You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Check Upgrade Slots 3 & 6 (AA ships) - They are empty

5 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,414 posts
14,800 battles

With 8.0 and the change to AA WG changed AAGM2 (slot 3)  and AAGM3 (slot 6). There is now an AAGM1 for slot 3 (adds extra flak bursts @ 500K credits) and AAGM2 moves to slot 6 (increases damage @ 3 Million credits).

These modules if you had them mounted were removed with the update and placed in inventory. Your AAGM2 modules have become slot 6 modules however and those AAGM3 modules were replaced with AAGM1 modules. 

Honestly I hadn't paid much attention to this during the whole debate raging over the CV rework. So much just general stuff I hated that I never really thought about or paid attention to the modules. I do NOT like this. AAGM2 was the main module at slot 3 for AA builds and occasionally you would also add AAGM3. Having the most useful one in slot 3 allowed for a lot of ship flexibility. Now the best AA module is in slot 6, while the AA module for slot 3 sucks, and that means giving up modules that are needed badly such as MBM3 or say APRM2 for high tier US BB.

This is another case of this rework being badly thought out and botched. My entire US Cruiser line T6+ ( have all on both sides + all premiums) just took a massive hit as did my US BB's T7+ as well as assorted ships of other nations (lots of BRN CL and BB). 

So aggravated. Had like 50+ ships to reconfigure and frankly as I always went AA builds where the ships were good at it I just had no idea what else to do. Very frustrating. Bad enough the Capt's took a hit but I thought the modules would stay the same overall (I know they had to be changed to account for AA changes but I mean most useful in 3 and the full blown crazy build one for 6) and just be renamed. Nope they were changed and swapped around as far as usefulness goes (IMO).

More and more this rework sucks!:Smile-angry:

So go through your ships and check the upgrade slots. Lots of empty slots for me. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles

I'm going through all my ships and Cmdrs. I'm checking the ships to note in my spreadsheet, which ones now have a blank upgrade spot. I'm also swapping out upgrades or just dismounting them to buy a different one later. I'm checking my Cmdrs to respec any that need changes and to look at my list of planned skills to change those as needed.

I started over an hour ago and I am up to T6 IJN. This is going to take a LONG time.  :Smile_ohmy:

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

just checked, and all of my upgrade slots are empty.

that may or may not have something to do with the fact that i went through yesterday and removed all upgrades along with resetting all commanders.

gotta take advantage where you can. :cap_like: never know what i'm going to want to run next time i take half of my ships out, what with the game changing so drastically.

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightShamalan said:

just checked, and all of my upgrade slots are empty.

that may or may not have something to do with the fact that i went through yesterday and removed all upgrades along with resetting all commanders.

gotta take advantage where you can. :cap_like: never know what i'm going to want to run next time i take half of my ships out, what with the game changing so drastically.

I'm leaving the low tier ships pretty much as they are. I'm noting the ones with blank spots or where I make a blank spot by swapping out. I spent my credits on Alsace, Ibuki and Fletcher to take advantage of getting 50% off doubloons, move Cmdrs and get 3 last Steel snowflakes, so I will take a while to buy stuff back.

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

Oh that's where they all went!

(so now I've got 50-something slot 6 AA mods I can sell for 1.5mil each)

Edited by grumpymunky