Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kontain

CVs easier to deal with now, great Patch

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
24 posts
2,139 battles

8.0 is a great patch, it’s renewed my interest in the game.  What a great way to re-introduce a lot of CV play (I was def on the nerf cv bandwagon early game) with a method so much easier to tweak and balance going forward. 

I don’t get the anger. CVs have 1 squadron up instead of several so less spotting capability. They can’t shut down opposing CV via fighters nor nuke a ship with cross drop craziness. DDs no longer perma spotted while CVs simultaneously nuked another ship.

The game became unfun for me with too much stealth and island humping. Over the last few days teammates have communicated more and stuck together more, the visuals of AA going nuts makes it feel much more like War in warships versus hidey wack a mole. 

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts

Play lots of battleship, you may get the anger eventually. Just wait till a smart CV sets it's sights on you.

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

You can potentially have 6 CV's in the game at T4-6...with endless planes. These are tiers with average to poor AA. Have fun with that.

Beta Testers
24 posts
2,139 battles

Most I’ve seen is 2 per side. You gotta know they’ll balance this pretty quick.

[PSP]
Members
8,191 posts
36 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Play lots of battleship, you may get the anger eventually. Just wait till a smart CV sets it's sights on you.

Try doing any damage to a Kurfurst with a Lexington's planes. It's probably different if the CV is high tier though.

[WDS]
Members
1,630 posts
8,403 battles
37 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Yea but that's ok because before it was if any CV set its sights on you .. 

[RST]
Members
819 posts
17,282 battles

I like the new patch too.  The new CV play is challenging and interesting.  Can't wait to see how it evolves. 

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Yea but that's ok because before it was if any CV set its sights on you .. 

When I say smart, that does not imply good. Most people aren't smart with the new cv yet since it's new. 

Also, you didn't see cvs in every game in such number.

[WDS]
Members
1,630 posts
8,403 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

When I say smart, that does not imply good. Most people aren't smart with the new cv yet since it's new. 

Also, you didn't see cvs in every game in such number.

I agree CV play is going to get much better . The players will figure this out soon . I'm just happy that I can't get crossdropped  and sunk in one pass . At least now they have to work a little harder to sink me . 

Sign in to follow this