Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slashman2015

8.0 is the worst patch in this games history

57 comments in this topic

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles

3 years of playing this game. 8k+ battles and I think I'm done. 

CVs have unlimited planes

CVs have zero counterplay

AA means nothing

shooting planes down means nothing

T10 panes can't be shot down in any meaningful way 

Everymap has turned into Ocean

Caps mean nothing

Moving as a team is pointless because you can't shoot planes down

Shooting even 1 plane down means nothing because the CV has unlimited planes

CVs have zero cooldowns or penalties 

CVs able to recall planes with zero penalties.. lol

I don't get it,

yawn. 

I don't understand what WG was thinking. CVs literally can't do any wrong. There is no counterplay to them now and they are constantly
in your face and shooting planes down means nothing. This is so stupid. 

WTF.JPG

• Cool 8

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles

Yeeaahhh,  you haven't played many online games then.  Or...any at all other then WoWs.  Also,  you're a DD.  Which tells me pretty much everything I need to know.  The meta has been upset and you can no longer remain invisible for most of the match and you have no idea how to deal with that.  Don't worry,  this craze will die down and you'll go back to only seeing CV's one in every three matches instead of every match and you'll go back to being able to slink around and do whatever.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[PSP]
Members
8,197 posts
9 hours ago, slashman2015 said:

3 years of playing this game. 8k+ battles and I think I'm done. 

CVs have unlimited planes

Yes and no. The squadrons take tome to reassemble if individual planes from them are downed. Lose too many planes too fast and you will have to wait for more.

AA from almost all ships but a few DDs decimates planes, if two ships are side by side good luck even getting into your attack run.

AA means nothing

LOL, see above.

Have you played the CVs? I run out of planes all the time.

Tell that to my Des Moines.

Everymap has turned into Ocean

Not in the slightest. I jsut camped behind an island and did 80 k with my Des Moines, and 20 k to planes.

Caps mean nothing

It is harder to cap but not all that more difficult.

You are just trolling here because you apparently have never played the new CVs.

Shooting even 1 plane down means nothing because the CV has unlimited planes

Again, they do have limited planes. Have you even played CVs?

You can only have one active squadron. It takes time to get back to the fight. 

CVs able to recall planes with zero penalties.. lol

You can recall planes to save them, if they don't get taken out while they are still within the AA bubble of a ship. While flying back they can't be shot but neither can they spot.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

Members
2,442 posts
9,111 battles

I like this patch.  From both non-CV and CV player perspective.  After spending some time with new mechanics, I figured new CVs are both less powerful and more fun to play.  Literally every single point you listed is false.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,714 posts
3,833 battles

I seriously was not one of the remove CV peopls before, but now I am of the opinion that players should have an opt out or be given some warships premium time as the balance is simply not there at this current time. Ranked would be on tier 10 or tier 8 I believe  if Wargaming thought that this CV rework was 100% which it is not from what I am seeing.

The new sector aa system is different and will take some time to get used to it. I much prefer the 7.9 aa system over their nerfed one now from the what I am hearing. This CV rework needs to be pulled back into public test for another cycle. Continued live testing will only be a turnoff at this point for many. Some may not even return if this isn’t addressed. I would like to see a patch come out called 8.0.1 and all future tech trees delayed until this CV rework is sorted out. It would be a silly idea to introduce British CV’s into the game when the current gameplay is unbalanced. If I find that I am disatisfied I will put my money elsewhere. Does a caterpillar leave it’s cocoon before it is a butterfly? No, as it wouldn’t be able to fly much like our current CV rework balance. It just doesn’t fly.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles
18 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I seriously was not one of the remove CV peopls before, but now I am of the opinion that players should have an opt out or be given some warships premium time as the balance is simply not there at this current time. Ranked would be on tier 10 or tier 8 I believe  if Wargaming thought that this CV rework was 100% which it is not from what I am seeing.

The new sector aa system is different and will take some time to get used to it. I much prefer the 7.9 aa system over their nerfed one now from the what I am hearing. This CV rework needs to be pulled back into public test for another cycle. Continued live testing will only be a turnoff at this point for many. Some may not even return if this isn’t addressed. I would like to see a patch come out called 8.0.1 and all future tech trees delayed until this CV rework is sorted out. It would be a silly idea to introduce British CV’s into the game when the current gameplay is unbalanced. If I find that I am disatisfied I will put my money elsewhere. Does a caterpillar leave it’s cocoon before it is a butterfly? No, as it wouldn’t be able to fly much like our current CV rework balance. It just doesn’t fly.

