You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bianchi4Me

Surprisingly, CV player population vanishing from Co-op.

16 comments in this topic

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles

Yesterday we had a bit of controversy due to most co-op games featuring two player CVs, offset by two bot BBs on the red team.  (My Mushashi says "Thank YOU, WG!" by the way.)  I was advised WG reverted back to one CV per game for today.  I was really expecting to see nearly every game with a CV in it, since most had two yesterday, and maybe a que for CV players and lots of green bots in games as a result, BUT, the opposite is true. CV players are quite rare today.  Only had a CV in two of my first 10 matches, which really surprised me.  Where is everybody? 

Maybe after getting some in-game chat abuse thrown on them for not being "instant experts" on day one, CV players have retreated to the training room for a bit of tuning-up?  Or perhaps was a single day enough for them to decide this isn't working currently?  Anyway, not sure how things look in Random Battles numbers-wise, maybe all is well there.  If not, I'm curious how they are going to get their "live server balance testing" info with so few people playing them. 

Edited by Bianchi4Me

[KSE]
Beta Testers
386 posts
12,894 battles

Abuse in  co-op..... I thought that didn;t happen. It is supposed to be a safe space for snowflakes. 

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[CIAO]
Members
101 posts
12,057 battles

For me it was called "I literally can't afford to keep training while losing this much money".  Even with all the economic signals up.

• Cool 1

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

Get acquainted with the controls and/or finish snowflake mission.

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles
Just now, Hyperion728 said:

For me it was called "I literally can't afford to keep training while losing this much money".  Even with all the economic signals up.

I had not considered that aspect.  Silver is tight in co-op for sure, even when you are dishing out the damage.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,910 posts
4,186 battles
1 minute ago, Compassghost said:

Yep, everyone is now used to it enough to play in randoms. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,435 posts
14,943 battles
6 minutes ago, Bianchi4Me said:

Yesterday we had a bit of controversy due to most co-op games featuring two player CVs, offset by two bot BBs on the red team.  (My Mushashi says "Thank YOU, WG!" by the way.)  I was advised WG reverted back to one CV per game for today.  I was really expecting to see nearly every game with a CV in it, since most had two yesterday, and maybe a que for CV players and lots of green bots in games as a result, BUT, the opposite is true. CV players are quite rare today.  Only had a CV in two of my first 10 matches, which really surprised me.  Where is everybody? 

Maybe after getting some in-game chat abuse thrown on them for not being "instant experts" on day one, CV players have retreated to the training room for a bit of tuning-up?  Or perhaps was a single day enough for them to decide this isn't working currently?  Anyway, not sure how things look in Random Battles numbers-wise, maybe all is well there.  If not, I'm curious how they are going to get their "live server balance testing" info with so few people playing them. 

I have had multiple 2 CV games in Co-op today. Just had one maybe an hour ago so if this change was implemented it was just a very short time ago.

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles
2 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Yeah, I was kinda curious how the numbers were looking in Random.  So you think a lot of folks have moved back over there after slumming in co-op yesterday?  :Smile_hiding:

[A-I-M]
Members
1,691 posts
9,093 battles
3 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

finish snowflake mission.

^^^^This. The refreshing of the carrier snowflakes brought in plenty. I farmed 700 steel last night

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have had multiple 2 CV games in Co-op today. Just had one maybe an hour ago so if this change was implemented it was just a very short time ago.

I was playing this morning and was told in chat they had reverted it to one per.   Maybe CV player numbers are up now  (CV players are all on the west coast?), or maybe they are just tweaking things dynamically depending on the cue. 

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles

I know I was spamming CV games in co-op to finish the surprise snowflakes. The T6 & T8 tech tree CVs got double coal this patch. My Saipan and Kaga got to do 1,050 coal and 210 Steel, so that was awesome.

[ADR]
Members
880 posts
6,416 battles

I know a number of EU main players who have a alt account on NA, was also playing cv's on NA since we got the patch a day earlier. Now the patch is on EU as well and they went back to their main account on EU.

[DRACS]
Members
4,439 posts

My personal beef with co-op is that the enemy team never has CVs. I play Co-Op to learn new mechanics so I don't suck in PVP. But what's the point of testing AA if none of the bots have planes?

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
41 minutes ago, Hyperion728 said:

Yes Co-Op is brutal on the Credits, and we have no idea if you are having to pay for each plane you lose or something either. So it’s one thing to bite the bullet and use Co-Op to collect the snowflakes for Steel, but another thing entirely to try and do a lot of training on higher tiered ships in Co-Op.

Particularly when some of the bots can prove themselves to be smarter opponents than a few of the humans in Randoms. So makes more sense to do the bulk of the training in Randoms and get paid for doing it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,770 posts
10,986 battles
2 hours ago, Bianchi4Me said:

Yeah, I was kinda curious how the numbers were looking in Random.  So you think a lot of folks have moved back over there after slumming in co-op yesterday?  :Smile_hiding:

I played a few CV matches just after noon central and the queue numbers for CV are definitely down but not by a lot. give it a few more days as we should be seeing more reasonable levels.

[JSOC]
Members
43 posts
9,815 battles
1 hour ago, KaptainKaybe said:

My personal beef with co-op is that the enemy team never has CVs. I play Co-Op to learn new mechanics so I don't suck in PVP. But what's the point of testing AA if none of the bots have planes?

Be patient. They're working on the AI so bots can play the CV's