You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

Its easy to complain, but can you prove it?

79 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

so people are running to the forum to complain that the cv rework has "destroyed" the game!
one thing that happens in this forum all the time is "Prove It" so I would love to see proof that CV's are OP now!

and if you are playing a CV, you don't need to prove they are awful, I'm seeing it.

So show me games where the new CV's are controlling the game, I'm sure others would like to see it too

cv1.png

cv2.png

cv3.png

cv4.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,191 battles

That doesn't prove anything other than verify the outcomes from the four battles that you selected.  GG. 

• Boring 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
3 hours ago, MrKilmister said:

That doesn't prove anything other than verify the outcomes from the four battles that you selected.  GG. 

then prove me wrong? replays? screen shots? 

prove to the world that the new CV's are OP and have destroyed the game?

The world is waiting to see proof!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,770 posts
10,986 battles

I am still grappling with being able to hit reliably but my experience over the last two days is that CV's are either middle of the pack or the bottom as your screen shots show.

• Cool 1

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,616 battles

I could be way off base, but I feel like the majority of complaints aren't damage related. Damage is the single largest component of XP in WoWs. The spotting preventing DD's from pushing, leading games to stagnate are the basis of most of the complaints I have seen. That doesn't really show up in XP. 

• Cool 4

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,191 battles
27 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

LOL... That not how this works. Get a grip. 

Edited by MrKilmister
  • Boring 2

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
3 hours ago, MrKilmister said:

LOL... That not how this works. Get a grip. 

right, just complain and have no facts!

Is that how this works?

Because this forum has never accepted that before!

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
26 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

so people are running to the forum to complain that the cv rework has "destroyed" the game!
one thing that happens in this forum all the time is "Prove It" so I would love to see proof that CV's are OP now!

and if you are playing a CV, you don't need to prove they are awful, I'm seeing it.

So show me games where the new CV's are controlling the game, I'm sure others would like to see it too

cv1.png

cv2.png

cv3.png

cv4.png

Right now with less than 48 hours into the rework, it showed people are learning to play CVs with the new controls. Time will tell if they are OP or not, but I believe it will be easier to restrict CVs from become OP in this format than the old one.

2 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

I could be way off base, but I feel like the majority of complaints aren't damage related. Damage is the single largest component of XP in WoWs. The spotting preventing DD's from pushing, leading games to stagnate are the basis of most of the complaints I have seen. That doesn't really show up in XP. 

That was and is a lot of the complaints, but I don't think it is as bad as people are saying. Before, one CV could spot the map and now you need two or three.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,770 posts
10,986 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Right now with less than 48 hours into the rework, it showed people are learning to play CVs with the new controls. Time will tell if they are OP or not, but I believe it will be easier to restrict CVs from become OP in this format than the old one.

That was and is a lot of the complaints, but I don't think it is as bad as people are saying. Before, one CV could spot the map and now you need two or three.

Before, they got to travel for another 30 seconds before they were spotted.

• Funny 1

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,616 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

There used to be only 1 CV, if any, in games. Also, the planes were slower and easier to avoid. Add in RPF and it is far easier to CVs to ensure that a single DD are completely nullified with much in the way of repercussions. From my experience(Could be just me) I spend far more time spotted in CV games now than before the rework. 

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Before, they got to travel for another 30 seconds before they were spotted.

?? Do you mean the delay on take off? I'm sure that is one of the things that is in the tweak consideration. Whether WG does that or not depends on the stats they see, which should be more comprehensive than we see.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,770 posts
10,986 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

?? Do you mean the delay on take off? I'm sure that is one of the things that is in the tweak consideration. Whether WG does that or not depends on the stats they see, which should be more comprehensive than we see.

Yep, I can understand the shock for DD players particularly in the upper tiers where you only saw a CV every five matches or so to having to deal with one or two in every match. As you said we need a lot more information before making changes to account for this.

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,191 battles
8 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

right, just complain and have no facts!

Is that how this works?

Because this forum has never accepted that before!

You claimed to prove something that you self-evidently did not prove. Good luck with that actually proving what you claimed to prove. 

• Boring 1

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles

The economy of a CV has nothing to do with the effect on the game as far as "ruining the game."  Effectively, in the games I have played since the patch, every map has been turned into Ocean.  You know where everything is moving before the match starts, and there is nowhere to hide.  

Example #1:  Playing Shimakaze.  1 minute into the match, the enemy Midway spots me.  I have not charged into a cap, in fact I am about 4km from the edge of the cap, and about 5km from friendly cruisers.  Midway engages with rocket planes, forcing me to smoke after chipping away 35% of my HP.  He immediately recycles planes, and comes back after me.  Spots me again when his squad gets back, and the rain of long range HE fire, BB shells, and rocket attack takes me to about 10% HP within the first couple minutes of the map.  I am effectively dead, now forced to spam torps at max range.  There is no amount of skill points one can spend to make Shima AA do anything to stop this.

