Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
4,277 battles

Hello Folks,

I just played the past two games and was exposed to RADAR/SONAR again for at least 5 minutes, because it seems WG's has allowed almost every ship to have RADAR/SONAR.  It is ridiculous attempting to play in a Destroyer now days. The new update for CV's has made spotting significantly higher in any game with a CV.  Then add on top of that there is no relief from RADAR/SONAR for a Destroyer.  The RADAR/SONAR goes from almost 13KM down to 5KM, through mountains across seas, making the Destroyer as visible as if it is sitting right next to you on the map. 

The Destroyer role is to scout and spot, smoke and assist allies, and of course take territory by capping and warding off the enemy by area denial.  The Destroyer has the least HP and can be killed rather quickly, by one torpedo or direct fire from the least gun in the fleet.  The limited defense a Destroyer has is speed and 'smoke'.  The smoke is obsolete with all the RADAR/SONAR around.  So that leaves them with speed only to attempt to survive to fight another battle in the same round.

The Cruiser has speed, fire power, anti-aircraft fire and RADAR/SONAR. Most ship drivers would think twice before directly attacking a Cruiser.  The Battleship has a strong armor, long range fire power, anti-aircraft fire and shells that can take out some ships with one salvo, not to mention extra heals.  Again, most ship drivers would think twice before directly attacking a Battleship.

The Destroyer is the weakest ship on the map and providing no means of 'hiding' these ships only makes them cannon fodder.  WG's might as well remove the smoke module, oh, but maybe not, because it sure helps the Cruisers and Battleships...

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,391 posts
3,052 battles

Found the DD main:Smile-_tongue:

I see your pretty new to the forums. Be sure to check out the new changes to radar that are a WIP (work in progress). Basically you have 6 seconds where only the radaring ship can see you. It's not easy to stay completley unspotted in a DD, but there has to be a way to separate the strong from the weak

[NMKJT]
Members
3,701 posts
12 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I see your pretty new to the forums. Be sure to check out the new changes to radar that are a WIP (work in progress). Basically you have 6 seconds where only the radaring ship can see you. It's not easy to stay completley unspotted in a DD, but there has to be a way to separate the strong from the weak

Permaspotting is a problem right now.

That being said, smoke is best used to break contact. We can do without sitting in a smoke cloud pew pewing without a care

And why are you pushing forward without knowing where radar is?

Members
10 posts
4,277 battles

I saw the WIP about the 6 seconds for the RADARing ship. The way I understood it, the RADAR would show the ship in the mini map for all personnel and then the ship being RADARed would have 6 seconds to maneuver before ALL ships could actually spot him/her.  

I still believe way more can be done to reduce RADAR/SONAR effects in the game.

Beta Testers
101 posts
30 minutes ago, SHAEFIKE said:

I still believe way more can be done to reduce RADAR/SONAR effects in the game.

Let me translate.

I still believe way more can be done to NERF RADAR/SONAR effects in the game. So I can one shot noob again and never die.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

arguably a buff for radar. 

Sign in to follow this