You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lipiru

WG please bring back right click

43 comments in this topic

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
330 posts
8,330 battles

Reinforcing sector is such a clunky design and feels very unrewarding... The hug UI in the middle of the screen also breaks up immersion. 

Can we bring back the right click, simply buff by 25% AA DMP?

Thanks WG.

Edit:

One reason Right Click is so much better than the sector system is that it give the ship player an action DIRECTLY towards the incoming planes, when the player is fighting back, that brings in fun and satisfaction.

With the sector system this action being taken away, so are the fun and satisfaction.

I now cannot click on the incoming planes and have to completely rely on this poorly designed flak AI to defend for my ship. 

Side note:

AFT BFT Def AA on a Atlanta is not even enough to stop tier 6 planes from spotting and bombing me with DEF AA active.

In 7.12, Atlanta has 7.2km AA range/5.6 air detection, and the planes would evaporate  instantly when it is full AA build.

My suggested improvement:

1. Bring back right click so that we can prioritize the squadron that we feel most dangerous, which gives 25% AA DMP boost. 

2. Bring back 20% range increase using AFT

3. Bring back 20% AA range upgrade.

Or fully refund for ships like Atlanta/Kidd.

Edited by lipiru
  • Cool 9

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
3 minutes ago, lipiru said:

Reinforcing sector is such a clunky design and feels very unrewarding... 

Can we bring back the right click, simply buff by 25% AA DMP?

Thanks WG.

People in game have no idea how to select a sector, they think the "old" way is just gone

[PVE]
Members
613 posts
6,219 battles

Agree, control+click  takes way less focus time away from playing the game.  The AA commander skills also need some buffs, currently, they do not seem worth it unless you were building a secondary build anyway.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles

Yeah the new sector AA thing I annoying and just too fiddly. It is an unnecessary and unasked for mechanic that adds nothing to the game experience other than more crap to do in combat. Whoever decided this was a good idea is out of touch with what the player base wants.  If they wanted to add a mechanic like this to the game, make a skill to automate it so players can focus on playing the game and less time fiddling with useless game mechanics.  

• Cool 3

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
330 posts
8,330 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah the new sector AA thing I annoying and just too fiddly. It is an unnecessary and unasked for mechanic that adds nothing to the game experience other than more crap to do in combat. Whoever decided this was a good idea is out of touch with what the player base wants.  If they wanted to add a mechanic like this to the game, make a skill to automate it so players can focus on playing the game and less time fiddling with useless game mechanics.  

I hate to say that my interest in the game is decreasing as I play more in the rework.

I run Atlanta with AFT BFT and Def AA and struggle to shoot down tier 6 planes..

Is this how AA ship supposed to perform?

Glad my premium time is ending in 5 days. 

WG sorry I am not going to spend a penny on your game anymore until this is all fixed. 

Cheers

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
8 minutes ago, lipiru said:

I hate to say that my interest in the game is decreasing as I play more in the rework.

I run Atlanta with AFT BFT and Def AA and struggle to shoot down tier 6 planes..

Is this how AA ship supposed to perform?

Well to be fair, they told us there would be balancing issues that needed to be addressed and I trust they will get them done, eventually...  I have been trying to limit my criticism of the patch to the mechanics introduced this time around. The "sector AA" thing just needs to go.

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,846 posts
4,855 battles

They think people are stupid so they can't build that into the compass, and they have a completely new, very big screen just for it.

[H-WS]
Members
29 posts
2,502 battles

To be quite honest, every time I use the sector AA, I don’t see any change in the damage done to planes. I’ve tested this multiple times from tier 6-10 carrier planes coming straight at me and not dodging. Literally no difference. If they are dodging, oddly with them flying through the sector I chose, they take less damage actually. It’s basically a broken mechanic that to be honest, we didn’t need or want anyway.

As far as people talking about immersion, um, sorry but we are looking at a computer screen and shooting ships from a third person view. Not exactly immersive. Impressive design of ships and combat, but not immersive.

