You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Amenhir

Please fix CV reversing.

12 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Members
1,394 posts
5,950 battles

"Use the map to plot waypoints."  That's all well and good but if you're attempting to head in the other direction and plot a way point somewhere behind the CV, instead of doing a turn and head in that direction, the cv goes full reverse.  I saw it in a stream and I've seen it first hand.

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,136 battles
48 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

"Use the map to plot waypoints."  That's all well and good but if you're attempting to head in the other direction and plot a way point somewhere behind the CV, instead of doing a turn and head in that direction, the cv goes full reverse.  I saw it in a stream and I've seen it first hand.

If you don't plot the course to turn your ship then it's not going to turn. No different than if you driving using WASD. It's always been this way; to change it now would take away the option to maneuver in reverse. DERP.

Edited by MrKilmister

[DPG]
Members
1,394 posts
5,950 battles
10 minutes ago, MrKilmister said:

If you don't plot the course to turn your ship then it's not going to turn. No different than if you driving using WASD. It's always been this way; to change it now would take away the option to maneuver in reverse. DERP.

Let me rephrase DERP.  I set a way point, NOT DIRECTLY BEHIND THE CV, DERP.  The way point was on the map to the right of the CV but in the opposite direction, DERP.  The CV came to a stop and started reversing, DERP.

Edited by Amenhir

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,136 battles
6 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Let me rephrase DERP.  I set a way point, NOT DIRECTLY BEHIND THE CV, DERP.  The way point was on the map to the right of the CV but in the opposite direction, DERP.  The CV came to a stop and started reversing, DERP.

I can't parse something that makes sense from that sentence other than you plotted a point to your left, AKA, the opposite direction from your right.  DERP

Replay? DERP.

Edited by MrKilmister

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,214 posts
14,270 battles

I wish I could tell my CV when to reverse and when not. It gets confused near islands. A lot.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,283 battles

Hi.

This just happened to me.  In the old map you set a way point and your cv would turn in that direction and sail straight to it.  Now it does not. It just goes backwards, slowly.  Kind of sucks bad when you don't realize that happened.  The autopilot through the map (which is the only way you can control it with planes in the air) is kind of broken.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles

If you do not launch planes you can control the ship using normal function

[DPG]
Members
1,394 posts
5,950 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

If you do not launch planes you can control the ship using normal function

That's what I ended up doing.  I recalled the squadron to make sure I was going in the direction I intended.

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,136 battles
16 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Replays do not show mapping way points.

Right, however, if we could see how your ship moved in the replay compared to your written narrative that could make what you're verbalizing more clear.