You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSLangley

Who has shot down the most planes in a game since 8.0?

26 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts
8,437 battles

Hey y'all.

I suck at this new game (sucked at the old one too, but nevermind that) and even I have managed a few games where my AA guys brought down 60-70 planes.  Got me to wondering how you experts were doing in this department.

So, post up and please include your capt specs/build if you are willing to share.

Shoot straight and keep swatting those flies, fellas.

[RED2]
Members
1,579 posts
8,394 battles

shot-19_01.30_15_04.48-0855.thumb.jpg.e45db588ec6423ac21878a94acadd0da.jpg

Someone has probably done better than this but that was when I took the Jean Bart out. Its a typical endurance build not AA. I did have a Cleveland near me most of the game.

[3COWS]
Members
296 posts
Just now, Chimera2 said:

shot-19_01.30_15_04.48-0855.thumb.jpg.e45db588ec6423ac21878a94acadd0da.jpg

Someone has probably done better than this but that was when I took the Jean Bart out. Its a typical endurance build not AA. I did have a Cleveland near me most of the game.

Very nice, Im loving the new game play :)

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
24 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Minotaur on reddit had 110 strikes.

There was a khaba with 131. If that doesnt indicate how busted the AA rework is I'm not sure what will.unknown-246.thumb.png.a5b78b2cd61ad9c3cd75d41eb83c3145.png

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
3,586 posts
5,723 battles

I had 34 in my Salem earlier, not at all AA spec. It’s not much compared to the guys racking up triple digits, but it’s a lot more than I’d ever had in her before.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles
6 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

There was a khaba with 131. If that doesnt indicate how busted the AA rework is I'm not sure what will.unknown-246.thumb.png.a5b78b2cd61ad9c3cd75d41eb83c3145.png

Great.  The only DD that didn't care if got spotted still doesn't care.

Members
142 posts
8,437 battles
25 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Wow!  That’s more planes than most aircraft carriers carried!  Oh wait...  :p

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles
3 minutes ago, USSLangley said:

Wow!  That’s more planes than most aircraft carriers carried!  Oh wait...  :p

Even with the new plane system, that had to be two CVs going after him.

[GT99]
Members
569 posts
7,516 battles

How the hell does a DD shoot down more planes than an AA specced US cruiser when the cruiser was harassed pretty heavily? I have been testing the AA on my US cruisers and they do not function on that kind of level at all.

[RED2]
Members
1,579 posts
8,394 battles
28 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

How the hell does a DD shoot down more planes than an AA specced US cruiser when the cruiser was harassed pretty heavily? I have been testing the AA on my US cruisers and they do not function on that kind of level at all.

My guess is that neither carrier understood the new AA system and how to avoid it. Worse case scenario, they flew into the flank clouds for some reason, perhaps thinking that they can't hurt you after the explosion and that they were less likely to fire in the same place twice. He also could have had a cruiser or BB helping him and he happened to get most of the shoot downs because his air defenses were the second line.

That or we can  just call out Russian Bias.

Edited by Chimera2
  • Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
569 posts
7,516 battles
Just now, Chimera2 said:

My guess is that neither carrier understood the new AA system and how to avoid it. Worse case scenario, they flew into the flank clouds for some reason, perhaps thinking that they can't hurt you after the explosion and that they were less likely to fire in the same place twice. 

Very true, it's just weird that I fight to shoot down planes and other are just shooting them down all willy-nilly; yes I used that term lol...

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,466 battles
1 hour ago, The_Painted_Target said:

:cap_rambo:Holy Mother of Gawd.

That is NOT NATURAL. 

And I thought it was bad when a Mino got 107.

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,485 posts
8,156 battles
34 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

From my tests ,some DDs have really good long range AA meaning incredible damage on their long range flack. The CV on the other team probably played connect-the-dots with this Khabarovsk's flack guns.

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
569 posts
7,516 battles
17 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

From my tests ,some DDs have really good long range AA meaning incredible damage on their long range flack. The CV on the other team probably played connect-the-dots with this Khabarovsk's flack guns.

Connect-the-dots....+1 sir

[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
153 posts
4,727 battles

i had 58 shot down in my worcester last night

[WOLF6]
Members
877 posts
3,428 battles

First match out in the Atlanta. Funnily enough I've beat it several times in my Loyang. I don't know what the fuss over DDs is all about.

Untitled1.jpg

Members
161 posts
9,903 battles
9 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

The sector system for DDs makes the AA really strong one that side of the ship. Combined with DFAA and AA mod upgrades, planes come down quickly.

Beta Testers
1,234 posts
5,613 battles
9 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Probably 2 players inexperience with the new CV/AA system and they continued to fly their planes directly into his flak guns.  You can rack up plane kills very quickly if they are careless enough to just fly in a straight line at you.

Members
62 posts

41 with Belfast no AA spec. Spent the whole game spotted dodging planes, top of leaderboard, still lost. Looks like my new job is tanking planes instead of sinking DDs. No fun at all.

Members
142 posts
8,437 battles

Planes seemed easier to shoot down today.  I stopped bothering to even change AA sectors that much.

Did they dial them more fragile?

Members
4,463 posts
7,203 battles

20 something (23 or 24)  in my Mass B with a secondary build.  I stayed with the fleet...  When I got out by myself - 4 plane kills and only did 21 or 22K damage to ships (not a good game).