Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aaron_S_Merrill

Captain respeccs?

9 comments in this topic

[BOTO]
Members
387 posts
9,689 battles

Does anybody know how long we're going to have access to free respeccs for our Captains?  I've missed it in the notes.

[DNTZ]
Members
291 posts
13,923 battles
7 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Does anybody know how long we're going to have access to free respeccs for our Captains?  I've missed it in the notes.

Feb 7 or 8.   Don’t remember which.

• Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
387 posts
9,689 battles
1 minute ago, BruDog1970 said:

Feb 7 or 8.   Don’t remember which.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,511 posts
13,775 battles
15 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

You can change captains from ship to ship for free too.

Members
2,071 posts
509 battles

I reset all my capts to zero and will do research... so far a LOT of DDs are suffering, while taking out more planes than I normally do with Akizuki, Katikazi and fletcher.... DDs cannot do what they used to against planes...(survive and cap) if they get focused...
ALSO the lame sit in back Meta has gotten exponentially worse than ever before... I mean 46 battles (random) in two days is a small sample size but MAN no one moves up at ALL now, not even DDs...

[WOLF7]
Members
11,547 posts
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I reset all my capts to zero and will do research... so far a LOT of DDs are suffering, while taking out more planes than I normally do with Akizuki, Katikazi and fletcher.... DDs cannot do what they used to against planes...(survive and cap) if they get focused...
ALSO the lame sit in back Meta has gotten exponentially worse than ever before... I mean 46 battles (random) in two days is a small sample size but MAN no one moves up at ALL now, not even DDs...

Who could have predicted such an outcome.....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,435 posts
20,361 battles

IMHO the best strategy to take advantage of the free captain skill reset and retraining is to set all captains to zero, assign your captains to where you eventually want them and then take advantage of the free module demount and remove every module from every ship. Then find a couple of ships you are grinding, maybe two or three, and set them up the best you can with captain skills and modules. Just play those ships until the new meta develops and Wargaming finishes balancing everything. Try and pick ships that you have premiums you can use as well to break up the monotony of playing a few boats. Once all the dust settles it is far better to have to reset a couple of captains or demount gear from a few ships than the entire fleet. 

• Cool 3

Members
2,071 posts
509 battles
19 hours ago, awiggin said:

Who could have predicted such an outcome.....:Smile_trollface:

the simplest explanation of the new WOWS meta....

SUtWhaQ.jpg

I was thinking of using this as a MAIN thread title for the new game meta, but I read the new forum rules... and decided against it..

:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
2,071 posts
509 battles
19 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

IMHO the best strategy to take advantage of the free captain skill reset and retraining is to set all captains to zero, assign your captains to where you eventually want them and then take advantage of the free module demount and remove every module from every ship. Then find a couple of ships you are grinding, maybe two or three, and set them up the best you can with captain skills and modules. Just play those ships until the new meta develops and Wargaming finishes balancing everything. Try and pick ships that you have premiums you can use as well to break up the monotony of playing a few boats. Once all the dust settles it is far better to have to reset a couple of captains or demount gear from a few ships than the entire fleet. 

THIS!!!!  and I did it on ALL my ships  in ten minutes...

Sign in to follow this