Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
misanthrope0

DD's need a Captain Skills and Consumables Rework

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
910 posts
6,170 battles

The only DD's I found as tolerable in the new environment are high tier American ones running module, and flag AA buffs along with the Defensive Fire Consumable but I also had to rework my Captain Skills to give up a hybrid build for torp use. So I'm know forced to run 3 Tier4 Captain skills,  AFT, MFC and CE to have a really viable build in this CV environment. But what if you a Brit or Jap gunboat and need IFHE as well for a viable build and don't get DF consumable?  Your really between a rock and a hard place.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,380 posts
3,052 battles

Your a beta tester... so how would you fix it? What crew skills or consumables would you add to make British and Japanese DDs relevant? Dont come here to complain, come to make improvements

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
910 posts
6,170 battles

I'm not sure adding new skills is something  WG would even consider but they could redo the tiering of the skills DD's need most now to get more out of their 19 points. Also the DF consumable should be an option across the board for all Nations to pick for use.

Members
183 posts
5,020 battles

You mean a DD has to choose between good AA and good every [edited]thing else? Oh my God, how will you survi.......wait, that makes them just like everything else. Holy crap, how will you survive?!?! Seriously though, you SHOULD have to make that choice. Every ship should. No one should get to shoot down tons of planes AND still have their broken abilities. As far as I'm concerned, everything is as it should be. You wanna shoot planes, you have to give up high damage from your guns. I'd say the same about battleships, but they've had to make choices like this since way before the rework. I'm perfectly happy to see DDs and cruisers have to give something up for once. 

[IN3PT]
[IN3PT]
Members
126 posts
16,593 battles

At this point EVERY DD at the bare minimum needs Def AA and not as an option but in it's own slot. Even than thats not enough to combat the CV's currently 

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
910 posts
6,170 battles
16 minutes ago, Trowa03 said:

You mean a DD has to choose between good AA and good every [edited]thing else? Oh my God, how will you survi.......wait, that makes them just like everything else. Holy crap, how will you survive?!?! Seriously though, you SHOULD have to make that choice. Every ship should. No one should get to shoot down tons of planes AND still have their broken abilities. As far as I'm concerned, everything is as it should be. You wanna shoot planes, you have to give up high damage from your guns. I'd say the same about battleships, but they've had to make choices like this since way before the rework. I'm perfectly happy to see DDs and cruisers have to give something up for once. 

You haven't played much in DD's and mostly low tiers and no CV's except one battle so your in position to nearly know jack all at this point. No DD is shooting down tons of planes. An American DD using just the DF consumable and not particularly specced for AA was way more effective before this patch. Now were talking minimun to be effective and you have to give up everything else just to wring out any effectiveness and be totally AA specced which means nom American DD's are really up the creek without a paddle.

Sign in to follow this