Sign in to follow this  
OttoVonPrien

GAME-SERVER CRASH corupts Office program and pinks me

5 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
81 posts
12,367 battles

after playing all day, decide to do my first ranked for the season, in spite of my attitude towards Arms Race.

On hearing Action stations" realize game has frozen up , had to hard crash computer to free it.

on restarting game and repeatedly trying to get back into battle it kept telling me "server unavailable" and I could not log on. but I could visit other websites.

Then I discover my office program, which had a spreadsheet open at time of crash was corrupted and nonfunctioning.

After repair function did not work for that program, uninstalled and downloaded- installed new version, got it up and running and go back to WOW

after arriving in Port discover I am pink with a 3 game penalty as well as  starting ranked with a loss!!!

Needless to say with all the other problems with this new patch, I am not a happy camper,!!

this happened about an hour ago, 1am eastern 1st of Feb

Community Department
2,598 posts
771 battles
11 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

after playing all day, decide to do my first ranked for the season, in spite of my attitude towards Arms Race.

On hearing Action stations" realize game has frozen up , had to hard crash computer to free it.

on restarting game and repeatedly trying to get back into battle it kept telling me "server unavailable" and I could not log on. but I could visit other websites.

Then I discover my office program, which had a spreadsheet open at time of crash was corrupted and nonfunctioning.

After repair function did not work for that program, uninstalled and downloaded- installed new version, got it up and running and go back to WOW

after arriving in Port discover I am pink with a 3 game penalty as well as  starting ranked with a loss!!!

Needless to say with all the other problems with this new patch, I am not a happy camper,!!

this happened about an hour ago, 1am eastern 1st of Feb

I see. Sorry for your experience. May depends on reasons with applications running at the same time or some hardware issues. 
It can't be discovered without diagnostics. I would recommend you use WGCheck to create report and send it to our Support. To make you sure that it won't happen again in the future. Please copy the topic there and make some additional notes if you have any.  

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,492 posts
15,387 battles

@turbo07 Ah hmmmm! Did the game server actually crash during the time Otto is stating 1 am eastern 1 feb?

Community Department
2,598 posts
771 battles
16 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@turbo07 Ah hmmmm! Did the game server actually crash during the time Otto is stating 1 am eastern 1 feb?

Highly likely no because I don't see any notifications about that. And we always try to warn in advance or at least in the process.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,492 posts
15,387 battles

@turbo07 then server crash is ruled out so that places the problem clearly on the users multi tasking.

Sign in to follow this