Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
donlokiman

Defensive Fire or Radar.. pick one?

6 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Beta Testers
250 posts
9,694 battles

I love USN cruisers,  DM is my most played ship.  However if CVs are successful then having both defensive fire and radar at the same time should not be a thing.  This is brutal gameplay for DD's and kind of trickles down to being brutal for BB's.

[NUWES]
Members
2,199 posts
6,933 battles
45 minutes ago, donlokiman said:

I love USN cruisers,  DM is my most played ship.  However if CVs are successful then having both defensive fire and radar at the same time should not be a thing.  This is brutal gameplay for DD's and kind of trickles down to being brutal for BB's.

Why would you want or need to choose? I use both on my DM and every USN cruiser down to Indianapolis and Atlanta. Why do you feel a ship shouldn't have both?

[WOLF5]
Members
2,164 posts
2,836 battles

Damn, if you think radar and DF are bad, wait till you get to the high tier USN CLs. They have Heal, DF, radar and hydro:cap_like:

Members
708 posts
12,974 battles
6 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Why would you want or need to choose? I use both on my DM and every USN cruiser down to Indianapolis and Atlanta. Why do you feel a ship shouldn't have both?

I think he is saying everyone is playing AA build cruisers that happen to also have radar.

Throw in 2 CVs and a ton of radar ships and DDs are not worth playing.

[KRAK]
Members
2,430 posts
16,658 battles
56 minutes ago, donlokiman said:

You do not need to choose? Radar and DFAA are in separate slots. Nothing has changed for DDs. 

I misread your post and thought you were saying you should not have to choose between the two but the reality is nothing has changed. I capped two points last night in the only DD game I played in with a Gearing and there were 2 CVs per team.

Edited by Vaffu

[PNP]
Beta Testers
250 posts
9,694 battles
14 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Because people are overly passive, and if cvs are back the problem will be worse.  Though this wasn't an issue when the T10 economy was crushing for passive players, but there is no bringing that back.

For the record though, I think that other than spawning the planes right when the match starts (needs a weapon cooldown like everyone else) the CV rework is better than before and not overpowered or fundamentally game breaking.  I think WG balanced the game around CV's not playing, and now its super obvious.

Sign in to follow this