You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
trekky920

Fully Refund Premium Carriers, or Don't Offer a Refund

56 comments in this topic

[BBAT]
Members
5 posts
952 battles

One thing WG has been afraid to do repeatedly in the past with WoT and now WoWS is touch how premiums play. Now they've gone and reworked all CVs (and done a botched up job at that) and even went so far as to completely change tiers of certain premium CVs such as the Saipan. People have paid real money for these ships which you have now changed without their consent and in some cases without their knowledge. FULLY refund these ships via doubloons or buy backs should the owners so choose. The pittance you offer is not the full cash value of these ships when they were purchased prior to these changes.

Edited by trekky920
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[BBAT]
Members
5 posts
952 battles
Just now, darkalex said:

you can do it actually

Not for the full value of the ship.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles
Just now, trekky920 said:

it is full value in doubloons, even free exp for main line

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
4 minutes ago, trekky920 said:

One thing WG has been afraid to do repeatedly in the past with WoT and now WoWS is touch how premiums play. Now they've gone and reworked all CVs (and done a botched up job at that) and even went so far as to completely change tiers of certain premium CVs such as the Saipan. People have paid real money for these ships which you have now changed without their consent and in some cases without their knowledge. FULLY refund these ships via doubloons or buy backs should the owners so choose. The pittance you offer is not the full cash value of these ships when they were purchased prior to these changes.

Go to the inventory screen.  You can get full doubloon value for your premium carriers.

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
8 minutes ago, trekky920 said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/cv8-which-nation-to-choose/#exchange-rules

The link above is to the article that came out on Jan 25th outlining the replacement and sell back details. The reason my tech tree CVs have doubloons, is I have perma-camos for them. Regular for each one and Halloween for the two T8s. Any extra XP on CVs goes back to the T1, as you would have had to use doubloons to convert it anyways. 

kvXoWUP.jpg

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

There isn't much for me to add here but to thank those who relayed the information.  Refunds are being done for Doubloons and Free XP with full compensation for impacted CVs.

• Cool 2

[IN3PT]
[IN3PT]
Members
126 posts
16,593 battles
23 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

There isn't much for me to add here but to thank those who relayed the information.  Refunds are being done for Doubloons and Free XP with full compensation for impacted CVs.

WHich without cash refunds for them is an insult

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,784 posts
3,702 battles
1 hour ago, trekky920 said:

Read the EULA, WG reserves the right to change premium vehicles in their games without consent of the players. You DO NOT OWN these vehicles, you're merely buying them on an extended lease to keep the game running.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,599 posts
5,723 battles
10 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Read the EULA, WG reserves the right to change premium vehicles in their games without consent of the players. You DO NOT OWN these vehicles, you're merely buying them on an extended lease to keep the game running.

~Hunter

EULA’s are absolutely meaningless, and do not tend to hold up in court. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,300 battles

I played the Saipan last night and found it utterly useless. However, I'm trying to remain calm that once some data is collected through a major test phase like this AA will be significantly reduced or plane health buffed so attack aircraft can actually perform at a higher level than currently.  

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,728 posts
1 hour ago, trekky920 said:

True that or the Tech Tree CV's   I had researched the Langley   and the   Bogue   decided   CV  play wasn't for me a long time ago and sold them  and don't feel I got all the Exp back mind you I'm glad I got any back.    However......................................:Smile_sad:

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
3,784 posts
3,702 battles
32 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

EULA’s are absolutely meaningless, and do not tend to hold up in court. 

Tell that to 1 or 2 court battles WG probably never lost. You forget one thing, you're not buying something that is yours, you're merely just leasing it. Your money amounts to nothing when the game dies after a long, long time.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,204 posts
5,386 battles
1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

~Hunter

Unless you're in EU which is an entirely separate kettle of fish thanks to EU court rulings, you do own them.

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
1 hour ago, TurboT said:

I played the Saipan last night and found it utterly useless. However, I'm trying to remain calm that once some data is collected through a major test phase like this AA will be significantly reduced or plane health buffed so attack aircraft can actually perform at a higher level than currently.  

In a couple of games last night the damage being handed out by the carriers was pitiful. They would have been better off ramming or hurling insults. And when you have carriers consistently being bottom and next to bottom on the score card........something aint right.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,477 posts
10,582 battles
12 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

In a couple of games last night the damage being handed out by the carriers was pitiful. They would have been better off ramming or hurling insults. And when you have carriers consistently being bottom and next to bottom on the score card........something aint right.

I think that at high tiers the CVs are struggling, but at lower tiers they are doing quite well....my limited feeling from playing and reading forum posts. 

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
27 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

I think that at high tiers the CVs are struggling, but at lower tiers they are doing quite well....my limited feeling from playing and reading forum posts. 

Could be. My observations were based on some games at T7. I guess the important thing to consider is lack of familiarity with the new system, or is something broken that is causing the sense of imbalance.

Members
4,470 posts
7,220 battles
59 minutes ago, thegreenbaron said:

Unless you're in EU which is an entirely separate kettle of fish thanks to EU court rulings, you do own them.

Going to be interesting how the company can give you pixels for ships if they shut down...  Yea - you don't really own them in actual reality.

• Cool 1

234 posts
135 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Regular for each one and Halloween for the two T8s. Any extra XP on CVs goes back to the T1, as you would have had to use doubloons to convert it anyways.  

You still have the Gorgon and Nobilium camos? I had both before the rework but are now MIA (seem to have been replaced with the standard perma camo)

[KERN]
1,204 posts
5,386 battles
10 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Going to be interesting how the company can give you pixels for ships if they shut down...  Yea - you don't really own them in actual reality.

Yes, but legally owning something is, again, a whole nother balls game.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,477 posts
10,582 battles
10 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

yeah gotta be along the lines of a record...yes you own the record, but you don't own the song.

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
355 posts
7,940 battles
2 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

~Hunter

Yes, this change was implemented mid 2018.  So, does that constitute "theft" of premium ships bought before the change by changing the ownership status? 

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
14 minutes ago, Magnus_Lux said:

You still have the Gorgon and Nobilium camos? I had both before the rework but are now MIA (seem to have been replaced with the standard perma camo)

I had the regular perma-camo and the Halloween before the rework. I would submit a tkt if you lost them, since WoWs is valuing them at 5k doubloons each.

[PNG]
Members
4,565 posts
11,981 battles
4 hours ago, Radar_X said:

And thanks to that I now have enough Free XP for the Alaska when it comes out.

[KERN]
1,204 posts
5,386 battles
15 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Yes, this change was implemented mid 2018.  So, does that constitute "theft" of premium ships bought before the change by changing the ownership status? 

US EULA doesn't apply in EU