and it shows DPS, # flak bursts, hit %, etc...

Note - those stats change with modules and Capt skills but the ratings don't???

Thanks I take a look after work.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,233 posts
9,033 battles

I noticed it too, Admiral, on the Cleveland .... first ship I checked out.  It remains at 62 regardless of the Options chosen.  

[_-_]
Members
2,036 posts

AA is all over the map now. Some formerly Gud Flakbotes struggle, previously easy targets suddenly eat planes. RNGsus is rolling 3-sided dice.

One thing I've decided is that the sector selection gimmick is a waste of time regardless of build.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,448 posts
14,986 battles
Just now, DocWalker said:

I noticed it too, Admiral, on the Cleveland .... first ship I checked out.  It remains at 62 regardless of the Options chosen.  

Has to be a bug right? I mean the stats change with these things so shouldn't the rating too? I was hoping to get a clue as to what combo to go with by watching the ratings changes as I only play Co-op and can't test stuff the way PVP players can. But I have very little idea of how the changes will work if the ratings don't change? 

I want the old AA system back! Keep the new CV's that's fine but man they have botched everything AA related.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,448 posts
14,986 battles
3 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

AA is all over the map now. Some formerly Gud Flakbotes struggle, previously easy targets suddenly eat planes. RNGsus is rolling 3-sided dice.

One thing I've decided is that the sector selection gimmick is a waste of time regardless of build.

Agree 100% and don't even need to have played it to see that. CTRL+Click was a great system. This Zone mess is a joke. If/when they ever add CV's to the bot team in Co-op, if we still have that disaster in game, I will just leave it 100% p/ side.

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles

This was also on the PTS but we never got an answer on it.

@iKami can you provide some clarification?

And can we please not turn this into another "I hate this and that" rant thread and try to keep at least one helpful?

Edited by JCC45

[WOLFC]
Members
1,233 posts
9,033 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Has to be a bug right? I mean the stats change with these things so shouldn't the rating too? ...

I don't know if it is a bug or if it's just a relative indicator now of one ship's base AA rating against all other ships.

If it's the former, I'd have thought they would have seen it in PTS or made a hot patch ...

If it's the latter, it's of very limited use ...