The AA is broken dude. You can play a full AA spec desmoines and have your sector set and if a midway decides to drop, you may shoot down 1 or 2 planes and then your cooldown is gone and 20 seconds later the CV is back attacking you. The game is broken. If a full AA spec cruiser with a cooldown can't defend itself against a CV and the CV has unlimited plane\respawns there is no hope. We even tried to stay in a pack of multiple ships and it made no difference. This game is broke

• Cool 3

Members
40 posts
24 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I like this patch.  From both non-CV and CV player perspective.  After spending some time with new mechanics, I figured new CVs are both less powerful and more fun to play.  Literally every single point you listed is false.

Your claim is false. I have played 8.0, mostly CVs and it's the worst patch ever in any WG game. My experience from playing 8.0 is the same as OPs.

• Cool 2

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,466 battles
25 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

debatable but yeah, I can see that. Well except for the whole "stay in formation and overlap AA"... I guess. I don't think that counts as counter play much but... it's something.

26 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

AA means nothing

Dude I've seen people get 107 plane kills and apparently, a Khaba had 131 kills... quit exaggerating O.o;

26 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

Except when you're playing in divisions and you're in formation and you're AA just wrecks the flight, never getting a drop off. The whole game after the CV just avoids you because you sent him a message. I do this all the time on the Mass.

27 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

The can be shot down in the same way as lesser tiers. What do you want fire works for shooting down T10 planes just because they're T10s? I don't think this statement makes any sense since it's not very elaborated. 

28 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

Caps mean nothing

You still get XP and monies for capping them. YOLO capping at the beginning of the game is stupid anyway; need to push as a group. No point in taking a cap if you cannot hold it. Planes cannot cap, at best they can reset your timer. As a BB, I cap a lot.

29 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

Now you're spewing vomit... moving as a team is the WHOLE POINT right now, the meta is pure lemming line because being clustered up makes flak walls that SHRED planes. Have you played the game in the last 24 hours?

30 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

They do have CDs on their aircraft but I know the F key circumvents that. This statement is a repeat of your first one, basically.

31 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

I don't get it,

On some points? yeah. I agree.

Look CVs are not that bad. I have no idea why people are freaking out. I've gone up against Unicum CV players who seem to know how to hit the 145k dmg per game already and I still do not feel threatened by these ships right now, if you simply partner with another AA capable boat. 

I was able to grind out my entire Monarch xp pool in prep for the Lion WITH NO GOD DAMN UPGRADES, no ENGINES, no TARGETING SYSTEMS, NOT EVEN THE HULL upgrade that boost my AA. All it takes me following ONE MEASLY cruiser, like a Cleve or Mino - all done. AA secure. Play smartly beyond that and it's normal as all hell. 

The only thing that sucks right now is that I think the CV play is boring and horrible, and I cannot stand it. I'll be skipping the CV lines from here on out. 

Oh and DDs do get kinda' booted because as I predicted, super fast aircraft make great spotters. Who'd a thunk that having CVs fly as fast as SR-71s would make spotting still a problem?

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles
24 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Like?

CV's having unlimited planes and zero counterplay? Please list a ship that can take town a midway squadron with a cooldown? oh wait that's right none.
please list the penalty for a CV that loses 100 planes in a match? that right.. none. Please tell me how a DD traveling with 2 AA cruisers is able to defend
against a single midway? that's right they can't. Please explain to me how two CVs managed to each pull 300k damage in a game and obliterate a team
but, you say they are now weaker than ever before? GAME IS BROKE

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,714 posts
3,833 battles
3 minutes ago, slashman2015 said:

The AA is broken dude. You can play a full AA spec desmoines and have your sector set and if a midway decides to drop, you may shoot down 1 or 2 planes and then your cooldown is gone and 20 seconds later the CV is back attacking you. The game is broken. If a full AA spec cruiser with a cooldown can't defend itself against a CV and the CV has unlimited plane\respawns there is no hope. We even tried to stay in a pack of multiple ships and it made no difference. This game is broke

@Radar_X can we please rollback to 7.9 ? This patch wasn’t ready for the game yet. Better to run these concepts through another public test round.

