Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pinpoin

Short-range AA gun is totally useless in 0.8.0

6 comments in this topic

[DHL]
Members
1 post
5,044 battles
The existence of short-range anti-aircraft gun is a demerits to most ship.
low damage, no explosion, a range limit to medium-range gun, totally garbage.

shot-19.02.01_14.08.41-0252.jpg

shot-19.02.01_14.11.02-0478.jpg

shot-19.02.01_13.12.08-0176.jpg

Edited by Pinpoin

Members
30 posts
11,388 battles

Yes the AA is completely broken the former AA powerhouses cant shoot down anything. If the CVs get unlimited planes the AA need to be up a lot or go back to the old AA I think it would do more, and the sector is a joke hate it.

Edited by Nathan_Horton_NH

[VOP]
Members
420 posts
3,320 battles

OMG  all I've seen for the past 24 hours is planes raining from the skies.  Ships that aren't even specialized in AA are shooting them down in droves.  ok I've been doing mostly Co Op last day or so but it looks to me like CV play got much harder and AA support got a lot easier.

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,972 posts
10,955 battles

Short range AA debuffs aircraft (slows down and prevents the tightening of the drop cone for torpedoes, ect...) , and finishes off aircraft that have been previously damaged by longer ranged AA and flak bursts.

Historically, short range AA (MG's, 20mm's and the like) was almost useless, the real punch was from the heavy guns. After WWII studies were done and almost all of the lighter AA weapons were removed.

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
28 minutes ago, Nathan_Horton_NH said:

Yes the AA is completely broken the former AA powerhouses cant shoot down anything. If the CVs get unlimited planes the AA need to be up a lot or go back to the old AA I think it would do more, and the sector is a joke hate it.

Will let you in on a little secret I found, leave the sectors babalnce and they will shoot down planes. Especially since the planes love to fly from one flank of your ship, then fly over you, and away from opposite side.

Sign in to follow this