You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USS_Taylor_Swift

Buff sector selection for AA

19 comments in this topic

Members
549 posts
1,246 battles

image.thumb.png.7254e7bd1efeff1e597579ee666372c5.png

This is the result of a match I just had with a full AA build Missouri. Both CVs relentlessly attacked me for nearly the entire game. I was able to do absolutely nothing but retreat for the duration of the game. There is absolutely nothing fun about it. With my full AA build, I was able to shoot down a whopping 20 airplanes out of their magical infinite hangers. Who designed the manual AA sector selection system and thought it was a good idea? Once the red planes go through their attack on you, their planes have flown over to the AA weak side of your ship and by the time you switch sectors, they are already attacking and now once again flying to the other side. This whole system is just bad, but we should at least be able to switch sectors immediately or within 2 seconds. I just don't understand how this was played in testing and enough people thought "this is really fun! We did a great job and our players will love this!"

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift
  • Cool 1

Members
549 posts
1,246 battles
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

How u get almost 500k credits for doing only 10k damage?

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to take off my Wyvern flags.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,372 battles

I have to admit, I hate the new AA sector thing. It was unasked for and entirely too fiddly and from your performance, looks like it is crap as well. In all the complaints about carriers over the years, I have never seen a post where someone is asking for something else to fiddle with in combat. Never. Whomever thought this was a good idea is totally clueless and out of touch with the player base as well as the game. If the developers wanted to add something like this, offer a freaking skill that automates it and let the silly computer deal with it and let the players go about the business of maneuvering the ship and firing at the reds. 

I get the whole carrier rework thing, I don't like it but I get it. Putting in an annoying AA mechanic on top of it was just a ridiculously stupid move. Nothing says success like annoying your customers. Git gud Wargaming. 

[HINON]
Members
10,783 posts

I find it works but could use hotkeys to tell it which side to switch to instead of the menu. You need to time the switch so when they fly over that side is reinforced. Afaik the buff does not change until the side switching is complete. So you keep the enhanced aa until it finishes changing to the other side. So with practice and knowing about how quickly the planes will fly over,  you can keep them under enhanced aa.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
549 posts
1,246 battles
13 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I find it works but could use hotkeys to tell it which side to switch to instead of the menu. You need to time the switch so when they fly over that side is reinforced. Afaik the buff does not change until the side switching is complete. So you keep the enhanced aa until it finishes changing to the other side. So with practice and knowing about how quickly the planes will fly over,  you can keep them under enhanced aa.

That's a good tip, thanks- I didn't know that.

[SOV]
Members
2,859 posts
34 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

image.thumb.png.7254e7bd1efeff1e597579ee666372c5.png

This is the result of a match I just had with a full AA build Missouri. Both CVs relentlessly attacked me for nearly the entire game. I was able to do absolutely nothing but retreat for the duration of the game. There is absolutely nothing fun about it. With my full AA build, I was able to shoot down a whopping 20 airplanes out of their magical infinite hangers. Who designed the manual AA sector selection system and thought it was a good idea? Once the red planes go through their attack on you, their planes have flown over to the AA weak side of your ship and by the time you switch sectors, they are already attacking and now once again flying to the other side. This whole system is just bad, but we should at least be able to switch sectors immediately or within 2 seconds. I just don't understand how this was played in testing and enough people thought "this is really fun! We did a great job and our players will love this!"

When I attack a MO I lose every plane.

I have been in t10 planes going after NC and lose every plane.

So I don't understand how you shot down so few.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

The issue is with this selection you strengthen one sector while weaken the other. 

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,532 posts
4,679 battles

sxTiJVx.jpg

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,954 posts

I just had a T10 bot match (sector magicians) and unfortunately for me the bot BBs - all 4 of them - clustered together.  Talk about AA city.  So if you are having AA issues park next to other ships.

Members
549 posts
1,246 battles
16 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

When I attack a MO I lose every plane.

I have been in t10 planes going after NC and lose every plane.

So I don't understand how you shot down so few.

My AA build Monty got wrecked by a Saipan, so I don't know either.

[SOV]
Members
2,859 posts
1 minute ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

My AA build Monty got wrecked by a Saipan, so I don't know either.

I have been playing Sipan and I find it weak. The planes are so limited that one run I get deplaned fast.

I tryed to go after a NC and it was desaster for me.

I guess we just have to keep trying.

Members
3,284 posts
3,574 battles

I don't own one but I feel Saipan lost it's advantage. Up tier planes that can be everywhere at once and the enemy carrier couldn't stop or catch them without well timed strafes. Now it can only be in one place at a time and everyone potentially has the power of those strafes in flak. The easy damage it could see is gone. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,452 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have to admit, I hate the new AA sector thing. It was unasked for and entirely too fiddly and from your performance, looks like it is crap as well. In all the complaints about carriers over the years, I have never seen a post where someone is asking for something else to fiddle with in combat. Never. Whomever thought this was a good idea is totally clueless and out of touch with the player base as well as the game. If the developers wanted to add something like this, offer a freaking skill that automates it and let the silly computer deal with it and let the players go about the business of maneuvering the ship and firing at the reds. 

I get the whole carrier rework thing, I don't like it but I get it. Putting in an annoying AA mechanic on top of it was just a ridiculously stupid move. Nothing says success like annoying your customers. Git gud Wargaming. 

The "sector focus" thing just needs to go entirely -- it's a useless distraction, only there to make players feel like they're doing something.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,452 posts
47 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

sxTiJVx.jpg

That's like the story of my WOWS life over the last few months, culminating in this week.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,372 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

That's like the story of my WOWS life over the last few months, culminating in this week.

You do seem like a prophet Killjoy!  I think those of us who were paying attention saw what was coming. People who hated carriers were glad to see the rework knowing it was a mess. The biggest group was probably the "I will wait and see" crowd and wanted to experience it before commenting yet either couldn't or wouldn't play on the PTS. I think we are hearing from them now.. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,452 posts
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

You do seem like a prophet Killjoy!  I think those of us who were paying attention saw what was coming. People who hated carriers were glad to see the rework knowing it was a mess. The biggest group was probably the "I will wait and see" crowd and wanted to experience it before commenting yet either couldn't or wouldn't play on the PTS. I think we are hearing from them now.. 

The obnoxious ones were those who insisted it would be good despite all evidence to the contrary, and the "wait and see" players who insisted that we had to "wait and see" with them and couldn't draw any conclusions before they did.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,372 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The obnoxious ones were those who insisted it would be good despite all evidence to the contrary, and the "wait and see" players who insisted that we had to "wait and see" with them and couldn't draw any conclusions before they did.

Some people lack vision or critical thinking skills. One only has to do a bit of driving on a typical highway to see that... Many people won't "see" a problem until it is barreling at them at 100 mph and they have little time to react. Many are so blind that they won't see anything until they are run over by a truck.... It is just the nature of people I suppose.