You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TonkinGulf_CG11

Russian Roulette

31 comments in this topic

Members
39 posts

It's been long stated that the only way to WIN is not to PLAY.

From the country that this "game" is named after one would have thought that the inherent understanding of this principle would be well understood.  Obviously, not so.

WOWs decided to spin the chamber after a deluge of warnings from their users against.

So not only did they spin the chamber but spun it with a FULLY LOADED chamber thinking the outcome would somehow be different than the inevitable.  That could be called arrogance, but let's just call what we know it to be, INSANITY!

WOWs, you played your own game, fully aware and knowing the results.

In the real world the losers do not recover.  In the PIXEL world they do.

WOWs you played Russian Roulette and you LOST.  My suggestion to Management; try the game for real.

TonkinGulf _CG11 Retired USN FTMC

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
14,984 posts
9,575 battles

For you, 8.0 was Russian Roulette. For others, it was a welcomed change or at least a tolerated change. See ya!

• Cool 1

Members
39 posts

Kizarvexi, please show me a list of those YOU state welcomed the change that DO NOT work fro WOWs.  Because I can show you a list of over 20 pages that see it otherwise!!!!

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,052 posts
11,346 battles
1 minute ago, TonkinGulf_CG11 said:

Kizarvexi, please show me a list of those YOU state welcomed the change that DO NOT work fro WOWs.  Because I can show you a list of over 20 pages that see it otherwise!!!!

I welcome it. Base on the que in game it seems like more people are playing CV's not less. So...… 

• Funny 1

Members
39 posts

Gasboy, not just my opinion.  I was far KINDER than you rightly deserve, but maybe you 2 are in denial of the literally endless pages of how F'd up the game has become.  BTW do you work in ANYWAY for WOWs.  If so, your comment is worthless as you MUST tow the party-line.

• Cool 1

Members
39 posts

paradat.

Great a reply from someone on the payroll.

More does not have any, repeat ANY meaning.  IF you make a new food and millions try it, but DIE from poisoning then by your statistic this was a success.

Try reading the forum; accept the fact you all F'd up as was forecast and put your arrogance to the side.

• Cool 2

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
9 minutes ago, TonkinGulf_CG11 said:

I welcome the change.

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
7 minutes ago, TonkinGulf_CG11 said:

Gasboy, not just my opinion.  I was far KINDER than you rightly deserve, but maybe you 2 are in denial of the literally endless pages of how F'd up the game has become.  BTW do you work in ANYWAY for WOWs.  If so, your comment is worthless as you MUST tow the party-line.

I don't work for WoWs, Lesta or Wargaming.  I don't do streaming or YT videos.  My comment stands.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,811 posts
2,726 battles

I don't think someone knows what a Beta Tester is.

Or how much they disagree on the CV rework.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,394 posts
3,390 battles

CV Rework was inevitable...   Had to happen.. Now lets get on with it..   WarGaming send me my check!!  

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, Abides said:

Whoa Dude...

Well, it's correct.  All we have are opinions.  It's been 24 hours or so.  Only WG has the numbers.  We'll see, in the next patch, what gets adjusted.

Anyone claiming one thing or another right now is just going off their personal experience, which means squat for statistics at the moment, or confirmation bias, which proper statistics will blow out of the water.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,811 posts
2,726 battles
Just now, Gasboy said:

Well, it's correct.  All we have are opinions.  It's been 24 hours or so.  Only WG has the numbers.  We'll see, in the next patch, what gets adjusted.

Anyone claiming one thing or another right now is just going off their personal experience, which means squat for statistics at the moment, or confirmation bias, which proper statistics will blow out of the water.

(psst, look at his name and profile pick).

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

(psst, look at his name and profile pick).

Hah. :D

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,052 posts
11,346 battles
1 hour ago, TonkinGulf_CG11 said:

paradat.

Great a reply from someone on the payroll.

More does not have any, repeat ANY meaning.  IF you make a new food and millions try it, but DIE from poisoning then by your statistic this was a success.

Try reading the forum; accept the fact you all F'd up as was forecast and put your arrogance to the side.

First not on the payroll lol.

Second yeah you are right. If the CV population dwindles down to pre-patch levels then the rework will not have met it's goal. 

I read the forums more than most. 

As far as my arrogance goes I like my arrogance. It can be off putting but I worked hard for it. It's mine.

Cheers.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,468 posts
734 battles

Hello Captains,

Please refrain from attacking other players.

I know the CV rework is a hot topic but please keep the feedback constructive.

Thanks!

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

For you, 8.0 was Russian Roulette. For others, it was a welcomed change or at least a tolerated change. See ya!

you should honestly just add this to your PSAs

• Funny 1

[TDG]
Members
1,650 posts
8,061 battles
1 hour ago, Gasboy said:

This is where I am at this point.

Players are still figuring out how to launch the planes, and then how to launch the attack.  Other players (myself included) are figuring out how to get the best use of the new AA interface.

Opinions on the changes run from CVs are 100% OP and nothing else can live to CVs are 100% useless and cannot impact the battle.  Reality is somewhere between them.  The balance will change as knowledge grows.  The meta will adjust and, eventually, settle.  Where that will be is anyones guess at this point.

Adjustments will be made.  This is as it has always been.

Some are taking a break and will come back after things settle. Some are leaving for good. Those are always choices.

Those that are staying will learn, adjust, and continue to complain provide feedback.

Life goes on.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,205 posts
14,844 battles
33 minutes ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains,

Please refrain from attacking other players.

I know the CV rework is a hot topic but please keep the feedback constructive.

Thanks!

When confusion is the order of the day and everyone is getting flak from all sides, are you really surprised to see players turning on each other?

WG should be happy to get any respite from the mountain of criticism coming their way - best let them argue

[PVE]
Members
14,984 posts
9,575 battles
2 hours ago, TonkinGulf_CG11 said:

Looks like some of them are already responding. People tend to complain when they are upset and not complain when the are happy. So, you tend to see a larger percentage of complaints than happy people.

When I worked for the phone company, people with cut lines would ask me how many people got cut lines. Since I repairing lines that were broken was a large part of my job, I was seeing broken lines every day. But the vast majority of people never had a problem. I'm not saying that there is not a significant portion of the player base who is upset, but don't take the amount of threads on the forum as what the player base overall is thinking. Not everyone that plays comes here for info. Every time I say 'FYI, patch update coming', there is a significant portion of people that don't know.

[M-B]
Members
33 posts
6,850 battles

i will just say this. ive tried the new CVs, i personaly don't like them. also ive been under the gun of a CV that decided to get a hard on for me, and there is no escape no mater how many planes you shot down, since they can bring planes from now until armagedon. so make my vote NO. but i understand some people do like it. some people also like to play arty in world of tanks so theres that.

• Cool 1