You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

CV reworks in a nutshell

39 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,526 posts
4,679 battles

sxTiJVx.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[MDB]
Members
142 posts
13,483 battles

i didnt played the test server, just watched the videos, i tought was cool but...

playing now i agree, the cv are worst now, terrible and tedius gameplay

Tedius gameplay to fly in every giant map,
no strafes to kill enemy players or nice fights.
After 2 minutes fly in the tedius map,  an encounter AAs kill your entire squadron .....sux....
controls system to use torpedos, rockets and bombs camera/aim sux a lot.

[SOV]
Members
2,856 posts
2 minutes ago, AlemaumBeer said:

i didnt played the test server, just watched the videos, i tought was cool but...

playing now i agree, the cv are worst now, terrible and tedius gameplay

Tedius gameplay to fly in every giant map,
no strafes to kill enemy players or nice fights.
After 2 minutes fly in the tedius map,  an encounter AAs kill your entire squadron .....sux....
controls system to use torpedos, rockets and bombs camera/aim sux a lot.

Cant argue.

Members
431 posts
5,066 battles

If you were unfortunate enough, like myself, to have been playing this game for quite some time (although CV's weren't and never have been my mainstay) and purchased a premium CV or two - this CV nerf is quite unfortunate. Even in a test environment with low AI bots as your targets, such as a tier VIII Amagi or Colorado which was never really known for super great AA in the first place, you're lucky if your squadron makes it to the target to actually fire its payload. 

• Cool 1

[ERN]
10,526 posts
4,679 battles
2 minutes ago, orangeandblue said:

If you were unfortunate enough, like myself, to have been playing this game for quite some time (although CV's weren't and never have been my mainstay) and purchased a premium CV or two - this CV nerf is quite unfortunate. Even in a test environment with low AI bots as your targets, such as a tier VIII Amagi or Colorado which was never really known for super great AA in the first place, you're lucky if your squadron makes it to the target to actually fire its payload. 

I have all premium cv beside the german one. So I know what it likes. But if the upcoming changes doesn't make more playable, then I will sell them before the deadline

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,204 posts
5,380 battles
10 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I have all premium cv beside the german one. So I know what it likes. But if the upcoming changes doesn't make more playable, then I will sell them before the deadline

I already sold mine.  After warning them how bad this was, and being told that my concerns were immaterial to whether or not they were going to launch this sucker, I have severe doubts about their ability to fix anything.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,422 battles
2 minutes ago, thegreenbaron said:

I already sold mine.  After warning them how bad this was, and being told that my concerns were immaterial to whether or not they were going to launch this sucker, I have severe doubts about their ability to fix anything.

Almost rage sold my Kaga after playing it.

Whoever thought a tier 8 carrier versus tier 10 cruiser AA was ok, should be shot.

Then move me from the sweet tier 7 mm to the brutal bottom tier 10 meta?

Oh hell no....

Then I remember I need a CV for those challenges....

Co-Op baby....

Oh yea.

[ERN]
10,526 posts
4,679 battles
9 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Then I remember I need a CV for those challenges....

Co-Op baby....

Oh yea.

jokes on you, there is no cv bots. not till wg can reprogram the bots to play the new cvs

[ERN]
10,526 posts
4,679 battles
13 minutes ago, driedjello said:

Do we get cash for them or just dumb in-game currency/dubloons?

doubloons

[NAB]
Members
416 posts
9,179 battles
6 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

doubloons

Poop, I have 135k of those.  :Smile_sad:

Edited by driedjello

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,422 battles
10 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

jokes on you, there is no cv bots. not till wg can reprogram the bots to play the new cvs

The Borg will come....

Members
3 posts
529 battles

So I took the time to make a post. I hate these changes. This game sucks now and I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been playing this game for like 3 years and I'm probably uninstalling it tonight. What the [edited] did you idiots cry about on here to get them to do what they did? Wow.....

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
4 minutes ago, Jabowaki said:

So I took the time to make a post. I hate these changes. This game sucks now and I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been playing this game for like 3 years and I'm probably uninstalling it tonight. What the [edited] did you idiots cry about on here to get them to do what they did? Wow.....

529 games in 3 years? You sure you didn't hate it before?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Members
3 posts
529 battles
Just now, Capt_h2o said:

529 games in 3 years? You sure you didn't hate it before?

Sorry I have a life...

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
Just now, Jabowaki said:

Sorry I have a life...

I'm sure the community as a whole will miss you, hope WG can find someone to fill your spot

• Funny 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
11 minutes ago, Jabowaki said:

This I understand

3 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I'm sure the community as a whole will miss you, hope WG can find someone to fill your spot

Easy to say, but when players leave, so does their money, and if enough newish players leave, they tend to not recommend to others that might be interested.  WOWs has never had a large player base on the NA server, it would be interesting to see how many players are on at peak times in a week or so.

[SYN]
Members
3,431 posts
16,556 battles
44 minutes ago, Jabowaki said:

What the [edited] did you idiots cry about on here to get them to do what they did?

You admit in your post you don't know what is going on but feel empowered to claim forum posters are to blame.

Welcome to the forums please feel free to make a fool of yourself.

[CVA16]
Members
110 posts
5,586 battles

People who say farewell to players who are leaving are fools.  When players leave, there are less players on the servers, they're not spending money n the game, and they potentially shorten the life of the game.  So make your jokes.  ha ha ha!!!  More the fool YOU for making the joke.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
5 minutes ago, iso250 said:

People who say farewell to players who are leaving are fools.  When players leave, there are less players on the servers, they're not spending money n the game, and they potentially shorten the life of the game.  So make your jokes.  ha ha ha!!!  More the fool YOU for making the joke.

Although I don't agree with all you said, I do agree that we should not cheer on people leaving the game. You are right, the fewer players we have, the sooner the game bites the dust. There seems to be a group of people who just enjoy provoking those who are leaving or talking about leaving and I find the behavior pretty repellant. Granted some of the "I Quit" posts are a bit on the weird side but often they are written in haste and with just a bit of anger. We have all been there, with the game whether is "control alt del" your way out of a match or just pulling the power plug. I know I have pounded my ESC key just a bit too hard sometimes when I get frustrated. I do know my dogs have been exposed to language that would make my Chief Warrant Officer blanch.

Lets show a bit of empathy and try and keep players interested in coming back to the game even after a "rage uninstall". Adding to the anger by poking fun or being dismissive will just keep them from returning to the game we all enjoy (sometimes).

• Cool 2

Members
431 posts
5,066 battles

The only ship I really care to purchase at the moment is Massachusetts and it's not available in the in-game tech tree so that wouldn't do me much good. Otherwise, I'd think fairly seriously about selling my prem CV's if I received doubloons and the ship I wanted was in the tech tree, but, that is not the case.

[DNTZ]
Members
291 posts
13,935 battles
35 minutes ago, iso250 said:

The OP plays 500-ish battles in 3 years and you believe he has spent any actual money on this game?

[SS238]
Members
219 posts
26,516 battles

The Beta testers gave this CV rework a thumbs down. They were ignored. There was a large amount of comment from players on the test server and great deal of it was negative. The consensus was the the CV rework was nowhere near ready for prime time. That was without the HUGE changes in spotting that accompanied the patch. Wargame paid no attention and plowed blindly ahead.

That's how we got here. Wargaming - I hope you have a big shovel to dig yourself out of this hole. You'll need it

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
2 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

The OP plays 500-ish battles in 3 years and you believe he has spent any actual money on this game?

I bought two ships and some doubloons after playing the game one hour. Anything is possible, not sure why you feel the need to doubt that.