Though I do agree with the posters that the press “o” and selection for Sector Fire is absolutely huge on the screen. I wear glasses and could perfectly see it across the room on my 21 inch monitor without my glasses. Not the best way to do it.

Immersion complaints aside, if during a match you need to change it multiple times, it gives that brief second where you can and will lose track of an enemy destroyer or a cruiser with smoke while changing. Thus a missed opportunity to fire on the enemy through more added micromanagement.

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
2,036 posts
1 hour ago, Valkyr_Aesir said:

To be quite honest, every time I use the sector AA, I don’t see any change in the damage done to planes. I’ve tested this multiple times from tier 6-10 carrier planes coming straight at me and not dodging. Literally no difference. If they are dodging, oddly with them flying through the sector I chose, they take less damage actually. It’s basically a broken mechanic that to be honest, we didn’t need or want anyway.

As far as people talking about immersion, um, sorry but we are looking at a computer screen and shooting ships from a third person view. Not exactly immersive. Impressive design of ships and combat, but not immersive.

Though I do agree with the posters that the press “o” and selection for Sector Fire is absolutely huge on the screen. I wear glasses and could perfectly see it across the room on my 21 inch monitor without my glasses. Not the best way to do it.

Immersion complaints aside, if during a match you need to change it multiple times, it gives that brief second where you can and will lose track of an enemy destroyer or a cruiser with smoke while changing. Thus a missed opportunity to fire on the enemy through more added micromanagement.

^^^ This.

Right from PTS Round 1I thought the whole AA sector gimmick was a kludgy,  unnecessary distraction from primary tasks (planes themselves being an unavoidable distraction, but that's another matter).

In testing it felt, to me, like not worth the effort/attention. Still does.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,448 posts
14,986 battles

Luckily as a Co-op player I have not had to face a CV attack as there are no bot CV's yet so I have not had to mess with that asinine Zone system. I 100% agree though it was a horrid idea and needs to go. Don't need to play it to see that. I have been against it since I 1st saw what they did. It is things like this Zone System that makes me wonder if the people making these decisions actually play the game? I find it hard to believe they do when this kind of a train wreck is allowed to be added to the game.

1. The Zone system is not am improvement over CTRL+Click. It takes longer to interact with the function and is a big distraction by adding an overlay screen that removes the player from the game going on to do it. It also has quite a long time delay before it actually takes affect; long enough the planes could easily have gone to the other side unless you are hugging the map border. CTRL+Click could be done sort of out of the corner of your eye in a blink of that said eye as well, it was instantaneous in effect, and you didn't lose game focus. 
  2. As someone above said when you focus a squadron you could get the +25% damage. If you don't then it is normal damage. EASY!
  3. Have seen people say CTRL+Click is not useful as CV's only get 1 squad at a time. Answer to that is there are now up to 3 CV's p/ game in PVP (2 in Co-op if they ever get the AI done) so you will have plenty of planes to focus. Even in a 1 CV match or no CV match you have spotter planes and fighters from ships to focus and there would also be a damage +% (see #2) so those spotters/fighters are downed faster which is what you want to break detection asap.
  4. I have seen people say this was actually added for the console version where CTRL+Click can't work. I have also seen WG state this is untrue. Doesn't matter which side is right as the 2 are different games and there is no reason they can't have different controls. I can see where a console version would need something like the Zone System but for PC play the CTRL+Click is far more efficient and user friendly.

The Zone System is horrible. It is clunky and a distraction (again even not playing it I can see that). If/when CV's ever arrive in Co-op for the bot side I am not even bothering with that Zone disaster. Remove it and revert to CTRL+Click asap.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

Members
20 posts
4,996 battles

Is there a way to reset the stupid zone reinforcement?  If there is I have yet to figure it out.  I switched to one side since planes were coming, but noticed the second cv was coming from opposite side as well.  would of been nice to reset back to 100 each side.

