You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

AA focused premium ship refund

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
15,301 battles

Atlanta, Texas, Sims, event Flint should be qualified for a refund

• Cool 4

[PNG]
Members
4,565 posts
11,978 battles

Why they all do very well v the aircraft changes. Now at least they have planes to shoot at. Damn I was thinking the other way around when no one wanted to play cvs. Funny once there are plenty of planes to shoot at people start to cry about it.

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
15,301 battles
5 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

Why they all do very well v the aircraft changes. Now at least they have planes to shoot at. Damn I was thinking the other way around when no one wanted to play cvs. Funny once there are plenty of planes to shoot at people start to cry about it.

Except these ships no longer shoot down planes at all lol

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,042 battles
6 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

i don't!  everytime i sail ATL i get sad there is no CV plans to shoot. :( 

but there is something else that i notice...thoes planes keep players eye occupied ....in one game drove ATL within 4k in open water straight to the broadside of a BB...that whole time he didn't notice me but was preoccupied with them buzzards hitting him.....and he did not target me once.  to let an ATL get that close to you unchecked or any other ship for that matter....that Capt ...was really Busy.  so in some way i love them planes for being on my side...lol   

Edited by Shinnidan

[HEROS]
Members
1,829 posts
5,855 battles
2 minutes ago, luckyhoho said:

Except these ships no longer shoot down planes at all lol

I shot down a couple (actually 3) in my atlanta yesterday.

was sunk by rockets.

Members
1,152 posts
8,031 battles

My sims still shoots down plenty of planes. Doesn't seem to do much good tho when all of my team is camping in spawn. I'd rather have a refund for some of the teams I've been getting lately.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

My sims still shoots down plenty of planes. Doesn't seem to do much good tho when all of my team is camping in spawn. I'd rather have a refund for some of the teams I've been getting lately.

How much do you think you'd get for them?

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
14 minutes ago, luckyhoho said:

Atlanta, Texas, Sims, event Flint should be qualified for a refund

You know there is going to be tweaking of the rework per WG and we are less than 48 hours in. I would hold your horses and see what develops first.

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
17 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

The great thing about sims is it has a 0.9km short range and a 1-6km mid.

Atlanta long range stops at 3 or 3.5, changing over to the garbage 28mm guns with 3 flak bursts (with the aa module). Once they're in that mid range atlanta does not shoot anything down.

The strength of atlanta was 1k AA dps from 0 to 7.2km. Now atlanta is only good at 3.5-5.9km, spotted well before that.

I've shot down more t10 planes in Z52 with no aa spec whatsoever than I have shot down t6 planes in an atlanta with MAA AFT BFT AAGM1 and the flag.

Atlanta is complete trash at shooting down planes right now.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
15,301 battles
20 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You know there is going to be tweaking of the rework per WG and we are less than 48 hours in. I would hold your horses and see what develops first.

that we all know, but this is time to speak up or you will never get a second chance

[HELLS]
Members
2,100 posts
19,986 battles

I went 3 for 3 in Randoms tonite, in Alabama, Vanguard and Edinburgh, all ships with respectable AA without an AA build Did not shoot down anything because the planes stayed way. Only saw CVs in two of those, the game with Edinburgh had 2 per side. I do not like the sector fire setup at all, as I always got good results by selecting the air target when it approached the ship and entered the bubble with the old system. Now it is hit or miss. Gonna have to get used to  it I guess...

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
5 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I went 3 for 3 in Randoms tonite, in Alabama, Vanguard and Edinburgh, all ships with respectable AA without an AA build Did not shoot down anything because the planes stayed way. Only saw CVs in two of those, the game with Edinburgh had 2 per side. I do not like the sector fire setup at all, as I always got good results by selecting the air target when it approached the ship and entered the bubble with the old system. Now it is hit or miss. Gonna have to get used to  it I guess...

The sector fire means flak in that sector will hit for more damage. It's a more interactive and intuitive system than clicking. It also allows for careful planning and counterplay if a carrier can know which sector is active.

Hitting the flak bursts is definitely all or nothing sometimes, though.