Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S842

Better balance needed between AA and CV's

5 comments in this topic

Members
209 posts
18,100 battles

I don't know what was "fixed" in this latest release, but I know that ships that used to have very good AA can't stop repeated attacks by planes now - not with AFT, Def AA, November Echo signal all combined.  Example, my Dom Donskoi could previously pretty easily protect itself and any close teammate.  Just got out of a battel where I used Def AA three times, reinforced the side attacked and shot down 9 planes in a number of planes attacks.  Under similar circumstances before this week's release I likely would have shot down 25.  Nearly every battle, I receive most damage from planes, or am sunk by them.  I have had similar results with other ships of mine with a (previously) good AA set up.

AA and CV's do not seem to be balanced in this release.  Perhaps one minor way to help would be to go back to Control/Click on planes with no delay in application, and would also not leave one side with weakened AA.  Also, the new system of strengthening one side takes more time to apply, and is a greater distraction when in battle with ships at the same time.  However, it is accomplished, the balance between CV plane attacks and AA needs to be improved.

[DONKY]
[DONKY]
Members
20 posts

Frankly I have to agree with this post, part of the issue is that at tiers we have multiple CV's since the rework but my DM didn't stand a chance when before I could swat the flies away.  This is just another way to WG to loose players like they've been losing in WOT.

[RLGN]
Members
10,391 posts
19,675 battles
7 minutes ago, Breaking__Wind said:

Frankly I have to agree with this post, part of the issue is that at tiers we have multiple CV's since the rework but my DM didn't stand a chance when before I could swat the flies away.  This is just another way to WG to loose players like they've been losing in WOT.

More likely losing players in Tanks because there’s no way for new players to live long enough to learn the game; what with maxed crew skills players running around farming them for stats.

[460MM]
Beta Testers
31 posts
4,095 battles

AA values across the board are having issues. Ships that used to have respectable AA are having issues shooting down planes, while ships that used to be considered 'food' for CV's are able to swat planes from the sky. 

Add into the fact that RNG can play a factor in medium and long range guns and you have an issue where everyone is getting frustrated.

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

I can't help but assume the OP hasn't played a CV after this rework.  AA is to powerful atm.  But I do agree that certain ships that should be strong against planes aren't anymore, something is off.  I also hate the AA sectors mechanic, it is just trash. 

Sign in to follow this