Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BearlyHereBear

Not a penny til I get doubloons for premium CVs

10 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,443 posts
20,374 battles

If you are looking to sell your premium carriers for doubloons, just go into "Inventory". There is a special section to sell off all the carriers there, including your premiums.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,598 posts
771 battles
23 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

I'm done paying til you fix this problem.

30 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If you are looking to sell your premium carriers for doubloons, just go into "Inventory". There is a special section to sell off all the carriers there, including your premiums.

Yes, we have such possibility in the Inventory. Please, what kind of issue do you have? 
I see some premium CVs on the account. I can advise you not to sell them now. Opportunity to exchange them will be available for a long period and we will warn about the closure in advance. You still have some time to try them in the battles and then make a decision. Plus, some changes are still possible. Since the level of some CVs has become higher, they will cost more either. May be you should give yourself some time to get used to.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,443 posts
20,374 battles
2 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

I see some premium CVs on the account. I can advise you not to sell them now. Opportunity to exchange them will be available for a long period and we will warn about the closure in advance. You still have some time to try them in the battles and then make a decision. Plus, some changes are still possible. Since the level of some CVs has become higher, they will cost more either. May be you should give yourself some time to get used to.

As a former CV player, I knew going into this patch that I had zero interest playing the reworked carriers because of the mechanics of it. Flying planes around in a FPS view had no appeal to me whatsoever. When the patch hit, I had the opportunity to farm a bit of steel with my Midway, Lexington, Kaga, and Saipan so I decided to get the steel. The experience was as awful as I knew it would be and as soon as I had my steel, sold them. I didn't bother with the coal, it is obtained easily enough. I expect that many of the RTS carrier players are done with the class since balance isn't the issue but the mechanics. Wargaming was aware of this knowing that a full 70% of the RTS CV players were not happy with the rework. Not sure why you would want players to wait to sell unless Wargaming is going to rollback the rework which seems unlikely. As I said before, it isn't a balance issue it is the god awful mechanics you introduced.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
26 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Opportunity to exchange them will be available for a long period and we will warn about the closure in advance. You still have some time to try them in the battles and then make a decision. Plus, some changes are still possible. Since the level of some CVs has become higher, they will cost more either. May be you should give yourself some time to get used to.

Are you at liberty to inform us if the re-released premium carriers will be available for purchase with doubloons? I know I personally received a fair amount of doubloons back from the permanent camo refund and am hoping to throw them at something like Enterprise or Graf.

Community Department
2,598 posts
771 battles
13 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Are you at liberty to inform us if the re-released premium carriers will be available for purchase with doubloons? I know I personally received a fair amount of doubloons back from the permanent camo refund and am hoping to throw them at something like Enterprise or Graf.

It's too early to say for sure. And it's even restricted before official announcement. So be patient I hope they will arrive after some time. 

31 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:
Spoiler

As a former CV player, I knew going into this patch that I had zero interest playing the reworked carriers because of the mechanics of it. Flying planes around in a FPS view had no appeal to me whatsoever. When the patch hit, I had the opportunity to farm a bit of steel with my Midway, Lexington, Kaga, and Saipan so I decided to get the steel. The experience was as awful as I knew it would be and as soon as I had my steel, sold them. I didn't bother with the coal, it is obtained easily enough. I expect that many of the RTS carrier players are done with the class since balance isn't the issue but the mechanics. Wargaming was aware of this knowing that a full 70% of the RTS CV players were not happy with the rework. Not sure why you would want players to wait to sell unless Wargaming is going to rollback the rework which seems unlikely. As I said before, it isn't a balance issue it is the god awful mechanics you introduced.

I see. We have another percentage but I understand the point.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,443 posts
20,374 battles
12 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

We have another percentage but I understand the point.  

I only have the information provided by the two Russian Wargaming guys in the video where they were trying to put a positive spin on 30% of current CV players that were happy with the rework. Doing the math, you get 70% that were not happy, possibly some indifferent but that information was not relayed in the video.

• Cool 1

[BSL]
Members
942 posts
15,975 battles

Why do I have to sell my T10s to get FXP for lower tiers.  I want to keep T10s for SuperContainers on WoW anniversaries.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
7 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Why do I have to sell my T10s to get FXP for lower tiers.  I want to keep T10s for SuperContainers on WoW anniversaries.

That's how it's set up.  If you want out all the way, you can get FXP for getting out all the way, or down to T4 or whatever, but they're not going to give you free xp if you're going to keep T10.  At least that's how I read it.   

The premiums, of course, are a separate issue.  Sell them, get doubloons.  No muss, no fuss.

Sign in to follow this