Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Why can’t CV to DD spotting coincides with purposed RADAR change

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,002 posts
2,457 battles

Make it when a CV spots a DD they are only shown on the map not ingame. Then make a concealment buffer with spotting. So lets say if a CV spots a DD and that DD is within a certain range of the closest enemy ship, that enemy ship can see it ingame. I think this would be an easy fix.

i say that because the big problem with DDs now is that CVs can spot them for the entire enemy team. Hence DDs are dodging CV attacks and 4+ ships trying to kill them also. This way DDs will only need to worry about dodging plane hits and the enemy team will just know their “last known position” on map.

thought?

[RNJR]
Members
271 posts
4,626 battles
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Make it when a CV spots a DD they are only shown on the map not ingame. Then make a concealment buffer with spotting. So lets say if a CV spots a DD and that DD is within a certain range of the closest enemy ship, that enemy ship can see it ingame. I think this would be an easy fix.

i say that because the big problem with DDs now is that CVs can spot them for the entire enemy team. Hence DDs are dodging CV attacks and 4+ ships trying to kill them also. This way DDs will only need to worry about dodging plane hits and the enemy team will just know their “last known position” on map.

thought?

Cvs have always been able to spot theoretically an entire team's wor5h of DDs. Now its only one squadron and so its much less punishing. One DD will be focus but the others will make it to the objective. Keep sailing fellow DD.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,002 posts
2,457 battles
Just now, Swift_Scythe said:

Cvs have always been able to spot theoretically an entire team's wor5h of DDs. Now its only one squadron and so its much less punishing. One DD will be focus but the others will make it to the objective. Keep sailing fellow DD.

Thats the problem when you have 2 or even 3 CVs per side. Have you seen how fast planes can make it to middle of map when game starts? DDs will still be sailing to first cap point when spotted, then all ships open up on them. DDs should not be spotted ingame, but instead on the minimap, unless concealment range has been broken.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,996 posts
4,596 battles
5 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

This is correct, yet the main issue is the duration of each attack run. For a squadron to finish all it's attacks some time is needed. At that point you are still spotted.

The DD then has to focus both on dodging planes and artillery fire. 

The 2, sometimes 3 CVs worsen this issue.

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLF6]
Members
877 posts
3,428 battles

Hey Legio!

Yeah not a bad idea. I think though that it's too early to tell. Players are going to learn to preempt inc spotting aircraft be they in carriers or AA heavy cruisers or even destroyers. The enemy team also might get an inkling into where the DD is headed though are damaging shots going to land? The aircraft will get blasted if they try an attack run. Maybe its meant to be one of the new intended strengths of carriers. Initial spotting yes but not really sustained.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,002 posts
2,457 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

Hey Legio!

Yeah not a bad idea. I think though that it's too early to tell. Players are going to learn to preempt inc spotting aircraft be they in carriers or AA heavy cruisers or even destroyers. The enemy team also might get an inkling into where the DD is headed though are damaging shots going to land? The aircraft will get blasted if they try an attack run. Maybe its meant to be one of the new intended strengths of carriers. Initial spotting yes but not really sustained.

But the problem is like what Warhear1992 said. To create damage on DD's, CV planes will make 1-3 strike runs all the while spotting the DD. This is not a short time spot than a disappearance in the game. These CV players will hover over a DD with rocket planes until their attacks run out (Hits F). During this time DDs can be spotted for a considerable amount of time. Which translates into CV attacks and half of the enemy team trying to kill you.  

[NMKJT]
Members
3,701 posts

I think it is a short term solution. Players will be experts at shooting the reticule on the minimap in short order.

I am wondering if a rethink of smoke is a better tack. Release a puff like a squid does to break contact, but not one that lasts minutes

[WOLFC]
Members
1,002 posts
2,457 battles

I just think the main problem is this...

1. CV spots DD

2. DD has to deal with CV rockets

3. DD is spotted by entire enemy team and has to deal with CV planes and incoming rounds

4. So much incoming fire, RNG will hit something, hence DD either dead or health almost gone

Have CVs spot DDs like they have it right now, but change it to where enemy team cannot see them in game while sailing. Only a "last known pos" indicator on minimap. If anything, it will give DDs a chance to get to safety without the entire fleet trying to destroy them. 

Edited by Legio_X_

Sign in to follow this