You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brawler1967

CVs are now kings of the sea

20 comments in this topic

[AA25M]
Members
79 posts
5,199 battles

Tried to play yesterday and today. With a combination of playing CVs on COOP and Random. The playing as a cruiser and BB on random, you can hardly shoot anything down, even with a huge 75% AA rating. The RNJesus rating for the game has gone to a totally different level. 

I tried out the tier 4 CVs, and in both Coop and Random, holy mother, its ridiculous. I couldn't get the knack at all. The players that were good before, are now so good that its a total CV show. 

I guess i will keep trying and dying. Thanks Wargaming .

• Funny 1

Members
706 posts
12,972 battles

Make your voice heard by your silence.

Many of us have simply stopped playing.

Enough people join us and they will have to "listen"

If you are not having fun don't force it. This is just a game and not a very good one at that at the moment.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
1,277 posts
3,962 battles
3 minutes ago, Prothall said:

If you are not having fun don't force it. This is just a game and not a very good one at that at the moment.

Eh, I'm having fun.  More so then the RTS style.  Ive played since launch and things will blowover like they did when they took out stealth firing and brought in radio location that was a shitstorm and also the whole Gneisenau not having her 11" guns was a mess too. 

• Cool 1

[AA25M]
Members
79 posts
5,199 battles
5 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I agree. This new Patch makes for a truly unenjoyable game. Can't shoot anything down. Even with a huge AA rating.

[WDS]
Members
1,634 posts
8,423 battles
10 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I disagre love the new patch having a ball .

Edited by clammboy

[STW-M]
Members
3,093 posts
7,325 battles

I'm merely waiting off on the sidelines for the CV craze to die down before I try to get back into this.

Although I have not made up my mind about whether this rework is a good thing or not yet, I am certain that trying anything right now with the dozens of CV in queue is a bad idea.

Members
2,153 posts
5,875 battles
14 minutes ago, brawler1967 said:

Tried to play yesterday and today. With a combination of playing CVs on COOP and Random. The playing as a cruiser and BB on random, you can hardly shoot anything down, even with a huge 75% AA rating. The RNJesus rating for the game has gone to a totally different level. 

I tried out the tier 4 CVs, and in both Coop and Random, holy mother, its ridiculous. I couldn't get the knack at all. The players that were good before, are now so good that its a total CV show. 

I guess i will keep trying and dying. Thanks Wargaming .

What I get from this thread and post is a combination of "CV's are King of the Seas", or CV's are too tough to play. 

Having played some of the carriers, the transition from RTS play and how carriers are now is a world apart.  I'm not sure at all how being a good CV player in the RTS system translated into being good with this system.  It's completely different and it's hard for me to see where being a good CV player before the change translates at all to the new system. 

Of course, maybe the good CV players in the old system are just plain old fashioned good players and are figuring out how to make carriers effective in the new system faster than others. 

And btw, when you hit that O key and shift your defensive AA fire from one side of the ship to the other, the side that's at 75% is weaker than the side which is working at 125%.  What you are saying in this post suggests that you may be assigning your weak AA side to facing the incoming aircraft and if that's true, it's no wonder you're having trouble dealing with enemy aircraft.   You may also want to research how to activate the consumable which allows you to bring in your own squadron of fighters to protect you. 

Good luck and fair seas!! 

[WOLF5]
Members
762 posts
8,692 battles
8 minutes ago, brawler1967 said:

I agree. This new Patch makes for a truly unenjoyable game. Can't shoot anything down. Even with a huge AA rating.

AA is problematic against tier 10 cvs,,or rather when you are bottom tiered ,and planes/cvs are 2 tier above you...against tier 6 planes/cvs,, tier 6-8 AA is very effective . Don`t know how it is at tier 4. My tier 8 ships in a tier 10 match can`t do much damage against planes. Have not tried my tier 10 AA maxed ships yet.....

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts

I've found the CV play with the rework far more interesting than the RTS style. Now it does need some more work to get it just right with plenty of balancing and maybe some mechanic changes over the next couple months at least. AA still seems over the place with it being too weak in some cases and way OP in others. Hard to strike that balance so far but some good potential here.