[TMS]
Members
2,396 posts
24,638 battles
5 minutes ago, LaRock_O_no_Lie said:

Is there a way to reset the stupid zone reinforcement?  If there is I have yet to figure it out.  I switched to one side since planes were coming, but noticed the second cv was coming from opposite side as well.  would of been nice to reset back to 100 each side.

Click the reinforced side again to get back 100/100.

Edited by Final8ty

Members
20 posts
4,996 battles
36 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Click the reinforced side again to get back 100/100.

Doh,  I thought I had tried that.  maybe it failed since it was still switching when I tried to stop the reinforcement.  Thanks! will try that when I get on after work today.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,480 posts
12,810 battles
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I wouldn't say it's totally unasked for.  We have asked for more meaningful interaction with airplanes for a long time.

This is not the answer that anyone had in mind.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,394 posts
3,390 battles

I do think the new sector system is an improvement as it does allow you to be involved in your own AA defense.. because, lets face it,  the old way was pretty much just a see them coming click and forget simplicity.  However,  I really dislike this UI as well...  I like the suggestion of building it into the compass and just mouse clicking it a lot.   It is just to much of a vision issue when in the heat of a fight and discourages use of it while having to engage surface ships as well as planes, which is, let's face it, a new reality.   

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
904 posts
7,018 battles

Zone reinforcement is one of the dumbest things out of all of it. What, did half of the sailors suddenly abandon the guns on one side and rush to the other!? It's just retarded along with the annoying pop-up.

Edited by HeathenForay
  • Cool 1

[YARRR]
Members
631 posts
4,956 battles

The only way I can see the zone thing working is if we had multi crewed ships.  Having a division of three operating one BB, for example, would have a Captain doing the course setting and also prioritizing targets, then having two gunnery officers, one for main battery, the other for secondary and AA.  But that kind of immersive game play is beyond the scope of WoWs.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
33 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I wouldn't say it's totally unasked for.  We have asked for more meaningful interaction with airplanes for a long time.

Well maybe it was before my time then, only been playing a couple of years and have never seen anyone mention anything of the sort.... I have seen complaints about AA being too strong and complaints about AA being too weak,  but never anything about reworking the AA mechanic itself. 

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
330 posts
8,330 battles

At least we should have to option to use hotkeys to switch sectors, instead of mouse clicking on a HUGE ui in the middle of the screen that blocks everything. 

[NGAGE]
Members
3,265 posts
8,187 battles
4 hours ago, Valkyr_Aesir said:

This is my experience too.

I think the biggest thing is that DoT never really kills planes, it's normally flak. Good CV players are just recalling planes immediately since they are so fast.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,448 posts
14,986 battles
11 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well maybe it was before my time then, only been playing a couple of years and have never seen anyone mention anything of the sort.... I have seen complaints about AA being too strong and complaints about AA being too weak,  but never anything about reworking the AA mechanic itself. 

Me either (started Dec 2016). AA in the old system felt like it was the most balanced, well liked, and least complained about feature in the game. I don't think I would need all 5 fingers on one hand to add up all the complaints about AA I ever read prior to 8.0. So of course they completely redo it. :Smile_facepalm:

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
330 posts
8,330 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Me either (started Dec 2016). AA in the old system felt like it was the most balanced, well liked, and least complained about feature in the game. I don't think I would need all 5 fingers on one hand to add up all the complaints about AA I ever read prior to 8.0. So of course they completely redo it. :Smile_facepalm:

Indeed. I liked previous AA system. Simple to use. Simple to understand. Now we can only rely on poorly designed AI to fend off air attacks. 

• Cool 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,530 battles

I also think they should bring back the right clicking on planes. It could be a number that is kept track of on your profile next to your karma score. One shows how well liked you are and the other showing how adept you are at ctrl+right clicking on aircraft. 

As others have said now that a CV has only one flight and AA is a area effect bubble it seems odd to have to prioritize them other than a placebo effect.