You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Not_Taking_my_Cents

A suggestion for us all

14 comments in this topic

[SQUAD]
Members
8,140 posts
8,404 battles

By now, we've run the course on what we do, and most emphatically don't, like/enjoy about .8.0 and the Carrier rework, here on the forums. Most of us are repeating ourselves, and many of us while doing so are screaming at each other, not to mention WG, and tossing insults like confetti.

I suggest, respectfully, that it might be a good time to step back, calm down, and leave the forums be for a few days, as far as threads on this subject are concerned. That's what I'm going to do, or at least try to do.

The problem with opinions is that everyone has one, and the bigger problem with opinions is that we instantly want to share them. The biggest problem with them, though, is that when we disagree with someone, we turn them into the enemy in our minds, and so we attack. This just won't work, and it certainly won't help things.

WG will get far, far more data on what is and isn't wrong with things in .8.0 from gameplay, as in the numbers, the raw data generated, and as in the actual games being played, or lack thereof. If you want to help WG get this right, hopefully anyway, then go play rounds and help generate the data they need. If you don't want to help, and have thrown the towel in totally, I haven't, though I am avoiding CVs, honestly, then this isn't the place for you.

Those who, in effect, have no stake in what's going on honestly shouldn't be spouting off, and it's those players, and those who in turn respond, that is taking this toxic soup to an unheard of level here.

Let this die down, so we can find the facts hiding in this massive noise cloud. That's my 2 cents. Peace, out. o7

• Cool 18

Members
4,470 posts
7,214 battles

^^^^ This post should have 100 up votes by now...

Edited by CylonRed

[HYDRO]
Members
3,003 posts
4,600 battles

I would also add that this may be a good time to pick up a bit of Ranked if you want a breather from the rework. No CVs and you can get some Steel in the bargain.

While Arms Race isn't the best mode, at least it's an interesting change :Smile_great:.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles
3 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

^^^^ This post should have 100 up votes by now...

QFT and no down votes. I wonder if the person that did down vote this would have done so under the UE forums rules where your name is tagged to the reaction?

3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I would also add that this may be a good time to pick up a bit of Ranked if you want a breather from the rework. No CVs and you can get some Steel in the bargain.

While Arms Race isn't the best mode, at least it's an interesting change :Smile_great:.

That is if you stick with it long enough.

[KILL]
Members
73 posts
7,226 battles

A better idea would be for WG to listen to their customers before this goes the direction of EA or Bethesda. They need to pull the broken meta and immediately pause the clock on peoples premium time until a working game is released.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,372 battles

Before everyone gets all freaking high and mighty, understand what is going on. People who love the game are unhappy with the changes. They are not just players, they are customers and fans of the game. They are passionate and are expressing themselves, sometimes poorly, but what would be far more worrying is if no one said anything and just melted away to find something else to spend their money and free time on..... 

Wargaming has opened itself up to criticism by competing in the free market and selling a product. If they can not take the heat, maybe they should get out of the kitchen. Some have a tendency to take things too far but that is just life. Get used to it. 

Members
4,724 posts
8,116 battles
17 minutes ago, HauptmannHope said:

A better idea would be for WG to listen to their customers before this goes the direction of EA or Bethesda. They need to pull the broken meta and immediately pause the clock on peoples premium time until a working game is released.

What, in your opinion, would be a "working game"?

Members
5,456 posts
6,167 battles

Personally, I've been playing my Ranger and Saipan in coop. I even purchased back Ryuujo to get an idea of how the IJN CVs are now. I was dead set on selling back Saipan for the doubloons, but now I think I'll hang onto it.

On first impressions I'm actually liking the gameplay from the rework. But I can't make any concrete statements one way or the other or on any balance discussions really as I've little experience with the new CVs. First I want to get that experience. And to do that I'll need to get out of coop and into randoms first, but I also don't want to weigh teams down so I'm just focusing on getting the fundamentals down. Bots may be easy to beat, and are dumber than a bag of hammers, but for practicing the basics, they'll do fine. Plus next Wednesday starts one of the 3 T6 operations that are left, which should allow more practice against tougher bot AI, and it allows a bit more time for randoms to settle down a little. It is only day 2 of 0.8.0 after all.

But, as I said, while I have my opinions on things, I want the experience as well. I'll hold most of my thoughts until a later time when I feel comfortable that I understand how things are supposed to work and what not. No sense in screaming one way or the other based off things such as CC videos and written articles with no hands on experience to backup claims.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[GT99]
Members
572 posts
7,555 battles
13 minutes ago, dmckay said:

What, in your opinion, would be a "working game"?

My game works so IDK....

[CLARE]
Members
340 posts

You are absolutely right.

I sold my one and only carrier.

[PVE]
Members
705 posts
5,772 battles
1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I suggest, respectfully, that it might be a good time to step back, calm down, and leave the forums be for a few days, as far as threads on this subject are concerned.

But what am I going to do with all of this popcorn I stocked up on:cap_haloween:

Personally I plan on playing my ships that have perma camo or my premiums so if I get nuked early I at least shouldn't loose credits. The grinds can wait a few weeks.

[SQUAD]
Members
8,140 posts
8,404 battles
3 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

But what am I going to do with all of this popcorn I stocked up on:cap_haloween:

Personally I plan on playing my ships that have perma camo or my premiums so if I get nuked early I at least shouldn't loose credits. The grinds can wait a few weeks.

You could rent a movie and eat it still, I suppose. Just keep the salt on the popcorn and away from here. There's enough here to give the forums heart disease, already.

Members
4,470 posts
7,214 battles
8 hours ago, HauptmannHope said:

until a working game is released.

It has been working for a few years now and has not stopped working.