• Cool 1

[3COWS]
Members
297 posts
23 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

AA is problematic against tier 10 cvs,,or rather when you are bottom tiered ,and planes/cvs are 2 tier above you...against tier 6 planes/cvs,, tier 6-8 AA is very effective . Don`t know how it is at tier 4. My tier 8 ships in a tier 10 match can`t do much damage against planes. Have not tried my tier 10 AA maxed ships yet.....

How is that different from before, I've been deleted by a Midway plenty of times in my tier 8 ships being up-tiered. 

This time I have a fighting chance. 

[AA25M]
Members
79 posts
5,199 battles
1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

What I get from this thread and post is a combination of "CV's are King of the Seas", or CV's are too tough to play. 

Having played some of the carriers, the transition from RTS play and how carriers are now is a world apart.  I'm not sure at all how being a good CV player in the RTS system translated into being good with this system.  It's completely different and it's hard for me to see where being a good CV player before the change translates at all to the new system. 

Of course, maybe the good CV players in the old system are just plain old fashioned good players and are figuring out how to make carriers effective in the new system faster than others. 

And btw, when you hit that O key and shift your defensive AA fire from one side of the ship to the other, the side that's at 75% is weaker than the side which is working at 125%.  What you are saying in this post suggests that you may be assigning your weak AA side to facing the incoming aircraft and if that's true, it's no wonder you're having trouble dealing with enemy aircraft.   You may also want to research how to activate the consumable which allows you to bring in your own squadron of fighters to protect you. 

Good luck and fair seas!! 

Actually I was shifting the AA to whatever side the the planes were coming in from, and to no effect.

[WOLF5]
Members
762 posts
8,692 battles
1 hour ago, Salvo_Creative said:

How is that different from before, I've been deleted by a Midway plenty of times in my tier 8 ships being up-tiered. 

This time I have a fighting chance. 

??difference is, now tier 8 AA is ineffective against tier 10 planes. You can`t read ?? I did not say a thing about not being or being deleted by airplanes before, or now. It is just,, before a tier 8 ship AA could still cause major damage to tier 10 planes ,now it`s next to nothing. As a matter of fact, planes deliver a lot less damage now, but that was not my point. 

[WOLF5]
Members
762 posts
8,692 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

I've found the CV play with the rework far more interesting than the RTS style. Now it does need some more work to get it just right with plenty of balancing and maybe some mechanic changes over the next couple months at least. AA still seems over the place with it being too weak in some cases and way OP in others. Hard to strike that balance so far but some good potential here.

You are absolutely right. I was very sceptical about the rework, but mainly my concern was about AA against planes. In a way it is problematic. On the other hand, playing CV now a lot more fun, period. 

Members
2 posts
2,924 battles

I suppose I don’t have much ground to stand on since I’ve only played 1 game since the drop but CVs definitely seem op. It totally sucked as a DD. 

Heres what I see happening though: some people will rage quit, some people will love it, a bunch of people will complain, and WG will nerf CVs/buff AA/do something to adjust balance, then people will complain about that, and after 3-4 months, the current gameplay style will be a way of life. CV-pocalypse will probably die down in a few weeks and the “normal amount” of CVs will level out (just like it does whenever a new ship line is launched) and after that, when we’re still complaining about the overpowered crap-storm is still in full force, it will be obvious that rebalancing is necessary. They rebalance stuff all the time so I’m not really worried about it. Although it kinda sucks that I’ve got a bunch of really strong AA ships that appear to be useless now.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
5 hours ago, Prothall said:

Incorrect.

The correct answer is 'stop giving WG any $$$$$ while making as much noise as possible in the forums."

[AA25M]
Members
79 posts
5,199 battles

Since the rework of the broken CV mechanic, the ship AA actually now works. AA is actually shooting down planes. So i'm back at it.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,368 posts
6,559 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, brawler1967 said:

CVs are now kings of the sea

and 747s were once Queens of the Skies :Smile_hiding:

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,893 posts
4,501 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 11:50 AM, Prothall said:

To be fair, WG did say that this is going to be a work-in-progress and they stalled other projects (i.e. Alaska) to get this right.

Try something else (like Ranked) and come back a bit later to hopefully get a polished product.  This is like Open Beta where one torp can sink a cruiser in one patch and four torps do jack the next patch.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

Not sure what you're referring to when I can get top leaderboard score in an IJN CA and a RN CL with 2 CVs per team. *shrugs*