5 comments in this topic

[PHU]
Members
102 posts
5,526 battles

8.0 just came out and it’s contriversial to say the least. Regardless of that 8.0 gave us some well needed buffs, Hood being one of the ships that got a buff. In the new update Hood’s sigma went from 1.8 to 1.9 and the AP fuse went from 0.0015s to 0.0033s. Now I think the accuracy buff was needed but the AP fuse is hindering Hoods performance in game. Before 8.0 damage was easy to inflict on all kinds of ships, Hood would citadel every cruiser it came across and by aiming halfway up the hull Hood could land 10k volleys on battleships easily. After 8.0 the AP overpens all cruisers and yet Hood still can’t do reliable damage on battleships. Because Hoods Krupp and shell velocity is lower than that of other nations the shorter fuse allowed Hood to absolutely destroy all cruisers and still fight enemy battleships with relative ease at medium-short ranges. The shorter AP fuse was useful against battleships because if a ship charged bow on at Hood the AP would enter the superstructure and arm allowing for lots of high damage regardless of angle. Hoods new AP fuse hurts her because she just doesn’t have the gun velocity for it to be useful. And Hoods low Krupp value means that she still shatters against enemy battleships. I would change Hoods ammunition back to the 0.0015s fuse, it was just better all the time in every circumstance. Or if you’re going to make it a battleship instead of a battlecruiser you might as well go all the way with it, increase the Krupp and the velocity along with the accuracy. The ship currently is REALLY struggling to do any kind of consistent damage, I had a 120k damage game followed by a 24k damage game. I think Hoods accuracy buff was needed but the AP ammunition really needs to be looked at.

Edited by Awe5ome
Typo

Beta Testers
337 posts
18,315 battles
4 minutes ago, Awe5ome said:

8.0 just came out and it’s contriversial to say the least. Regardless of that 8.0 gave us some well needed buffs, Hood being one of the ships that got a buff. In the new update Hood’s sigma went from 1.8 to 1.9 and the AP fuse went from 0.0015s to 0.0033s. Now I think the accuracy buff was needed but the AP fuse is hindering Hoods performance in game. Before 8.0 damage was easy to inflict on all kinds of ships, Hood would citadel every cruiser it came across and by aiming halfway up the hull Hood could land 10k volleys on battleships easily. After 8.0 the AP overpens all cruisers and yet Hood still can’t do reliable damage on battleships. Because Hoods Krupp and shell velocity is lower than that of other nations the shorter fuse allowed Hood to absolutely destroy all cruisers and still fight enemy battleships with relative ease at medium-short ranges. The shorter AP fuse was useful against battleships because if a ship charged bow on at Hood the AP would enter the superstructure and arm allowing for lots of high damage regardless of angle. Hoods new AP fuse hurts her because she just doesn’t have the gun velocity for it to be useful. And Hoods low Krupp value means that she still shatters against enemy battleships. I would change Hoods ammunition back to the 0.0015s fuse, it was just better all the time in every circumstance. Or if you’re going to make it a battleship instead of a battlecruiser you might as well go all the way with it, increase the Krupp and the velocity along with the accuracy. The ship currently is REALLY struggling to do any kind of consistent damage, I had a 120k damage game followed by a 24k damage game. I think Hoods accuracy buff was needed but the AP ammunition really needs to be looked at.

how's Hood's AA in new patch?

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,688 battles

My games in her are a lot better now. My highest scoring game in her cane after the patch.

[AOD_B]
Members
38 posts
7,100 battles
9 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Underwhelming.  Much better before.

I agree.  "F" recall makes DFAA consumable (which has limited charges and a cooldown) obsolete and infinite/endless aircraft resources make AA irrelevant.  And the performance is as stated....underwhelming.  In one match my Hood shot down 19 aircraft but I was quickly overwhelmed and sunk by endless waves of torpedoes dropped by hidden aircraft while being perma-spotted.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.