Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

How is the Rework Being Recieved on the Other Servers?

32 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles

Has anyone bothered to look at the other forums to see how players from the other servers are dealing with the rework? NA is the smallest so it might matter what we think as much as say the Russian and EU servers.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,023 posts
4,612 battles

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/480-gameplay/

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/484-current-update/

You can just skim the first pages of these two sections to see what's trending. Needless to say it's the same dumpster fire as here :cap_fainting:

Lots of rage and salt about Atlanta/Flint and her AA too, something I haven't seen so far here.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles

Well Russian servers they are probably asking “What is a CV!?”

Lol based on the fact their major military forces over the years have been dreadnoughts, CAs, DDs, some other smaller surface vessels, many subs some of which are / were impressive sized, aircraft of various types, infrantry, armored vehicles, artillery, and Tanks. Which in Russia’s position in the world, political considerations ect. It makes sense for them not to have really done too much with CVs when you can fly land based planes to most of the likely troublesome areas, you have your Ballistic missile subs as well as land based missiles, and you can drive your tanks all over Asia, into Europe, into Middle East, or Africa.

Also  If Russian CVs are dreamed up and added I had better not see any of those planes doing the “Cobra” maneuvers! Which is where their fighter jets can do this odd move where they float up vertically a little in mid flight and then fly backwards for short distance. Not exactly stealthiest Fighter planes that do it, but impressively agile. But it’s called cobra maneuver because if you draw a line in the air it resembles a cobra getting ready to strike. Which is why to this day CVs are unfavorable to Russian military is because of the directions they take in aircraft designs would require a massive CV to store such planes, when you get that kind of agility the planes are temperamental about folding their wings up easily for flight deck storage.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

The majority on steam seemed happy except that they want a major buff to cv's and a Nerf to aa. But there are some losing their minds over there too. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
50 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

LOL

Ok thanks to the link provided by Warheart and some replies on Reddit to the same question, it looks like on the EU and Asia servers, things are about the same as here on NA. I had to laugh that on NA, EU, and Asia they all had a thread titled "Worst Patch Ever". It is good to know that there is some consistency with how the rework is being received both good and bad.

[_-_]
Members
2,036 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Has anyone bothered to look at the other forums to see how players from the other servers are dealing with the rework? NA is the smallest so it might matter what we think as much as say the Russian and EU servers.

Just finished my early-morning daily XP bonus routine on EU. Game chat was a flame fest, which is unusual because EU is ordinarily a very polite community.

Lordy, lordy, lordy. You think there's hate and discontent on NA? You ain't seen nothing yet.

The up side is that if WG pays any real attention to player sentiment at all, they almost certainly listen to EU and RU the  most. Much bigger population, and closer to home.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,410 posts
6,018 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL

Ok thanks to the link provided by Warheart and some replies on Reddit to the same question, it looks like on the EU and Asia servers, things are about the same as here on NA. I had to laugh that on NA, EU, and Asia they all had a thread titled "Worst Patch Ever". It is good to know that there is some consistency with how the rework is being received both good and bad.

I have figured it out!  This patch was not to change the game but to facilitate world peace by giving all nations the same thing to complain about.  WTG WG, you've done what no one else could do!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[_-_]
Members
2,036 posts
47 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I have figured it out!  This patch was not to change the game but to facilitate world peace by giving all nations the same thing to complain about.  WTG WG, you've done what no one else could do!

To be fair, Justin Bieber came close.

zomg, a new meme! CV Beebwork! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
185 posts
2,744 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

ummmm…..I'd be careful...…:Smile_ohmy:……..are not most of the developers Russian.....they might tweak your code a little for that one.

[2CUTE]
Members
201 posts
2,496 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol based on the fact their major military forces over the years have been dreadnoughts, CAs, DDs, some other smaller surface vessels, many subs some of which are / were impressive sized, aircraft of various types, infrantry, armored vehicles, artillery, and Tanks. Which in Russia’s position in the world, political considerations ect. It makes sense for them not to have really done too much with CVs when you can fly land based planes to most of the likely troublesome areas, you have your Ballistic missile subs as well as land based missiles, and you can drive your tanks all over Asia, into Europe, into Middle East, or Africa.

