You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RC_1140

How did they decide what carriers to remove?

12 comments in this topic

Members
62 posts
2,394 battles

Did they say anywhere how they picked carriers to remove and will they add more to fill in the tiers later? I wanted the Independence and Essex but now they aren't available. TBH if they will never come back I might just stop playing carriers. (I don't play WOWS that often so sometimes I miss a lot of news)

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles

They only have odd tiered now.  They moved the Ranger to 6 (I think), and the premiums to 8.  That removed the Independence at 6.

The have stated they want to bring the other carriers back, either in the odd tiers or as another line.

Members
62 posts
2,394 battles
21 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

They only have odd tiered now.  They moved the Ranger to 6 (I think), and the premiums to 8.  That removed the Independence at 6.

The have stated they want to bring the other carriers back, either in the odd tiers or as another line.

I hope they do. 

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,155 posts
8,061 battles

They showed a screenshot of what the trees will look like later: the US second CV line will be Bogue-Independence-Yorktown-Essex.

• Cool 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,968 posts
10,955 battles
40 minutes ago, RC_1140 said:

Did they say anywhere how they picked carriers to remove and will they add more to fill in the tiers later? I wanted the Independence and Essex but now they aren't available. TBH if they will never come back I might just stop playing carriers. (I don't play WOWS that often so sometimes I miss a lot of news)

Looking at the IJN line, it's pretty easy, start at tier 10, and keep every other carrier going down.

The US Navy CV line is where it gets interesting, Midway stayed at tier 10, Lexington at 8, which makes sense. Ranger, historically is closer to Ryujo (being an odd perwar carrier) than Hiryu. Independence is a wartime CVL, and in real life was at least as capable as Ranger.  If Wargaming actually goes though with bringing most of the removed CV's back as separate lines (which I seriously doubt with how bad it has been received, I actually doubt we'll see Royal Navy CV) Ranger and Independence will be equal. Yorktown will be at tier 8 with Lexington,  the big pre-war US Navy CV's were pretty much interchangeable. Essex isn't nearly the equal of a Midway, but nothing's gonna work perfect.

Putting the second IJN line in is a little more problematic. Zuiho and Ryujo aren't that similar in capabilities. Zuiho is a small CVL, Ryujo is a tiny fleet carrier. Shokaku is basically an improved Hiryu in every way. Hakuryu is Taiho scaled up to the size of a Midway

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
12 minutes ago, RC_1140 said:

I hope they do. 

They said they want a second "alternative" tree that will also be 6, 8, & 10

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
569 posts
7,516 battles

The used a pair of 21 sided dice with only the numbers 5, 7, and 9 on them and it worked exactly as they predicted.

Members
62 posts
2,394 battles
17 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

There were multiple updates on CVs before the launch how did you miss them all?

Last time I played a lot and checked the news was the last(?) t10 ranked season.

[5D]
Members
2,713 posts
16,231 battles
4 minutes ago, RC_1140 said:

Last time I played a lot and checked the news was the last(?) t10 ranked season.

Just go to the WoWs game page from forums and you'll find several updates on the CVs that were put out in the last week or so.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles
1 hour ago, RC_1140 said:

Did they say anywhere how they picked carriers to remove?

There is this dartboard in the Leningrad office … 

• Funny 1