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles
2 minutes ago, Nurhaal said:

debatable but yeah, I can see that. Well except for the whole "stay in formation and overlap AA"... I guess. I don't think that counts as counter play much but... it's something.

Dude I've seen people get 107 plane kills and apparently, a Khaba had 131 kills... quit exaggerating O.o;

Except when you're playing in divisions and you're in formation and you're AA just wrecks the flight, never getting a drop off. The whole game after the CV just avoids you because you sent him a message. I do this all the time on the Mass.

The can be shot down in the same way as lesser tiers. What do you want fire works for shooting down T10 planes just because they're T10s? I don't think this statement makes any sense since it's not very elaborated. 

You still get XP and monies for capping them. YOLO capping at the beginning of the game is stupid anyway; need to push as a group. No point in taking a cap if you cannot hold it. Planes cannot cap, at best they can reset your timer. As a BB, I cap a lot.

Now you're spewing vomit... moving as a team is the WHOLE POINT right now, the meta is pure lemming line because being clustered up makes flak walls that SHRED planes. Have you played the game in the last 24 hours?

They do have CDs on their aircraft but I know the F key circumvents that. This statement is a repeat of your first one, basically.

On some points? yeah. I agree.

Look CVs are not that bad. I have no idea why people are freaking out. I've gone up against Unicum CV players who seem to know how to hit the 145k dmg per game already and I still do not feel threatened by these ships right now, if you simply partner with another AA capable boat. 

I was able to grind out my entire Monarch xp pool in prep for the Lion WITH NO GOD DAMN UPGRADES, no ENGINES, no TARGETING SYSTEMS, NOT EVEN THE HULL upgrade that boost my AA. All it takes me following ONE MEASLY cruiser, like a Cleve or Mino - all done. AA secure. Play smartly beyond that and it's normal as all hell. 

The only thing that sucks right now is that I think the CV play is boring and horrible, and I cannot stand it. I'll be skipping the CV lines from here on out. 

Oh and DDs do get kinda' booted because as I predicted, super fast aircraft make great spotters. Who'd a thunk that having CVs fly as fast as SR-71s would make spotting still a problem?

Go play the game bro. AA doesn't overlap. You can't run together to defend against CV's. Its broken. Go play a desmoines full AA spec, pop your cooldown and the CV will [edited]hit a button and poof his aircraft magically disappear and 30 seconds later your under attack by fresh planes with no counter. How the hell do you guys defend this? YOU CAN HIT A BUTTON AND YOUR PLANES DESPAWN AND RESPAWN lol wth?

GAME BROKE.

• Cool 1

[2EZ]
Members
153 posts
11,362 battles

Dear WarGaming,

I despise this patch.

Enough to stop playing this game after spending a lot of money on this game.

• Cool 1

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles
2 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

@Radar_X can we please rollback to 7.9 ? This patch wasn’t ready for the game yet. Better to run these concepts through another public test round.

MAX 1 CV per team and FIX AA so you can have a chance. Limit CVs to 100 planes. This unlimited plane 1 button win crapis totally [edited].

GAME BROKE.

• Cool 2

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles

50% of community hate this patch. 20% indifferent and 10% have decided to quit but, this patch is good? haha

GAME BROKE!

[INTEL]
Members
23 posts
4,515 battles

This update is bad at best, an overhaul like this should be tested for at least half a year before it comes out. I have no idea why they decided to push this out that quickly in 8.0 while the testing only started in 7.12. Imo they should have worked on releasing the Alaska, Azuma and even other tech tree ships like Soviet BBs first instead of this pile of garbage, when Alaska was tested for 6 months and this rework was tested for only a month, doesn't make sense whatsoever.

Members
41 posts
4,852 battles
10 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

And you are wrong, the entire community doesn't hate it, and there were more players online tonight then I've seen in weeks

There is more players who don't like it than the players that do ...  Look at the vote in some threads back. The update is a disaster

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
Just now, F900EX said:

There is more players who don't like it than the players that do ...  Look at the vote in some threads back. The update is a disaster

You said the "entire" and that's not true

[USCC2]
Members
4,773 posts
46 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Yeeaahhh,  you haven't played many online games then.  Or...any at all other then WoWs.  Also,  you're a DD.  Which tells me pretty much everything I need to know.  The meta has been upset and you can no longer remain invisible for most of the match and you have no idea how to deal with that.  Don't worry,  this craze will die down and you'll go back to only seeing CV's one in every three matches instead of every match and you'll go back to being able to slink around and do whatever.