Example #2:  Playing Saipan.  Spot the entire enemy fleet within the first 1:30 of the game, all movements are known.  This time the tables are turned.  As there are many fewer DDs in the MM now due to the CV spam, I relentlessly camp the Shima on their team, as there is absolutely nothing he can do to defend himself or stop me.  I perma spot him for my team, hitting him with chip damage when I can, and negate him for the rest of the game.  Did I get a significant amount of XP for the game? No.  I was like 4th from the bottom, as I did land a couple other attacks earlier.  Did I ruin his game?  Completely.  Did I make it terribly unfun for him?  Yes I did.  He may as well have never queued up with a DD.  You could go so far as to say I was griefing him.

Is it an [edited] thing to do?  You bet it is.  Is it what is being encouraged by these changes?  Absolutely.  Does it earn you a lot of xp?  Nope.  Does it help win the game?  Yes.  Will I continue to do this in every game I play CV in the hopes that enough people complain to get something done about it?  You bet.

I am an average player to be nice, I'm around 50.xx% win rate.  I know full well that a CV isn't going to put up big numbers anymore, but that doesn't mean the influence is any less.  You have the ability to completely negate several lines in the tech tree with the shift in the meta this has caused.  Wooster, Mino, please lol.  I can keep you spotted for my team without you being to do anything to defend yourself, as WG has provided me a nice .5km buffer to spot you for someone else to wreck, out of the range of your AA.  The Wooster, Mino, and to an extent DM don't fit the fleet v fleet perma spotted meta, as well as most of the DDs.  Those ships depended on their concealment to be able to be competitive, and the new CV change has stripped that away.

"Oh but perma spotting existed before, so you are wrong."  Unlimited aircraft didn't.  Everyone sailing in a lemming train didn't.  It is braindead easy to have plenty of planes and permaspot these ships, neutering their effectiveness, and making it into a situation where if you aren't in a BB or long range HE spammer, don't bother clicking battle.

There is one super easy change to CVs that WG already knows how to do that will keep the new system that they have in place, and fix these issues.  WG has already partially implemented it.  When a CV spots something, it is only visible to the aircraft.  Not the rest of the fleet.  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,083 battles

The CVs have been stripped of one of their primary functions....

Air-to-Air supremacy....

CV are now offensive air atk platforms.  rather than fighting to clear the skies of enemy planes....it largely ignores other planes in favor of atk other surface ship.

thats where i believe where WG failed with this rework.  Air supremacy now falls in to the hands of the fleets AAs abilities.    

• Cool 1

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
54 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

cv1.png

cv2.png

cv3.png

cv4.png

If you want to throw the burden of proof somewhere, show me where they aren't controlling the game?

• Funny 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
725 posts
4,596 battles
12 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

The CVs have been stripped of one of their primary functions....

Air-to-Air supremacy....

CV are now offensive air atk platforms.  rather than fighting to clear the skies of enemy planes....it largely ignores other planes in favor of atk other surface ship.

thats where i believe where WG failed with this rework.  Air supremacy now falls in to the hands of the fleets AAs abilities.    

I rarely saw any CV, at any tier, do any air to air work. From what I saw air superiority was a distant afterthought for most. I don't think this changed that at all. 

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
3 hours ago, Paul_Revere735 said:

If you want to throw the burden of proof somewhere, show me where they aren't controlling the game?

I'd like to where they are controlling the game? screen shots? replays?
That's the point

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
725 posts
4,596 battles
42 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am still grappling with being able to hit reliably but my experience over the last two days is that CV's are either middle of the pack or the bottom as your screen shots show.

I agree that damage is hard to come by. Maybe that was intentional. I think the act of controlling the planes is far more fun that before but I can see where many are upset because their chosen platform was effectively nerfed. Of course now dds get spotted a lot but personally i've not had trouble with my dd yet. I think this rework will have many secondary effects as everyone is forced to change their playstyle. I really think WG had that in mind the whole time. 

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,083 battles
1 minute ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I rarely saw any CV, at any tier, do any air to air work. From what I saw air superiority was a distant afterthought for most. I don't think this changed that at all. 

i have done so....on my builds i deployed more fighters than i did of torp or dive bombers.  i would send my fighters out first to hunt for planes.  that is totally none existent now.   

[OO7]
Members
4,478 posts
11,039 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

I was good in Saipan before, now its just blatantly OP. You are now completely and utterly disproven.

image.thumb.png.52dac7a7b9b7a2f1956b5faebfcea884.png

• Funny 2

[NWNG]
Members
2,819 posts
4,680 battles
52 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

CV Rework hasn't been live long enough for people to learn the new mechanics. So any information used now, is merely confirmation bias.

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
725 posts
4,596 battles
Just now, Shinnidan said:

i have done so....on my builds i deployed more fighters than i did of torp or dive bombers.  i would send my fighters out first to hunt for planes.  that is totally none existent now.   

I can see that some players, like you , did that, and it definitely sucks for those of you. But I think that play style was in the vast minority. I can understand your point though. 

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,301 battles

CVs are basically useless attack planes. They die too fast to do any damage. So, as the poster above mentioned, it's simply about spotting DDs and keeping them at bay. You can't really do anything else.

You cant really shoot down planes because once the enemy CV sees your fighter in an area it just goes elsewhere.  It's a mess.

[GT99]
Members
572 posts
7,572 battles
6 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

cv1.png

cv2.png

cv3.png

cv4.png

What does that prove? That you got lucky and encountered some crap CV drivers?

Edit: Was it something I said?

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f