Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JervisBay

0.8.0.0 Side Effects

8 comments in this topic

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

I wonder if WG are aware of  two "side effects" of the update and, if so, whether they anticipated this happening or even planned for it.

Side Effect #1.
I only play PvE and have had 23 straight battles which resulted in only one instance of a CV sinking a ship.
Some of those battles had two CVs on our team, some had only one, but in 23 sequential battles, even allowing for the fact that in one of those a CV claimed a sinking, all the CVs scores were at the bottom of the list.

Side Effect #2.
The large number of players who are saying that they are now playing PvE in preference to PvP, because of the changes.

Oh...I should add that #2 has also been stated by players on the SEA server, where I also play.

Edited by JervisBay

[VOP]
Members
420 posts
3,320 battles

First in!!  A few thoughts.  Yes and no.   Totally agree that friendly CVs in Co Op are mostly useless except for some scouting.  I haven't played enough in Random to see or make an opinion on the changes.   Have some some patience and we'll see what happens.  Don't forget we just kicked off Rank at Tier 9,  that's bleeding off players.  

[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts

Why would #1 be surprising at the moment? Most of those CV players have never used the new interface. Of course they are hardly going to do anything. My first 3-4 matches in the new CVs had me near the bottom of the scoreboard. It's not much different in some ways than a new operation appearing and random teams derping even on the very first wave of bots.

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
33 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Why would #1 be surprising at the moment? ....

Maybe you're right but it seems to be out of proportion to me. But we'll see what it's like after a few weeks - maybe the success numbers will increase for the CVs.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,547 posts
39 minutes ago, JervisBay said:

I wonder if WG are aware of  two "side effects" of the update and, if so, whether they anticipated this happening or even planned for it.

Side Effect #1.
I only play PvE and have had 23 straight battles which resulted in only one instance of a CV sinking a ship.
Some of those battles had two CVs on our team, some had only one, but in 23 sequential battles, even allowing for the fact that in one of those a CV claimed a sinking, all the CVs scores were at the bottom of the list.

Side Effect #2.
The large number of players who are saying that they are now playing PvE in preference to PvP, because of the changes.

Oh...I should add that #2 has also been stated by players on the SEA server, where I also play.

I'm of two minds on this.

On one hand it's pretty much 2 cv's me and bots any time I've tried co-op in the last few days, you cannot yolo in and count on the players/bots to clean up. And Co-op matches take far longer now.

On the other, as long as you can shoot reasonably well and don't walk right into the teeth of the enemy, it does make farming damage a bit easier if slightly more tedious.

Spoiler

O760ww6.jpg

UpJjzOC.jpg

Members
142 posts
8,437 battles

One side effect that I am enjoying is the popular opinion, post 8.0, that DD’s are unplayable at higher tiers.  As a DD main, I have been enjoying the resulting scarcity of opposing DD’s in randoms.  Yes, it’s easier and I suck at ships, so it’s nice to not have to worry about the 4x DD’s on the other side who are, typically, better than I am.  :)

in some ways, the CV plague has shaken up the same old DD games and made them more exciting and, often, a lot shorter.  

Members
116 posts
8,155 battles

IMO CVs will continue to be at bottom in PVE due to the fast pace of PVE with only 1 squad of planes they are not able to cause damage fast enough.

[SIDE]
Members
2,188 posts
3 hours ago, USSLangley said:

One side effect that I am enjoying is the popular opinion, post 8.0, that DD’s are unplayable at higher tiers.  As a DD main, I have been enjoying the resulting scarcity of opposing DD’s in randoms.  Yes, it’s easier and I suck at ships, so it’s nice to not have to worry about the 4x DD’s on the other side who are, typically, better than I am.  :)

in some ways, the CV plague has shaken up the same old DD games and made them more exciting and, often, a lot shorter.  

Good points.

Sign in to follow this