You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Carninath

CV so OP now

27 comments in this topic

[RCB4]
Members
27 posts

So now I have to worry about Aircraft over shooting other ships.  The whole point of me playing this game was for the ships and ship-to-ship combat.  Now with CVs, the enjoyment went away.  Well I guess my focus will be on other games.  Sorry that I spent $2500 on this game.  Have a good one guys.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
20 minutes ago, DeletedUser said:

So now I have to worry about Aircraft over shooting other ships.  The whole point of me playing this game was for the ships and ship-to-ship combat.  Now with CVs, the enjoyment went away.  Well I guess my focus will be on other games.  Sorry that I spent $2500 on this game.  Have a good one guys.

Can I have your stuff?

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
119 posts
6,687 battles

Why are people jumping to conclusions so fast.  I played one game in CV last night.  Was lost, but so what.  It sparked my interest and I will continue dabble in it.  Also played handful of games in random.  Having CV in every game now means just another layer.  As cruiser I definatly had to pay attention to the planes.  Overall I see two types of comments.  CV are OP now and CV are so weak now.  The truth is somwhere in between

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts
20 minutes ago, DeletedUser said:

So now I have to worry about Aircraft over shooting other ships.

CVs have been in the game since the beginning launching planes and instadeleting most ships at will. 

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
Just now, icehaddock said:

Why are people jumping to conclusions so fast.  I played one game in CV last night.  Was lost, but so what.  It sparked my interest and I will continue dabble in it.  Also played handful of games in random.  Having CV in every game now means just another layer.  As cruiser I definatly had to pay attention to the planes.  Overall I see two types of comments.  CV are OP now and CV are so weak now.  The truth is somwhere in between

Hilariously, the 2 threads currently at the top of the CV section are "CV so OP right now" and "CV suck so bad now"

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,384 posts
19,666 battles
3 minutes ago, icehaddock said:

If you’ve seen any of my other posts you likely know I hate the rework with a passion, that being said, using the controls gets easier with each run.

Still have trouble with AA, but that’s likely just related to the ‘OMG +1 +2 AA is OP! Plz nerf!!’

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
119 posts
6,687 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If you’ve seen any of my other posts you likely know I hate the rework with a passion, that being said, using the controls gets easier with each run.

Still have trouble with AA, but that’s likely just related to the ‘OMG +1 +2 AA is OP! Plz nerf!!’

For sure. Lots of balancing will occur over the next 6 months.  In my opinion they rushed the release too much.  But I still agree with the concept of controlling single group of aircraft over the RTS style before.

[WOLF4]
Members
41 posts
7,784 battles

OP is just a trollolol.
$2,500 spent, no posts ever.  Troll bot baby.

I have to say though, CV's are for sure NOT OP.  I had about 40 games on test and averaged probably 110k-200k damage per match for tier VIII & X CV.s  I think in my 7 games yesterday, I topped out at 87k.  Everybody is AA right now and its cruiser & AA-DD centric right now too.     It will take some time to see what CV's are really going to be like.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
308 posts
5,189 battles
50 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Hilariously, the 2 threads currently at the top of the CV section are "CV so OP right now" and "CV suck so bad now"

Because there are two types of people that play this game.  

1) The ones that actually try to learn, watch videos, try new tactics, improve their playstyle.  Yes they will voice discontent but only after trying every tactic they can find.  They also typically offer a solution to the issue at hand.

2) The ones that really suck, refuse to seek out or take advice, constantly blame repeated failure on everyone and everything else around them and expect someone else to simply "fix" the problem for them.

No matter how much cv's get nerf'd if they are allowed to be effective at all they will always be able to delete players with zero map awareness.  It will just take longer.  Death by a thousand cuts or insta-death the choice is theirs.  The problem is they feel cv's are op because they are always being focused by them.  They are being focused by cv's for 2 reasons.

1) the are by themselves, no stacked aa = soft target

2) they are so far from the actual fight or are hiding behind an island, other surface ships can't touch them anyway.  

• Cool 4

[POP]
Members
308 posts
5,189 battles
38 minutes ago, dafusco said:

OP is just a trollolol.
$2,500 spent, no posts ever.  Troll bot baby.

I have to say though, CV's are for sure NOT OP.  I had about 40 games on test and averaged probably 110k-200k damage per match for tier VIII & X CV.s  I think in my 7 games yesterday, I topped out at 87k.  Everybody is AA right now and its cruiser & AA-DD centric right now too.     It will take some time to see what CV's are really going to be like.

I agree, the game needs some balancing.  AA is just too strong when stacked with any ships.  Before you just new to avoid the aa bubble of certain ships.  Now it seems if 2 or more ships are close enough for their bubble to overlap they become a no fly zone.  Maybe increase shigle ship aa but limit the aa value for any given area regardless of the number of ships present.  I also think there should be a transition where flak is what you dodge while setting up your bomb run (maneuvering correctly can minimize its effect) but once committed on your run flak dissipates and the unavoidable DOT of the targeted ships (and only that ships) close aa kicks in.  

• Angry 1

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,204 posts
5,386 battles
5 hours ago, Harathan said:

Can I have your stuff?

You're an Eve Online player, arn't you?

[SUNK]
[SUNK]
Members
43 posts
6,951 battles
5 hours ago, DeletedUser said:

Honestly, I haven't had that problem. If anything, I think some of the carriers are kinda under preforming. I just got out of a match with the Ranger and in said battle, I was the last one against 4 enemy ships...couldn't even kill one Queen Elizabeth. I scored 9 bombs, 3 torps, and 15 rocket hits for 45460 damage, plus 5 fires for another 7K damage. Even still, wasn't able to sink the damn BB, after pounding it for roughly 7 minuets. Honestly, I think the planes while easier to control and overwhelm enemies, don't do enough damage. Either that or there's something up with the coop bots where their damage control comes back faster for some reason.

