Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Glamorboy

This is fun

4 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
31 posts
2,580 battles

I hope this post lands right beside the post titled "This isn't fun".  

I have been thoroughly entertained on how many people have either completely loved, or completely hated this CV re-work.

I know WG is probably monitoring the forums, so here is my 2 cents.  

AA is far more fun and engaging.  Graphics, volume of planes that are incoming, mechanics of focusing AA fire on each side of the boat, everything is far more entertaining and engaging.  At the same time, the planes appear not to be doing nearly as much damage nor are they influencing the game to the same degree.

AA on a wooster, mino, DM, may be too powerful.  To the point I don't think I need to spec AA to be utterly immune.  Also damage may be a tad too low?

On the plane side I have only tried the Langley.  I find the rockets to be neat, but pointless as far as damage.  Dive bombing seems really hard, yet to land one.  

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles

Yeah, AA is glorious now.  You can hear the difference in guns, and the explosions are awesome. :D  On a graphics standpoint, WG hit the nail on the head.  Numbers-wise?  Eeh, that can be tweaked.

And the rockets are very good against DDs.  As I have found out to my dismay. xD

[RLGN]
Members
10,370 posts
19,664 battles

Considering how much I hated and sucked at manual drops in RTS, it’s been surprisingly easy to learn to hit with bombs and torpedoes, and that jumping into my T8 carriers just to see if I could even use them, or would get unceremoniously wiped, (admittedly, just in Co-op.)

What’s pathetic though was I struggled to even break 15-20k damage in my T8 carriers, yet the first time I ever played the new Hosho, even counting the beta and PTS, I had a 60k+ damage game...

Odds are I’ll not be using ANY of them in Randoms; I can do without the stress and salt.

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,361 battles

I haven't played in a month or so, but decided to come on today and see how my Midway feels. I got her ready in port and then entered a battle. My good god was I ever bored. It was Ocean, had 2 T10s and 2 T8 CVs in it, and I just threw as much sh!t at the enemy blobs as I could, until something died; 1 Lexington at the very end of the match. Planes get melted, even at T10 with all the upgrades. And even when I hit something with torps, the low damage numbers feel really disappointing. It wasn't a terrible game stats wise, as I came out with just about 100k without really trying at all, but it was absolutely boring to 'play'.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this