Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Thank You Wargaming!

7 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,957 posts
10,828 battles

Thank You for 110 million credits, 1.5 million Free XP, and 8k Doubloons you guys added to my account thanks to the CVs all leaving my port because of the rework. :Smile_honoring:

( Oh and being able to use the ex CV Captains and Port Slots on other ships is very nice as well)

[RLGN]
Members
10,339 posts
19,648 battles

I’m actually curious as to how many have done the total sell-off fire sale routine...

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

I actually took that route on the tech tree side (not my premiums).  Added to my fxp, which excess will probably end up on my almost 19 point captain.  I can rebuild my tech tree carriers as I relearn flying from them.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,435 posts
20,361 battles

Sold all my carriers except Saipan and Langley. I shouldn't have sold Hosho but wasn't thinking. The reason I am keeping Saipan for right now is to see if I need a high tier carrier to complete the "Fly, Strike, Win" thing. Once I find out I don't need it or I finish with it, selling her off the way I did Kaga and Enterprise. 

IMHO you shouldn't sell your tier 4 carriers if you have them. You only get like 14k Free Xp for them and it drops all your ship xp on the tier 1 ship so it really isn't worth it. I have over a million ship xp on my Langley which means should I ever be interested in playing carriers again, I can immediately unlock the next one. 
As far as I am concerned, I am no longer a carrier player. The class is dead to me and am sticking with my beloved cruisers. All the other classes of ships are there for completing missions and farming rewards. I will continue to play cruisers until they announce a "Cruiser Rework" and then be likely done with the game. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,957 posts
10,828 battles

With everthing up in the air as to how CVs will turn out, and such generous compensation, I don’t see any reason for anyone not to accept the compensation.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,466 posts
21,277 battles

Thanks WG for the 8.0 Upgrade . Carrier playing isn't so boring anymore glad you guys got rid of that multi-tasking also . Never enjoyed or played the old version and keeping all my carriers now its time to get that tier 10 CV,,, soon   

[VOP]
Members
420 posts
3,320 battles

Never played a CV, won't buy a CV.  I had a close friend when I was a teen that was aboard BB43 on Dec. 7, 1941.   Then he served on Benson class DDs during the Solomon's campaign.  He hated the CV and it was something he passed on to me.  Just my personal opinion and preference. However, I think CVs got nerfed not buffed in the new update.  I was a bit worried and was dusting off my AA ships and skills.   From what I've seen so far.. no need to worry.. 

Sign in to follow this