I'm a DD main (atm), trying out the CVs and probably going to start moving to being a BB main lol.

From what I have seen there is an impact on DDs and your bias 'invisible' label shows what camp you are attached to, so I see your post as being no better than the OPs. Concealment is tied directly to the survival of the DD, the ship with the least HP and the ship type that on average sits at the bottom of all ship types for survival - so 'invisible' isn't exactly correct as these results are across all servers and it has been that way for a while (years).

It looks at present that both the CAs and BBs have adequate AA to cope with the CVs, where the DDs obviously do not; a bit of a tight spot as they are the ship type that is suppose to push forward and scout. Where as you can witness BBs moving a little closer to their CA brothers now, you do not see either pushing up far enough to support the DDs with that cover. The DD could sit back , but in a comical picture (in my mind anyway) you have his bigger brothers pushing him forward saying 'go scout for us'.

Now, it is far to early to know exactly how this will pan out and I think a couple of months will give us some results to reflect on.

@slashman2015 - your post does not really help further 'discussion', you will always have those that are biased towards a certain ship type and your rant with incorrect claims will do nothing to help a balanced look at where the game is. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
725 posts
4,596 battles
10 hours ago, slashman2015 said:

really? I just shot down 20 planes in my Ishizuki. An Ishizuki FFS!!!

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles
Just now, F900EX said:

Why can't I hit a key on my Montana and respawn fully loaded at a place of my choosing? I'm being 100% serious. Why does a carrier which is across the map and stealth ed able to hit a win key and have their planes instantly respawn, takeoff and be at their target anywhere on the map in 20 seconds. How is this a reality?? what was WG thinking? This is broken. Why are there 3 CVs per side? what in the hell were they thinking?
I have not seen a game yet tonight where either team has more than 1 cap after 10 minutes. Noone is pushing or moving up. 

Members
20 posts
7 battles
46 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Yeeaahhh,  you haven't played many online games then.  Or...any at all other then WoWs.  Also,  you're a DD.  Which tells me pretty much everything I need to know. 

If you would actually do your research, you would see that he typically plays BBs and cruisers. So yeah, pretty much shows "everything you need to know" huh? Educate yourself

• Cool 1

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles
Just now, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

really? I just shot down 20 planes in my Ishizuki---one of the worst AA ships around.

Can you explain why that matters? the CV has unlimited planes. AA can be removed right now and it wouldn't make a difference. Go play T10

• Funny 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
10 hours ago, slashman2015 said:

You didn’t shoot any down because they know that as soon as they come within 8km of you they’ll lose their planes.  The fact that you were in a horrifying AA ship is exactly why you only took out 1.

[OPG1]
Members
77 posts
10,039 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I'm a DD main (atm), trying out the CVs and probably going to start moving to being a BB main lol.

From what I have seen there is an impact on DDs and your bias 'invisible' label shows what camp you are attached to, so I see your post as being no better than the OPs. Concealment is tied directly to the survival of the DD, the ship with the least HP and the ship type that on average sits at the bottom of all ship types for survival - so 'invisible' isn't exactly correct as these results are across all servers and it has been that way for a while (years).

It looks at present that both the CAs and BBs have adequate AA to cope with the CVs, where the DDs obviously do not; a bit of a tight spot as they are the ship type that is suppose to push forward and scout. Where as you can witness BBs moving a little closer to their CA brothers now, you do not see either pushing up far enough to support the DDs with that cover. The DD could sit back , but in a comical picture (in my mind anyway) you have his bigger brothers pushing him forward saying 'go scout for us'.

Now, it is far to early to know exactly how this will pan out and I think a couple of months will give us some results to reflect on.

@slashman2015 - your post does not really help further 'discussion', you will always have those that are biased towards a certain ship type and your rant with incorrect claims will do nothing to help a balanced look at where the game is. :Smile_honoring:

What's incorrect? fully AA spec ships can't defend against a CV in this game period at high tier. You can't. There is no defense. You can't do anything. It's just wave after wave of spam planes. If you managed to shoot down 500 it wouldn't matter because the game allows you to launch endless planes. Its total garbage. Everyone knows it. CV's in 7.9 were fine. The reason there were problems is because MM was unable to match skill levels and thats it - period-