Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murasame92

8.0 Patch has possibly made the game unplayable.

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

72
[WOLF9]
Members
101 posts

As the title says I cant help but join the community in an outcry of the new CV patch. 

To me i think its just as we feared That WG pushed this out wayyyyy too early and fast. I really dont understand why they have made Cvs  have unlimited planes. Its not fair and unrealistic to me. The overhaul of carriers was out too soon i feel like. But its funny cause its super easy to down planes in ships. But at the same time AA is pretty lame. Its like a double edge sword for both ship players and cv players because on one hand, planes are easy to shoot out of the sky. But on the other hand they have unlimited planes and ive begun to notice that the CV players (ones i have faced anyway) just keep spamming torp planes over and over and over and over until they hit you numerous times to sink you. 

Planes are not a problem but since there are so many of them AA in turn becomes useless as there are a lot of planes in the sky one torp or rocket will hit you eventually. I shot down 28 planes the most i have ever shot down and i still sink by the CV player cause he targeted me all game and eventually got me xD Was in a Hindenburg lol 

I think this game has become a bit broken. DDs are spotted often, CVs dont care about their planes and spam, while all other ships are going in circles trying to dodge the planes lol its quite the [edited] lol and kinda funny to be in. 

All i know is the game was fine in the past. But now? sheesh. or should i say it in internet terms................oof............. 

All in All give a limit to planes. Unlimted planes are pretty dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
970
[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,405 posts
3,058 battles
4 minutes ago, Murasame92 said:

All in All give a limit to planes. Unlimted planes are pretty dumb. 

Deplaning was one of the worst parts of CVs, because noobs would just quit the game and be useless. 

 

Instead there should be a wait timer. As of now you can just yolo planes and send another squad up right after... there needs to be punishment for poor play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
11 minutes ago, Murasame92 said:

As the title says I cant help but join the community in an outcry of the new CV patch. 

To me i think its just as we feared That WG pushed this out wayyyyy too early and fast. I really dont understand why they have made Cvs  have unlimited planes. Its not fair and unrealistic to me. The overhaul of carriers was out too soon i feel like. But its funny cause its super easy to down planes in ships. But at the same time AA is pretty lame. Its like a double edge sword for both ship players and cv players because on one hand, planes are easy to shoot out of the sky. But on the other hand they have unlimited planes and ive begun to notice that the CV players (ones i have faced anyway) just keep spamming torp planes over and over and over and over until they hit you numerous times to sink you. 

Planes are not a problem but since there are so many of them AA in turn becomes useless as there are a lot of planes in the sky one torp or rocket will hit you eventually. I shot down 28 planes the most i have ever shot down and i still sink by the CV player cause he targeted me all game and eventually got me xD Was in a Hindenburg lol 

I think this game has become a bit broken. DDs are spotted often, CVs dont care about their planes and spam, while all other ships are going in circles trying to dodge the planes lol its quite the s h i t s h o w lol and kinda funny to be in. 

All i know is the game was fine in the past. But now? sheesh. or should i say it in internet terms................oof............. 

All in All give a limit to planes. Unlimted planes are pretty dumb. 

Its already been proven that CV's HAVE a limit to the number of planes they can regenerate in a match.  Actually under this system its possible to deplane a CV of its primary attack type for an extended period of time,  something that COULDN'T be done before.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,804
Members
22,816 posts
5,796 battles
9 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Deplaning was one of the worst parts of CVs, because noobs would just quit the game and be useless. 

 

Instead there should be a wait timer. As of now you can just yolo planes and send another squad up right after... there needs to be punishment for poor play

I think what needs to be done is disabling F key when you're being shot at.

As far as YOLOing planes, you can only do that so many times before you're either twiddling your thumbs, or launching incomplete squadrons that are that much less likely to survive long enough to drop.

They don't need to add a separate timer, just play with the existing replenishment timer. That dictates how often you can throw planes away if you actually want to do something besides just flying around avoiding everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[SS238]
Members
219 posts
26,551 battles

The spotting changes have really been the most upsetting part of this patch. Planes have vastly increased spotting abilities and are keeping the entire map under observation. This has turned PVP into a totally boring camp/snipe fest. In PVE, the red team is revealed in the first minute of play, and it simply comes down to shoot - run- shoot -run until you can steamroll the rest of the red team.

Overall - this has been a terrible patch. My clan is composed of mostly older players, many of us retired. Last week we had people on most the day, with one or two dropping out as one or two dropped in. Today - it's dead. We all have better things to do. Wargaming, please take note. We represent a lot of disposable income, and many of our members have large stables of premium ships. If we don't play, we don't spend. And your paycheck dries up. You really need to rethink this entire mess and fix it - FAST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,503
[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,175 battles

there isn't an unlimited supply of planes, because there isn't unlimited time in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,452 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 3:15 PM, mushmouthmorton said:

Planes have vastly increased spotting abilities and are keeping the entire map under observation.

This is demonstrably false.  How can one squadron keep the entire map under observation?  They dont have a 20km spotting range, lol. As opposed to before when CVs could send multiple squadrons to different locations....

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,353
[INTEL]
Members
10,055 posts
28,229 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 4:38 AM, Murasame92 said:

All in All give a limit to planes. Unlimted planes are pretty dumb. 

Planes are technically unlimited, but functionally limited. You can be effectively deplaned. 

But generally, as long as there is a CV in the game, game play is degraded, which is probably what you are referring to. By putting more CVs in matches, WG screwed the playerbase. Played 5 games today, four with CVs, in each case we got the crapper CV and lost. The CV skill disparity is worse than before, if anything. Tired of that trash being in the game with people actually fighting to win.

The CV's ability to spot everyone means the only viable strategy is clumping, and flowing movement becomes more difficult, as if things weren't already bad with the choked maps and radar disparities (loaded into one match, other team had 3 radars, we had none. Insta-loss). 

Hopefully people will quit playing CVs. The incredible selfishness of some of these guys -- "I think I will load into a game with my 33% Lexington that does 17K average damage" amazes me. How could you do that to others?

  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×