Also  If Russian CVs are dreamed up and added I had better not see any of those planes doing the “Cobra” maneuvers! Which is where their fighter jets can do this odd move where they float up vertically a little in mid flight and then fly backwards for short distance. Not exactly stealthiest Fighter planes that do it, but impressively agile. But it’s called cobra maneuver because if you draw a line in the air it resembles a cobra getting ready to strike. Which is why to this day CVs are unfavorable to Russian military is because of the directions they take in aircraft designs would require a massive CV to store such planes, when you get that kind of agility the planes are temperamental about folding their wings up easily for flight deck storage.

Nah, russian servers are just as mad as NA 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,922 posts
7,074 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

To be fair, Justin Bieber came close.

I would rather play the Mikasa against Flamu in the Audacious than have anything to do with Justin Bieber. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[_-_]
Members
2,036 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I would rather play the Mikasa against Flamu in the Audacious than have anything to do with Justin Bieber. :Smile_hiding:

If we really want to stir the pot, instead of "BBabies" start calling battleship mains BieBers. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[FYL]
Members
550 posts
2,250 battles

Russian, English EU and our own NA forums are all consumed with highly negative opinions atm. Chat in game (in port or battles) shows a few people enjoying themselves but most seem annoyed or actively disliking it.

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles
7 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Lol more likely they feel CVs are mistakes, but felt they needed to create unanimous hatred towards CVs in order to safely pull them from the game. Or at least such thoughts have crossed my mind.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
3 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

If we really want to stir the pot, instead of "BBabies" start calling battleship mains BieBers. :Smile_teethhappy:

Now *that's* evil!  And I support you completely!  :cap_win:

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,818 posts
2,726 battles
4 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

That level of hostility normally gets a thread locked.

[_-_]
Members
2,036 posts
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

That level of hostility normally gets a thread locked.

If infantrymen, sanitation workers, and Navy hole snipes can have a sense of humor, so can forum moderators.:Smile_hiding:

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,466 battles
10 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Also  If Russian CVs are dreamed up and added I had better not see any of those planes doing the “Cobra” maneuvers!

Fun fact! The first post stall maneuver that resembled Pugachev's Cobra done by a production fighter was actually performed by the Swede's using the Saab J37 Viggen; happened back in the '70s. Having canards at the nose and massive control surfaces at the rear makes for great pitch axis control! So if anyone deserves fighters that can do senseless post stall maneuvering that would be tactically useless in real combat? Much to Russia's chagrin, the Swede's did it first...

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles
1 minute ago, Nurhaal said:

Fun fact! The first post stall maneuver that resembled Pugachev's Cobra done by a production fighter was actually performed by the Swede's using the Saab J37 Viggen; happened back in the '70s. Having canards at the nose and massive control surfaces at the rear makes for great pitch axis control! So if anyone deserves fighters that can do senseless post stall maneuvering that would be tactically useless in real combat? Much to Russia's chagrin, the Swede's did it first...

swedish CVs confirmed.

Members
1,161 posts
2,399 battles
4 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

swedish CVs confirmed.

If they put Sweden in I wonder if its line would be as winky as WoTs. Ie Start with DDs to Cruisers to BBs.

[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,230 battles
10 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

The majority on steam seemed happy except that they want a major buff to cv's and a Nerf to aa. But there are some losing their minds over there too. 

I don't think thats accurate at all.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/552990/discussions/2/1778261844033272165/

Steam players are murdering the mod's and screaming about how bad the CV's are and that they ruined the game.

Beta Testers
15 posts
4,672 battles

From that Reddit AMA link on steam it looks like we won't get any list of actions from WG until next Tuesday at the earliest.

Members
20 posts
7 battles

Lol why would it be different anywhere else? Did you actually think this train wreck was just an NA kids whining thing? Or you could have just watched the EU streamers playing on their NA accounts. You would have seen all that you needed to see.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
592 posts
2,741 battles

Wasn't the plan for the remainder of the CVs, those taken out temporarily, to return later on as some kind of 'support carriers' or something? If they have planes that give out heals, buffs, resurrects and such then I'm buying a wizards robe and waiting for WoWs dungeon raids... lol :Smile_teethhappy: I've just read EU forums, pitchforks and torches all over. I wonder when, if, we'll get any official replies on the reactions to this release.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,215 posts
7,774 battles

On the RU server, some like the rework, some don't. Same as here, I suppose.

Too bad I can't access their poll results without registering (and am too lazy to register).

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/forum/214-обсуждение-world-of-warships/

Sign in to follow this