icrystalaxy

Mac version won't open due to program error?

13 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
589 battles

It doesn't open past the launcher. Pressing play on the launcher simply results in that little window appearing. Please help, I just wanna try out the new CVs.

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 5.21.39 PM.png

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles

Downloaded a patch for MAC from Wargaming plater support page that fixed not being able to open the game.

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
589 battles

Thanks Conrad! It's super helpful!

Wait new question, when I download the MacWrapper, will it redownload the game? My mac doesn't have too much space, so I really can't support a second WoWs download.

Edited by icrystalaxy

Members
62 posts
3,074 battles

You probably figured this out two weeks ago, and a newer wrapper has come out since, but the update just overwrites the older version.

Members
62 posts
3,074 battles

Running WOWs under bootcamp would be great if I did not need for anything else to be running on my mac at the same time.

[BRATS]
Members
17 posts
6,638 battles
On 2/13/2019 at 12:59 AM, Legendary_Engram said:

just bootcamp it thats what i did

Frustrated with continuous crashes/hangs/FPS dropoffs, I have decided to go this route. Bootcamp in, downloading the WoWs client as I write this. Can I message you for tech support, most-experienced brother?  8)

Seriously, though, have you run in to any issues bootcamping?

[MOM]
Members
1 post
3,254 battles

Now doesn't open again. Time to give it away I think. Sick of getting pinked for drop outs that are not my fault.

[187]
Members
9 posts
6,015 battles

The recommended the Beta version as a temporary fix, but it's not worth playing the game.

Screen constantly going way, like it's a window, even though I chose full screen mode.

Can't read any thing. Can't see what flags do, camo does, etc. In game can't see the names of the ships, so if someone says focus on X ship, you have no idea what ship you are looking at.

I'm about done with this game, due to lack of any real support for MacOS players, and window players have a big advantage over us.

[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,343 battles

Greetings:

For Mac players, the greatest frustration seems to be the refresh rate or FPS.  I have seen it drop to 5 FPS at times.  I no longer get any number above 25 FPS since 8.x was released.  The Beta Wrapper from WGC is a good stopgap but I do not see it working much pass 0.8.6.  Anything that is 0.9.x and I will have to play using X-Box 1.

I am hopping to ply Tier 3-5 Russian BBs before the the program dies.

NJroc