Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bradzzz

The times they are a changing!

13 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
81 posts
8,290 battles

So Captains with the changes there have been a lot of emotions! I don't think this rework is the end of the world, if anything its seems quite fun. One thing I did notice is that if you stray away from a couple ships you are the obvious target. We need to adapt once again, this will force team work. 

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
3,435 posts
16,666 battles

The concern I have that I'm already noticing is that the team with the superior player CV is starting to become more and more dominant.  As the skill gap widens with more and more practice are we ending up in the exact same position that we were in before the launch?

Members
40 posts
11 minutes ago, Bradzzz said:

So Captains with the changes there have been a lot of emotions! I don't think this rework is the end of the world, if anything its seems quite fun. One thing I did notice is that if you stray away from a couple ships you are the obvious target. We need to adapt once again, this will force team work. 

It's not the end of the wold. I have noticed that staying away from WoWS is the remedy. There are many other games and fun activities to do.

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles

"Teamwork" is just the new word for "Lemming Train", isn't it...

• Cool 1

[2EZ]
Members
153 posts
11,389 battles
1 minute ago, Camo68 said:

The concern I have that I'm already noticing is that the team with the superior player CV is starting to become more and more dominant.  As the skill gap widens with more and more practice are we ending up in the exact same position that we were in before the launch?

I totally agree.

And the fact that now game play seems like teams just cower in a corner until the 3 CV worth of planes are shot down.  Woe to the team that has the poor performing CV captains.

Things are even more one sided right now.

[2EZ]
Members
153 posts
11,389 battles
2 minutes ago, Tentakkel said:

"Teamwork" is just the new word for "Lemming Train", isn't it...

Yup.  Except now the Lemming Train is more like Lemming blob that doesn't move until the hostile planes are shot down.

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
736 posts
2,547 battles
1 minute ago, Raiden_Kaminari said:

I totally agree.

And the fact that now game play seems like teams just cower in a corner until the 3 CV worth of planes are shot down.  Woe to the team that has the poor performing CV captains.

Things are even more one sided right now.

As opposed to everyone sitting in the back corner until all 4 DD's are dead? whats the difference?

• Cool 1

[2EZ]
Members
153 posts
11,389 battles
4 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

As opposed to everyone sitting in the back corner until all 4 DD's are dead? whats the difference?

My friends and I were usually the DD, cruiser or BB that charged in going after those DDs.  Infinitely easier to play against compared to the new CVs, especially when there's 3 of them in a battle.

I already have a 6 friends that refuse to play Warships after yesterday's patch to 8.0. 

After giving it 2 days, I have to agree with them that the current patch is not fun.

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles
12 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

The obvious difference is that you can't set a CV out of commission like you could with a DD. You can't really hit back. A CV will just keep spamming planes.

Edited by Tentakkel

[SYN]
Members
3,435 posts
16,666 battles
22 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

That's the point, if the new changes don't change anything they could have saved a lot of time and pain (Both from player & WG's perspective) and just left the system as it was.

[RLGN]
Members
10,391 posts
19,676 battles

Once again I wish I knew where all these ship that can't shoot down planes were...

...even at tier four, even trying to 'dodge' (what a bloody joke...) I'm lucky to get a single attack off with bombers or torpedo planes.

Watching previously AA weak T4 ships just blast entire squads out of the sky does little to make me like this update.

'The controls will be like those of regular ships and thus more intuitive...' WG said... '...as well as easier to use..." WG said...

That sounds all well and good; except the pacing of fighting with a regular ship, and the pacing required to be effective with a carrier's air squad, are on two completely different levels.

As intense as things can get in a ship, there is usually at least some small window of time in which to react to most attacks.

Flying an air squad, if you cannot predict or at least react to the AA bursts, for all intents and purposes BEFORE you even see them, then you will very quickly be dead.

Infinite planes or not, (though saying that isn't stricktly true,) that means time wasted for often miniscule returns, at best.

Several have said in effect; 'Oh! CVs are great! I'm doing so much damage'

Wonderful; that means you are the new unicum, who will perpetuate the skill gap that existed under the RTS system; where at least lesser skilled players had the option of an autodrop atack, and some assurance of scoring damage; as opposed to NOW; where if you can't wrap you head around a system that is ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT manual attacks; you will be doing little, if ANY damage.

3 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

That's the point, if the new changes don't change anything they could have saved a lot of time and pain (Both from player & WG's perspective) and just left the system as it was.

At least I wouldn't be so hacked off right now. Not a rage quiter, not any stripe of Randoms carrier unicum; but at least I could play carriers in Co-op and have fun with them there.

Not any more.

Members
1 post
6,942 battles

Just finished playing tier 5 german dd. Not fun. Had 7,353 damage done in 13 rocket attacks in 2 min. AA did no damage to planes. Game just started. Next pass I was gone to the bottom. Need to improve AA for DD's to fight new rocket mode for CV's. Same thing happened to other teams DD. CV's destroyed it in a few passes. So Cv's are now the new DD killers? You had a chance before with getting hit from cruisers and BB's now there is no hope in hell with this new mode.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,684 posts
12,344 battles

What I am seeing from the CV perspective is to many dumb BB players not focusing on the AA/Radar CA's as per usual that are spotted for them, to busy still trying to farm damage from other red BB than trying to support team and tanking some damage, I believe that with so many dumb BB players out there, nothing will ever change regardless of what ever rework they decide to do to any other ship, as WG has made sure that the skill level of a BB is next to 0 so people do not have to try and be any good.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this