Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

So are we really just beta testing WOWS Legends?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

596
[PVE]
Members
832 posts
11,231 battles

This rework makes absolutely no sense unless you apply the new controls to consoles. The game has become unrecognizable while also alienating the player base. 

I really haven't looked into World of Warships Legends to see if CVs will be included but even if they aren't, data from this testing would be relevant if CVs were to be added eventually. The controls would work with a joystick. 

The changes of this patch clearly are made to appeal to a younger audience. Console players would be more in line with a younger demographic. The timing of this patch is also very convenient as the console title nears release. 

I don't believe you can have live testing of console games so are we being used for that purpose?

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
59 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

This rework makes absolutely no sense unless you apply the new controls to consoles. 

I really haven't looked into World of Warships Legends to see if CVs will be included but even if they aren't, data from this testing would be relevant if CVs were to be added eventually. The controls would work with a joystick. 

The changes of this patch clearly are made to appeal to a younger audience. Console players would be more in line with a younger demographic. The timing of this patch is also very convenient as the console title nears release. 

I don't believe you can have live testing of console games so are we being used for that purpose?

Definitely doing live testing, for what end, only WG knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
311 posts
7,086 battles

I wonder how well their appeal to a younger audience is working over at Warplanes?

I can't be bothered to install it again and find out.

WoWP 2.0 all over again, except now Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles
14 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Legends has enough problems already before adding the Dot stacking  and spotting cvs will bring. 

Aw c'mon everything at legends is going great.

But to answer OP the legends FAQ does say they plan on adding carriers at some point after the PC rework is finished and I'm sure adjustments are made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
701
[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
18 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

This rework makes absolutely no sense unless you apply the new controls to consoles. ........

......so are we being used for that purpose?

Most definitely.

It's been done before with other game genres (flight, motor racing and FPS) and would make perfect sense to WG to do it with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[PVE]
Members
832 posts
11,231 battles
16 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Aw c'mon everything at legends is going great.

But to answer OP the legends FAQ does say they plan on adding carriers at some point after the PC rework is finished and I'm sure adjustments are made.

Wow, since WGing is going to add CVs to Legends, this rework is providing data for that.

It is an undeniable fact now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,799
Members
22,796 posts
5,794 battles
On Friday, February 01, 2019 at 4:10 AM, Rabbitt81 said:

This rework makes absolutely no sense unless you apply the new controls to consoles. 

Why do you say that? You could do the RTS-style on a console easily enough, and the controls are basically the same as WT planes, other than missing the up/down element, or very similar to the ships, or any other 3/FPS.

Really, if you wanted to make squadron maneuvering consistent with that of ships, how else would you do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[PVE]
Members
832 posts
11,231 battles
15 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Why do you say that? You could do the RTS-style on a console easily enough, and the controls are basically the same as WT planes, other than missing the up/down element, or very similar to the ships, or any other 3/FPS.

Really, if you wanted to make squadron maneuvering consistent with that of ships, how else would you do it?

the turning would work much better with thumb sticks.

Slowly turning a ship's rudder in game isn't really needed but thumb stick control of planes would make a huge difference.

EIDOS Battlestations Midway and Battlestations Pacific CV plane controls work that way for example.

Both of those games were console based originally and ported to PC with controller support built in.

Edited by Rabbitt81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles
33 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Wow, since WGing is going to add CVs to Legends, this rework is providing data for that.

It is an undeniable fact now.

The thing is, and I find it funny is I really don't think CV's will work in legends.  They will still have to make a lot of changes from the rework on PC to make them suitable for console. I wish I had the chance to still play on PC to be sure, but from all the gameplay vids I seen and my own experience with testing legends I don't think they will work very well on console.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,799
Members
22,796 posts
5,794 battles
2 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

the turning would work much better with thumb sticks.

A lot of War Thunder pilots would disagree. PS4 pilots are often easy meat for PC players. The controls are virtually identical to what we have here. You steer with your mouse, and use keys for full use of rudder, ailerons, elevators. Same as WoWP as a matter of fact.

I'd hate to try and do fine aiming adjustments on a DB attack with thumbsticks, I'm betting CV players in Legends get an aim assist of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

 

I'd hate to try and do fine aiming adjustments on a DB attack with thumbsticks, I'm betting CV players in Legends get an aim assist of some sort.

Would make sense, although we don't know anything outside the FAQ saying they will be added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,158 posts
2,399 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

A lot of War Thunder pilots would disagree. PS4 pilots are often easy meat for PC players. The controls are virtually identical to what we have here. You steer with your mouse, and use keys for full use of rudder, ailerons, elevators. Same as WoWP as a matter of fact.

I'd hate to try and do fine aiming adjustments on a DB attack with thumbsticks, I'm betting CV players in Legends get an aim assist of some sort.

Yeah but nothing beats a good PC gaming joystick when it comes to any flight game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,799
Members
22,796 posts
5,794 battles
6 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Yeah but nothing beats a good PC gaming joystick when it comes to any flight game.

Depends how the controls are set up.

In WT (arcade mode anyway) you don't fly the plane, you point where you want the pilot to fly. Joysticks don't work that well, because you're not really directly connected to the control surfaces, unless you use WASDQE.

It takes a fair bit of getting used to if you're accustomed to sims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,158 posts
2,399 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Depends how the controls are set up.

In WT (arcade mode anyway) you don't fly the plane, you point where you want the pilot to fly. Joysticks don't work that well, because you're not really directly connected to the control surfaces, unless you use WASDQE.

It takes a fair bit of getting used to if you're accustomed to sims.

I see it is weird that a flight simish game like WT wouldn't be Joystick friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,799
Members
22,796 posts
5,794 battles
4 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

I see it is weird that a flight simish game like WT wouldn't be Joystick friendly.

I believe it is if you play sim mode, maybe even realistic mode.

Unfortunately, arcade mode is what the vast majority of the players play.

The nice thing about it though, is it's pretty intuitive once you get used to it, and lets even new players fly reasonably well.

I'm crap at sims, it's nice to have a flight game that you can play casually and be successful.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
4,640 battles
6 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Eu vejo que é estranho que um jogo de simulacro de voo como o WT não seja amigável ao Joystick.

 

It is impossible to control an airplane in WThunder with joystick of x-box one S. It goes straight to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×