Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Guiding Dive Bombers

4 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,750 posts
28,599 battles

Simple question: how do you control angle of attack for dive bombers after starting run?  IOW you realize you need to drop slightly ahead or behind of where you started reticle and you need to adjust aim. I can adjust side to side ok. 

[O_O]
Members
5,099 posts
11,441 battles

Your angle of attack is set by your reticle as you are navigating.  Once you left click to attack, your angle of attack is based on where you reticle was before you clicked.

So, before you left click, make sure your navigation reticle is leading your target properly.  If you don't lead enough, as you begin your dive you will find you are dropping behind your target and there is nothing you can do to adjust your dive.

The longer you hold your dive, the narrower your drop pattern becomes, and I believe the more penetration your drop will have (I have gotten more citadels on BB's with longer dives, and almost none on shallow dives, FWIW).

The same navigation lead before target clicking also pertains to rocket attacks and torpedo attacks, but to a lesser degree.

*The preceding pro CV tip was brought to you by a CV newbie, with about 10 Co-op games in CV's since 0.8.0 dropped.

Edited by desmo_2

[POP]
Members
308 posts
5,189 battles

Angle of attack is not controllable on dive bombers.  You have to guess the path of the ship and place the reticle where you think the ship will be when you complete your run.  You can move slightly forward and turn it a bit but for the most part where that reticle is when you start your run is where you will drop your bombs.  Yes this is completely different than both torpedo and rocket planes.  I suggest practicing it in co-op.  The bots are better at traveling in a straight line and the sips (primairly their aa) are stock.  

[-GPS-]
Members
2,750 posts
28,599 battles

Thanks guys. I would swear that a YouTuber was adjusting bombs fire and aft after first right click but must’ve been wrong. Some of his drops were very steep and others almost at the side of a ship, but he didn’t say how.

You can adjust the side to side with A and D keys or mouse. Not much but some. 

ETA: seems like the W and S Keys can control fore and aft a bit. I was able to hit a BB almost from the side by speeding up and waiting (because I started drop too early). 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Sign in to follow this