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
17 hours ago, thegreenbaron said:

You're an Eve Online player, arn't you?

Wash your mouth out with soap.

[KERN]
1,204 posts
5,386 battles
2 hours ago, Harathan said:

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Oooh, BoB or Goons?

• Cool 1

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
10 minutes ago, thegreenbaron said:

Oooh, BoB or Goons?

It was meant to be an emphatic "NO!" but truth be told I did play EVE for a while. My clan was far too small to get caught up in the BoB vs Goon stuff, tho I enjoyed reading the battle reports.

I got out after about 6 months of grinding the Minmatar cruisers, although my first love will always be my Rifter. Too time consuming to do anything meaningful, for my taste.

I use "Can I have your stuff" because I'm old and we were kicking that around back when Everquest was a thing. Same old; someone threatens to quite for [reason], you ask for their stuff. Of course in the MMO realm it's entirely possible to get "yes" as an answer and get some cast offs and/or currency out of it.

Edited by Harathan

[KERN]
1,204 posts
5,386 battles
21 minutes ago, Harathan said:

It was meant to be an emphatic "NO!" but truth be told I did play EVE for a while. My clan was far too small to get caught up in the BoB vs Goon stuff, tho I enjoyed reading the battle reports.

I got out after about 6 months of grinding the Minmatar cruisers, although my first love will always be my Rifter. Too time consuming to do anything meaningful, for my taste.

I use "Can I have your stuff" because I'm old and we were kicking that around back when Everquest was a thing. Same old; someone threatens to quite for [reason], you ask for their stuff. Of course in the MMO realm it's entirely possible to get "yes" as an answer and get some cast offs and/or currency out of it.

Ah, see, Can I haz your stuff always brings an immediate thought of EvE O, particularly when goons boss Mittani hosted that forum on how to drive someone to suicide through harassing them over the internet.

Also, in the corp I was in, you had to mine your first BB.  It took weeks just to get enough trit out in 0.0

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
3 minutes ago, thegreenbaron said:

Ah, see, Can I haz your stuff always brings an immediate thought of EvE O, particularly when goons boss Mittani hosted that forum on how to drive someone to suicide through harassing them over the internet.

Also, in the corp I was in, you had to mine your first BB.  It took weeks just to get enough trit out in 0.0

The problem was there was 2 Goon camps in EVE (and really, in every game they invaded); those who were in it for relatively-good-natured-although-still-sometimes-annoying baffoonery, and those who wanted to ruin the game for everyone but themselves and destroy everything they could, including other people, for "lulz". Someone should have done some kind of psychological study on the number of sociopaths attracted to that game.

[KERN]
1,204 posts
5,386 battles
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

The problem was there was 2 Goon camps in EVE (and really, in every game they invaded); those who were in it for relatively-good-natured-although-still-sometimes-annoying baffoonery, and those who wanted to ruin the game for everyone but themselves and destroy everything they could, including other people, for "lulz". Someone should have done some kind of psychological study on the number of sociopaths attracted to that game.

Yeah, met both Goons.

[PC]
[PC]
Members
5 posts
4,728 battles

Goons are wonderful people and as for CV is OP , my Minotaur  begs to differ. Its not fair that CVs avoid me when im trying to get 50 plane kills. I always ask politely for enemy CV to share the plane kills but they never fly to me , I even offer to turn off my AA once I get plane kills so they can get a kill but they still dont fly to me. I suspect with all the CVs crying about AA they will buff planes or nerf AA , time will tell....

Beta Testers
101 posts
On 1/31/2019 at 2:59 PM, DeletedUser said:

What is this a question? Why come to the cv forum and cry about your lack of being able to counter cv play. What a waste of time. Would be better on the suggestions forum or even general chat.

[NSC]
Members
61 posts

Oh well! For a long time, CV's were getting beat up, now this is their revenge. But rework will be on-going. There should be "NO SUCH THING" as players spawn into the game and planes are already attacking your position, this shouldn't be allowed, but it continues per this submission. I have been slaughtered by CV's in my Haru, Kita, etc., even after I've utilized or upgraded to AA. which reduces my ability to attack waterline targets, but its a balancing act. Personally, there are a lot of CV (OP), but that's because after the rework, people started selling off their CV's, now WOW is trying to re-energize interest. Yep, it's a balancing act, hopefully, we'll figure it out....... Soon! 

[4TAC]
Members
8 posts
2,421 battles

As a dd player, can't even get to flag before i have to stop and put up smoke.  Timer on smoke isn't long enough. Timer between smokes is too long.  Get harassed repeatedly and get to half health smoke again repeat until i'm dead. Maneuvers don't help much, P key won't save you. The class is overpowered and broken and ruins games over and over.

[V4T]
Members
8 posts
14 hours ago, ZX5M said:

As a dd player, can't even get to flag before i have to stop and put up smoke.  Timer on smoke isn't long enough. Timer between smokes is too long.  Get harassed repeatedly and get to half health smoke again repeat until i'm dead. Maneuvers don't help much, P key won't save you. The class is overpowered and broken and ruins games over and over.

Says the ship that can stay out of sight range and launch torpedoes at BBs all day long with no recourse. Your just mad because now you have to learn to deal with something new.