Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vestroia

OMG BRITISH CVs at higher tier can carpet bomb !!!

12 comments in this topic

[SRM]
Members
13 posts
1,450 battles

This is a cool concept !!!!, lol imagine the memes this will produce.  They are currently being tested right now

bitish cvs.jpg

Edited by vestroia

Members
490 posts

I expect this is what the IJN  called level bombing. They used it at Pearl Harbor, used Kates with bombs rather than carrying torpedoes. 

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
3,024 posts
2,453 battles
4 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I expect this is what the IJN  called level bombing. They used it at Pearl Harbor, used Kates with bombs rather than carrying torpedoes. 

With AP bomb converted from old 16" AP shells.  Against moored ships not underway.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles

From what I saw of Flamu's stream today, they produce a bombing pattern that is elliptical in the fore-aft axis. Attacking across-ship is likely to waste your bombs. Attacking a ship that doesn't have mutual support from dead ahead or dead astern seems likely to minimise losses from lateralised AA fire and deliver the greatest number and probability of hits.

The torpedoes have a pattern which, as you close in, goes from diverging to straight to a quite marked convergence.

I did not see enough of the rockets, and only for the premium CV. Flamu was getting a lot of fires with those, including double fires, but this appears to be essential as the premium carrier lacks torpedo bombers. Fire DOT seems to be its "thing". The premium bombers are Sea Hornets - twin engined and VERY fast.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
3,998 posts
2,408 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

From what I saw of Flamu's stream today....

I watched the stream as well.  The RN CVs look interesting. At the moment they are probably too strong with both fire and flooding chance. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

I watched the stream as well.  The RN CVs look interesting. At the moment they are probably too strong with both fire and flooding chance. 

Perhaps, but remember that on Flamu's stream we are seeing them in the hands of a professional unicum. I know that not all supertesters are as good as he is, so I hope they take everything into account when determining adjustments.

[WOLF6]
Members
877 posts
3,428 battles

They did mention in a dev blog about a month ago this was going to be a feature. I saw an Audacious being tested in a game earlier but didn't get attacked.

What's everyone's favourite Finnish Flamu pronunciation? Mine is 'Shimakaaaaaaaaza'.

Edited by Sumseaman

[NWNG]
Members
2,820 posts
4,680 battles
2 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Because their AP Bombs were converted from 16" shells, which were too heavy to be used on Dive Bombers, and Kates weren't built for dive bombing, and it was used against ships in harbor, not actively maneuvering. What is baffling, is that they give IJN AP Bombs for their dive bombers, despite the fact that the converted 16" shells were the lightest their AP bombs got...

[CWGC]
Members
819 posts
2,607 battles

watched Flamu play the t8 RN CV and omg the "carpet bombing" was hilarious, total decimation

Sign in to follow this