Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ellyh

Simple fix to DDs feeling permaspotted/picked on

7 comments in this topic

[DRAH]
Members
150 posts
5,443 battles

After seeing how easy carrier aircraft lock down high tier DDs and how hard is was for me on a low tier CV I think I know what would solve the problem without a massive need for redesign.

• Make RDF only work from the ship,

This way the CV gets a stear on what direction the closest threat to his hull is but the planes can't just drive straight to the DDs that should always be in front and murder them.

RDF works fine on a slow ship but makes it just way to easy when you are flying at 200+ knots speed.

Without plane based RDF it gives the DDs a chance to disengage/reposition without having to hide in smoke but makes very little difference to the ability of the CVs to find other ships with much highter detection ranges but allows it to be retained for personal defense.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
418 posts
4,410 battles

You need far more than an RDF tweak to make it work.

CVs need to not be able to spam 1-4k rocket salvos at will on DDs and something needs to be done about perma spotting.

Also the 5s fires on CVs mean that DDs struggle to damage the massive health pools when deck armor is considered.

Every DD I have but the khaba is shelved until further notice. It’s not like I ever capped in the khaba before the patch, so it doesn’t really make a huge difference.

[-BRS-]
Members
2,626 posts
16,059 battles

I can see the problem with that but you don't even need that to go find him, With last known position reference on the Mini map you know where they are within a few minutes

Once he spotted hes usually the 1st out there just harass until hes dead With your rocket planes and dive bombers

With unending F key Once hes dead you move to the next

Don't worry you don't have to fly through incredible aa bubbles  Unless hes behind the cruiser support  and if he is its not really a bother anyway

The dd life in upper tiers Is a chore now Because if you're trying to do your job you get focused on by the CV over and over again and if you're out in front you also have to deal with a lot of radar

the way the game is set up right now with multiple CVs in the game and a ton of radar   Their DD population will probably dwindled to almost nothing soon

I know I'm not playing them anymore  Hopefully this will pass

But I'm very discouraged right now I'm even finding it hard to come to the forums and talk about it

It feels like a waste of time

And my wallet is closed

Edited by silverdahc

Members
67 posts
3,002 battles

Played one game after the patch in a DD. Got spammed by rockets and noticed all the team are huddled together. Didn’t know the meta going that away so I was alone with planes constantly buzzing around me. It was not a nice experience.

Get rid of the rockets and just have planes fire machine guns like they should do. The bombs and torps I can handle but not the rockets.

Edited by wkcw1

[-BRS-]
Members
2,626 posts
16,059 battles
3 minutes ago, FiveStarMojo said:

Easy, remove RDF from CVs.

You don't even need it I went out and tried  The new CV and I had no problem Finding any destroyer I want to go kill

I think the main problem I'm having is having multiple Cv in the game

Edited by silverdahc

Members
875 posts

I was offline for a few weeks, playing other games. I came back to check out the update...

HOLY JEEZ is there ever a metric tonne of carriers out there! They primary destroyers non-stop! I can shoot down 10 planes in a match no-problem. I've never had so many plane kills as a DD main. But WOW! I'm not sure if this update improved carriers or made them worse!

They keep me perma-spotted. I can't even do my job. It's actually made DD play even more deadly than it was before. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed in this update. I'm seriously starting to dislike carriers more than the BB's :P

I'm actually considering using a Grozovoi and its supreme AA...carriers were basically a non-issue in the past for DD's. Now they're a serious pain in the ______________

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Sign in to follow this