Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shrike45

Thanks for ruining the CVs

18 comments in this topic

[BBB]
Members
8 posts
3,447 battles

wow they want to bring more people in and this is their solution.  amazing.  smh

• Cool 3

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,532 posts
4,679 battles

give it time. it will take a few patches to tune them

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
603 posts
13,160 battles

I played a couple games, sunk a couple ships.  Seems fine to me.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Considering how many people hate the old CV, this is actually a right step. 

• Cool 2

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,391 posts
3,052 battles
33 minutes ago, Shrike45 said:

wow they want to bring more people in and this is their solution.  amazing.  smh

Well honestly, people like you are to thank. You give no input on what you like, dont like, or what you would do. The devs are watching responses and open to ideas. Now is your chance to fix this, and you told them to go eat crap

[NDA]
Supertester
5,186 posts
15,384 battles
37 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

give it time. it will take a few patches to tune them

The problem with this advice, which I've seen used by lots of captain to those suffering from 0.8.0 cancer, is a few patches could mean months. WG set themselves a 3 week patch cycle. Now granted WG might be working on micro patches that address small issues in the coming weeks as we generate data but how long that takes is any ones guess. 

[PNG]
Members
4,565 posts
11,981 battles

Ya I played one battle yesterday and like the new battle type. The old version I felt disconnected from the battle like I was staring at a checker board, This version is much better and makes me feel more part of the battle. This is what it should have been all along.

• Cool 1

[BBB]
Members
8 posts
3,447 battles
1 hour ago, HooplaJones said:

I played a couple games, sunk a couple ships.  Seems fine to me.

i do think its more enjoyable in the long run, problem is it instantly turns ppl  away from playing CV.  and thats going to push people away in the long run.  which overall contributes to a smaller player base.  exactly what they dont want.  

[BBB]
Members
8 posts
3,447 battles
23 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

Ya I played one battle yesterday and like the new battle type. The old version I felt disconnected from the battle like I was staring at a checker board, This version is much better and makes me feel more part of the battle. This is what it should have been all along.

tbh i kinda like the old way.  much simpler and thus more enjoyable to play.  dont get me wrong new way has positives...but those positives dont help bring new players i imagine.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,079 posts
6,215 battles

Its very hard on DD's, T10 AA is over the top for a T8 CV, t6 AA is largely ineffective vs T8 CV, T8 CV is challenging to say the least in a T10 match

[PNG]
Members
4,565 posts
11,981 battles

We will see if this level of CV play stays up. I think it will have an effect that we will see more battles with CVs even after the newness wears off. I think this is what the CV play has needed. I for one am glad to see more cvs with my cruisers needing planes to shoot down. Of course I respect my light cruisers yesterday to be more of a DD hunter as AA seems strong enough without having to be beefed up.

[-1]
Members
301 posts
4,974 battles
1 hour ago, alex08060 said:

Considering how many people hate the old CV, this is actually a right step. 

^^^ truth he speaks

[NAB]
Members
120 posts
3,444 battles

This game is going downhill since CV rework. Have you noticed the number of players every day night? We gave WG time to fix this crap, but they still leave the CV there. Maybe this game will follow WOWP’s in the future.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,514 posts
16,121 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 8:38 PM, _1204_ said:

Well honestly, people like you are to thank. You give no input on what you like, dont like, or what you would do. The devs are watching responses and open to ideas. Now is your chance to fix this, and you told them to go eat crap

The short version?

Technical exploits exist (check iChase's video on how to land all your bombs on a DD).

A stated reason for the rework was to narrow the performance gap between high skill and average CV players. My observation is that it is at least as large as before, and I suspect it is greater. No, I have not done statistical analysis, but I am persuadable. 

Any DD not in or near an AA ball is toast against a skilled higher tier CV player who finds and is determined to kill him; he will be rocketed and spotted by the CV, and then shot up by folks with the opportunity to do so.  And I dont play DDs to cruise with a group of AA ships while the enemy DDs are capping the point whilst our CV driver is off farming big things he might be able to hit, so I am familiar with the quandary.  It is no better for the game when I am on the side of the good CV driver (s). 

That's a start. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
10,029 posts
28,181 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 9:38 AM, _1204_ said:

The devs are open to ideas. That is why the CV rework contains not a single idea that was proposed in multiple fora by skilled CV players who had a handle on how to think about the problem. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,893 posts
4,501 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 6:13 PM, Shrike45 said:

tbh i kinda like the old way.  much simpler and thus more enjoyable to play.  dont get me wrong new way has positives...but those positives dont help bring new players i imagine.

It could since the new way makes it more in-line with the other ship classes. 

The point of contention for people trying to get into carriers was the RTS element to it.  It's fun to those who love it, but frustrating to those who despise the micro-managing nature of it.

[_I_]
Members
104 posts
916 battles

What they did was exchange a chess-board RTS for a third-rate flight simulator. Brilliant.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this