You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
darkalex

HMS Hood is much worse than before

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles

the change on HMS hood are following:

Increased the sigma parameter from 1.8 to 1.9
AP fuse delay was increased from 0.015 to 0.033 seconds
and additional two global change

concealment:13.5=>14.13

gimmicky rocket AA became normal long range 

0.1 sigma buff is a nice thing to have but the effect is hardly noticeable. especially if you are running a full AA build.

The AP fuse change is the problem. Suppose long fuse can let the Hood land more citidal hits on battleships, but due to lack of penetration of these guns, they will still shatter on the broadside of every tier 7+ battleship and some tier 6 battleships beyond 10km. Before the update, we can still do damage when aiming upper part of a battleship and do consistent penetration damage, not mentioning easy hits on cruisers, however, with the long fuse the same damaging shoot became overpens, in my experience my damage per salvo in the Hood dropped almost by half.

I think WG should just give the Hood promised 2.0 sigma or buff its penetration to Vanguard or at least Nelson level, otherwise this "buff" only makes the game experience of the Hood even worse

• Cool 3

[KNTI2]
Members
885 posts
6,042 battles

TBH the AA nerf was the worst.

AP fuze time is okay if you aim for the edge of deck on broadside. Not great though. Was a straight nerf to an already challenging ship.

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles

Let me just borrow this old penetrations chart. The only tier7 bb that has worse penetration than the Hood is the Scharnhorst's 283mm. they really don't have any chance to penetrate the average 380mm citidal armor of tier 7 ships. all the other ships within this penetration range have that powerful British HE to compensate which the Hood doesn't have.

T7bbpen.thumb.png.09be0fbb0f2c3b98dfcd980753ebfdb2.png

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles
Just now, NATOMarksman said:

TBH the AA nerf was the worst.

AP fuze time is okay if you aim for the edge of deck on broadside. Not great though. Was a straight nerf to an already challenging ship.

in my experience, the AA is still "ok" that I can manage 15-20 plane kills per battle with a full AA commander, flags and module but certainly not as powerful.....

inb4 you could do the same but it now overpens a lot....

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,050 posts

So now it't the Prinz Eitel von HOOD. Yup.. Guess Ramming Flags will be on auto-load for that bucket from now on.

• Funny 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,469 posts
10,550 battles

Took the Hood out to test her out....guns seemed more accurate, better grouping, but noticed less damage, and one citadel on a BB.  Okay damage vs CAs, but NO citadel...that is the issue.  Can't say much about the AA, don't spec AA and didn't really get attacked too much, shot down two planes, which normally would not have happened with the lower range AA, but makes little to no game difference when there is an infinite supple of planes, though I may have stopped a torp or bomb dropping on an ally.

• Cool 1

Members
1,552 posts
3,791 battles
33 minutes ago, darkalex said:

the change on HMS hood are following:

Increased the sigma parameter from 1.8 to 1.9
AP fuse delay was increased from 0.015 to 0.033 seconds
and additional two global change

concealment:13.5=>14.13

gimmicky rocket AA became normal long range 

0.1 sigma buff is a nice thing to have but the effect is hardly noticeable. especially if you are running a full AA build.

The AP fuse change is the problem. Suppose long fuse can let the Hood land more citidal hits on battleships, but due to lack of penetration of these guns, they will still shatter on the broadside of every tier 7+ battleship and some tier 6 battleships beyond 10km. Before the update, we can still do damage when aiming upper part of a battleship and do consistent penetration damage, not mentioning easy hits on cruisers, however, with the long fuse the same damaging shoot became overpens, in my experience my damage per salvo in the Hood dropped almost by half.

I think WG should just give the Hood promised 2.0 sigma or buff its penetration to Vanguard or at least Nelson level, otherwise this "buff" only makes the game experience of the Hood even worse

Hood is fine just tried her 37 planes shot down.

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles
1 minute ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Hood is fine just tried her 37 planes shot down.

being a mobile aa platform is not the main job of a battleship........

Members
1,552 posts
3,791 battles
2 minutes ago, darkalex said:

It is for a month or so :cap_rambo:.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TRW]
Beta Testers
102 posts
14,503 battles

well ive tried her out 3 times, constant bouncing shells off tier 8 cruisers that I could happily engage pre patch, the Hood was a battlecruiser, not an AA platform,just another strange change to a ship that was a challenge but enjoyable ship to play pre - patch

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
3,220 posts
11,236 battles
16 minutes ago, darkalex said:

But it was one on Hoods selling features to make up for other deficiencies.

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

But it was one on Hoods selling features to make up for other deficiencies.

I won't comment much on AA change before test players stop throwing planes

but short fuse was also one of the selling point of Hood to make up lack of penetration :p

[CVA16]
Members
3,220 posts
11,236 battles
3 minutes ago, darkalex said:

but short fuse was also one of the selling point of Hood to make up lack of penetration :p

Certainly prevents a lot of overpens on light targets.

[HINON]
Members
2,902 posts
20,788 battles

agreed I feel like before i was able to get some chunky pens on the super of other BBs and now its mostly overpens.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

Certainly prevents a lot of overpens on light targets.

until the changed it this patch........

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,610 battles

WG specifically said they would tweak the pen values if the fuse change ended up functioning as a nerf. To be fair though, its probably not a priority right now because CVs...

Beta Testers
43 posts
1,804 battles
2 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

WG specifically said they would tweak the pen values if the fuse change ended up functioning as a nerf. To be fair though, its probably not a priority right now because CVs...

Hope that's the case:p