Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__GREAT__

Carrier are Top of the Ship Food Chain

10 comments in this topic

[W-A-W]
Members
4 posts
7,196 battles

The current update is unrealistic, and every battle real time simulators in any armed forces would be bothered to see the carrier treated as the bottom of the food chain in this new update. What business plan this franchaise has in mind is selfish and throwing the customers under the bus for a short term gain. The "times are changing thing" I have heard so many time in life, industry, and at home used for excuses to disturb and create some form of endless drama at a person's expense.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
9 minutes ago, __GREAT__ said:

The current update is unrealistic, and every battle real time simulators in any armed forces would be bothered to see the carrier treated as the bottom of the food chain in this new update. What business plan this franchaise has in mind is selfish and throwing the customers under the bus for a short term gain. The "times are changing thing" I have heard so many time in life, industry, and at home used for excuses to disturb and create some form of endless drama at a person's expense.

Oh the "anti CV" community will be all over this for claiming the new CV's are "bottom of the food chain"

[USCC2]
Members
4,771 posts

ONE DAY! We've had one day! So what if they are top of the food chain - someone has to be.

Holy crap, on average evidence has shown DDs have been bottom for damage, survival, and earnings (XP/credits), across all servers for several years. I don't hear cries of balance in that department.

Please lets just give some time, so the WoWs community and the evidence/stats can properly reflect what the whole community has experienced. :Smile_honoring:

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles
18 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

ONE DAY! We've had one day! So what if they are top of the food chain - someone has to be.

Holy crap, on average evidence has shown DDs have been bottom for damage, survival, and earnings (XP/credits), across all servers for several years. I don't hear cries of balance in that department.

Please lets just give some time, so the WoWs community and the evidence/stats can properly reflect what the whole community has experienced. :Smile_honoring:

Proper reflection will probably show a marked decrease in the player base. It's too drastic a change shoved down the throats of players with little regard to balance due to poor testing methods.

[USCC2]
Members
4,771 posts
7 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Proper reflection will probably show a marked decrease in the player base. It's too drastic a change shoved down the throats of players with little regard to balance due to poor testing methods.

Appreciate your polite reply and thoughts on the matter. You could well be right, time will tell.

To me it looks so far as if CAs are generally happy (their AA is effective), BBs are pleased (they retain their exclusivity of wiping a nearly full HP ship of the map in one volley and their AA seems reasonable against CVs too). CVs seem to be ok (probably still getting a hang of things) and DDs are not too happy (they need to go forward to scout but are pretty ineffectual when it comes to AA (generally speaking)).

For such a big change that's not a bad start. I'm a DD main so of course I don't like the possible hit to  the survivability of a ship type that on average has been at the bottom on all servers for several years - but this is a big change so I intend to wait and see how the change affects the community (and not just me). Again, appreciate your thoughts. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[DKM]
Members
28 posts
8,940 battles

You play a battle in Bourgogne and get two times perma flooding by the two Hakuryus on the other team you sure do build up some frustration. They just do not have to leave you alone for a Minute if they communicate. then, after 7 minutes of constant attack, i downed 6 planes before I have been sent to the bottom. 

But that is nothing compared to trying and Play DD. constantly spotted, the center of a Bukkake party the second you are not smoked up, and not being able to do anything really, is no fun at all. 

I would restrict to max 1 CV per match and consider reducing the amount of waves from a squadron. Or just go back to testing and this time check what it does to the game BEFORE implementation.

Now, Lemming Trains are a viable option. That says it all. 

Members
631 posts
11 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_von_Friedeburg said:

Now, Lemming Trains are a viable option. That says it all. 

lols so hard I may need to pee.....I would edit your post, before 5-0 sees it... but that is funny as all hell.

• Cool 1

[DKM]
Members
28 posts
8,940 battles
28 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

lols so hard I may need to pee.....I would edit your post, before 5-0 sees it... but that is funny as all hell.

I just don't care any more. just got wiped out in a fully AA speced Grozovoi in smoke by a Midway and a Hakuryu. It took them 2:48 (time spent in battle) and I shot down exactly 0 planes and dealt exactly 0 damage. Damage by rockets was 16587. some HE Shells from moskva found me as well. but you know, this is nothing but pointless.

[DOW]
Members
807 posts
25,168 battles

Waverider, nice to see a reasoned and calm sentiment. My own sentiment was initially positive but after more games today, I feel in agreement with you.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
39 minutes ago, Admiral_von_Friedeburg said:

I just don't care any more. just got wiped out in a fully AA speced Grozovoi in smoke by a Midway and a Hakuryu. It took them 2:48 (time spent in battle) and I shot down exactly 0 planes and dealt exactly 0 damage. Damage by rockets was 16587. some HE Shells from moskva found me as well. but you know, this is nothing but pointless.

I don't have tier 10 Cv's but I struggle mightily to do damage in tier 8's. Just had my best game at 83k damage but I'm not very proud of farming Tier 6 Warspites.

Sign in to follow this