You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Landsraad

So what's the difference?

7 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,189 posts
4,996 battles

Well now that the... Other thing that starts with an "R" that I won't mention for fear of this topic exploding, has hit I've noticed something odd with Hakuryu's loadout that I'm hoping someone can clarify. So you've got two options for your top torpedo planes. Same aircraft for each. One has two planes per attack run, takes longer to refresh, and uses Type 91 mark 7 torpedoes; the other has four planes per run, refreshes faster, and uses Type 91 mark 8 torpedoes. Those are the only differences I can get from port. So what the heck is the difference between the mark 7 and the mark 8? Why would you choose the 7 over the 8 when they have the same stats but the 7 is delivered by a worse squadron?

Members
5,583 posts
6,330 battles

I think one squad has deepwater torpedoes. At least, from what I heard/saw from closed testing and PTS, Hak had the ability to use deepwater torpedo bombers.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
322 posts
4,063 battles

I think one has 2 more planes for attack squad and also torpedo has to travel further before it arms. 

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles

The deepwater torpedos from the Hakuryu are the most difficult to use. Insane arming time coupled with lack of maneuvering and adjustment during attack mode. Just stick with the other less torpedo squad.

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles

Holy crap i was doing it wrong the entire time. Deepwater torpedos are the superior choice using this method of dropping:

OH yeah after doing what this dude said I am consistently doing 140k dmg per match. 80k if my teammates are too good :(.

Edited by Pyun

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,189 posts
4,996 battles

Ugh... I just got my first 100k+ damage match using that method with the regular torps. I feel so dirty... .

• Funny 1

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles
7 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Ugh... I just got my first 100k+ damage match using that method with the regular torps. I feel so dirty... .

I just got 199k tonight. Eheheheh. Entire enemy team was complaining #(