Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spud_butt

just can't decide...

4 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,829 posts
5,855 battles

hi.

with almost 5k random battles, I have firmly established myself as a below average player.

tried CVs a bit the better part of a year ago, and did NOT enjoy the play at all. the things that really bothered me were: strafing, manual cross drops, bombing pretty much anything, flak, and the staggering amount of incoming hate in battle chat if you didn't keep the entire map lit up from 20 seconds into the battle.

it would appear most of those issues have been addressed to some level.

strangely, my results in the few battles I played in the pre 8.0 included fairly good W/L rates (everything else was pretty awful), as I worked on helping the team out to the best of my abilities.

my question is, as someone who has struggled at every level, in all types at this game, do I take the time and energy to try them out??

if so, are there any CV skippers with below averages in everything else, that are having fun for the first time in CVs that have some advice that might help out?

I have a ryujo in port, do I start with a T4, or ?? 

THANKS!!  :o)

[SIM]
Members
3,586 posts
5,723 battles

This is a fantastic time to get into CV play. Everyone has been reset back to zero, having to learn from the same point as the rest of the playerbase. You should definitely take this opportunity to get in on the ground floor so to speak, and learn with everyone else while we're all riding the curve.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,772 posts

I've bought both the US and IJN CV (Langley/Hosho) and will look to get the basics sorted in the training room before moving to Co-Op - Randoms.

My next couple of months will be enjoying the challenge of learning the CV play on the one hand, with the more relaxing 'want and destruction' of the BBs on the other. Should balance nicely!

I look at that being my next couple of months until WG has enough stats/results to see if any additional changes are needed. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,829 posts
5,855 battles

@SkaerKrow, @_WaveRider_ thanks! 

completely forgot about the training room!

thinking of it as a level playing field is also appealing, sometimes the ability and skill levels of the unicum players is otherworldly. particularly in CVs.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this