You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lesser_

Three Simple hotfix ideas for 0.8.0 that should have already been there.

13 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts

1. Only 1v1 carriers so people can acclimate better.

2. Carrier planes only spot on screen for themselves, and on the minimap for the rest of the team, allowing DDs to breathe.

3. All ships come equipped with heal to deal with plane harassment, especially all DDs.

• Cool 3

Members
686 posts
3,819 battles

4. Fix all or nothing FlaK/DFAA that either tickles or acts like a sky nuke.

The removal of DPS as a measure of AA effectiveness was also stupid. I have no idea if a ship fully spec'd into AA is a good idea or a waste anymore. Now its all a percentage but there is zero indication of how effective the base or upgraded AA will be (previously DPS, now nothing).

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,982 posts
4,596 battles

Dunno if heal for all is the best path, definitely agreed on the first two points.

[-S-R-]
Alpha Tester
804 posts
8,471 battles

Until BBs and CAs AA is decreased and damage of torpedoes and bombs increased there will be zero reasons for CVs to attack anything but DDs

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,629 posts
11,692 battles

4. Hotkeys for AA sectors control

5. Cool down on loading in for carrier aircraft, to let the teams at least start to position and dd's move up on caps. How does a carrier have a full air group immediately ready to go when I'm 2 mins away from having torpedoes up?

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,684 posts
2,642 battles

Heals for all DDs?

Put this to a vote (cruiser drivers only).  Unless it only heals CV damage.

Getting dev struck from a BB after being spotted by a CV may be a little hard to take.

[DBD]
Members
96 posts
8,889 battles

The gun bloom changes just added to the downfall of DDs this patch....so much thrown at us in one patch when the game was fun just two days ago!

Members
702 posts
12,947 battles
6 minutes ago, biggestpotato said:

what about removing the cancer altogether?

amen.

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
27 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Dunno if heal for all is the best path, definitely agreed on the first two points.

Of course I would agree before this patch. But the game is entirely different now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,717 posts
10,984 battles
36 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

1. Only 1v1 carriers so people can acclimate better.

2. Carrier planes only spot on screen for themselves, and on the minimap for the rest of the team, allowing DDs to breathe.

3. All ships come equipped with heal to deal with plane harassment, especially all DDs.

1) The queue being overloaded with ship line X happens every time there is a new line but the queue size usually drops fairly quickly. Putting in a limit before we know the real population of the new ships doing this would just make every match a queue dump with all the strange things that come with that.

2) See the first sentence of my reply to number 1, we have to wait for the numbers to equalize.

3) I said this back in Alpha but obviously not for the reason you state, every ship should have at least one repair.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,982 posts
4,596 battles
13 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Of course I would agree before this patch. But the game is entirely different now.

I want to believe these are just growing pains of the rework and the game will slowly normalize. I hope I'm right, but pretty pessimistic nonetheless.

As for some of the hotfix ideas, while the AA DPS system wasn't the best, you could at least calculate what your ship could do and how to set it up for AA. Now we deal in random things like explosions and no clear view of how exactly the AA values work. This should have been shown to everyone before even the rework.

Edited by warheart1992