You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

The WGC is bad

6 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
69 posts
1,792 battles

There have been a lot of people who have been complaining about the new WGC over the classic launcher for WoWS. I figured those people were just typical haters of change and were complaining about nothing. I didn't really need to change to the WGC, since I only play WoWS, so I don't really benefit from having all of my WG games in the same program. The new launcher wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

However, now that a new update has rolled around again, I can see why everyone hates the new launcher. I've tried downloading the update 3 times and each time it gets to around 50% and gets stuck. Each time I had to empty out the updates folder in the WoWS directory to restart the download. After the third attempt, I gave up and downloaded the old launcher from the website again and it downloaded without any issue.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to stop that from happening?

Members
4,470 posts
7,214 battles

I have never had any issues with WGC downloading updates.  Only use it to download updates and nothing else other than the occasional file integrity check.

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,679 battles

I use WGC all the time now. Glitches for me have been on par with the classic launcher, not often at all. Why some have problems & others don't is a good question. Although Windows updates have caused some issues.

Edited by kgh52

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

WGC is one of those 'invisible' things for me now.  I have it set so that it exits completely when I quit it, and it doesn't open itself into the tray, or stay in it after exit.  It had the update loaded before I got home on Wednesday, since I started the launcher before I left for work.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,778 posts
2,685 battles

I haven't had a problem with WGC since I got a new computer.  It isn't special, but it has only Windows and WG on it.  I found that STEAM/Office/whatever my wife had on there made for a bunch of conflict.

Members
108 posts
4,535 battles
25 minutes ago, ComputerWhiz said:

Anyone else have this problem and know how to stop that from happening?

Mine has been working fine.  I am also glad they added the toggle where you can make the app close when you close the window.  That was the main thing I previously did not like about it.