You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

CV “Cancer” (airquotes added to not offend sensitive people) got you down? Help someone fight real Cancer.

84 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,596 posts
5,483 battles

ODGSniper, a fellow veteran discovered he has Prostate Cancer.  Please take two minutes to watch the video and if you can, help do something good.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 10
  • Angry 1

Members
488 posts

Please change the subject line. Comparing something that annoys you in a game to something that kills people in real life is (edit) clueless and rude. 

Edit: “Yeah it’s too bad your loved one died to cancer. You know: some people also think carriers are a cancer in this video game I play. They think carriers will probably kill that too and that’s got them down. But never mind that. I’m going to ask them to donate.”

Edited by SeigeTank2010
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,193 battles
Just now, SeigeTank2010 said:

Please change the subject line. Comparing something that annoys you in a game to something that kills people in real life is insensitive. 

Or you could maybe compliment him on trying to do something good for someone who is struggling.....

• Cool 3

[RN716]
Members
42 posts
9,154 battles

How do I uninstall real cancer?? Asking for my cousin haha if only she had known how maybe she wouldnt be dead

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BRZKR]
1,596 posts
5,483 battles
1 minute ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Please change the subject line. Comparing something that annoys you in a game to something that kills people in real life is insensitive. 

It’s part social commentary, part attention grabber.  

It has annoyed me in the past people calling CVs air Cancer or what have you.  This is my chance to take the term and use it for some good to help someone who really has it.  You obviously didn’t take the two minutes to watch the video which you could have done in the time that it took you to post your comment.

• Cool 7

Members
488 posts
Just now, megahugenoob said:

Or you could maybe compliment him on trying to do something good for someone who is struggling.....

Comparing someone’s life threatening condition to something that annoys you in a game is pathetic - it’s more like half using their life/death struggle as a “clever” way to get his dig in on a game.  That’s nothing short of disrespectful towards the person whose life is threatened. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,530 posts
4,679 battles

my dad had prostate cancer but lucky he caught it in time in it early stage when he had a stroke

• Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles

You're a good man, Zoup.

[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,193 battles

Comparing someone’s life threatening condition to something that annoys you in a game is pathetic - it’s more like half using their life/death struggle as a “clever” way to get his dig in on a game.  That’s nothing short of disrespectful towards the person whose life is threatened. 

Completely disagree. Thats why we each have our own opinions I guess.

It's almost like people want to be offended by everything rather than looking at the purpose of the post.

• Cool 3

Members
488 posts
1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

It’s part social commentary, part attention grabber.  

It has annoyed me in the past people calling CVs air Cancer or what have you.  This is my chance to take the term and use it for some good to help someone who really has it.  You obviously didn’t take the two minutes to watch the video which you could have done in the time that it took you to post your comment.

You just added more validity to calling something about a game cancer. 

In the time it took you to be hypocritical you could have watched other videos of others that are going to die of cancer and need help instead of treating it like a joke. 

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
2 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Perhaps you shouldn't speak for someone who's more than capable of speaking for themselves.  It is highly likely Zoup has run this idea past the person who's suffering prostate cancer and has his approval to do so.

Let us know if the operation to remove the stick from your posterior is successful, okay?

[BRZKR]
1,596 posts
5,483 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

my dad had prostate cancer but lucky he caught it in time in it early stage when he had a stroke

Thank god...  sorry it took a stroke.  I hope he recovered fully.

[WORX]
Members
3,859 posts
14,967 battles

Yikes... the comments, IMO ZOUP is pointing out... Do something positive with your negativity. Oh well I have my popcorn ready this thread is a live one :Smile_popcorn:

The salt will flow.

[BRZKR]
1,596 posts
5,483 battles

In the time it took you to be hypocritical you could have watched other videos of others that are going to die of cancer and need help instead of treating it like a joke. 

How the bloody hell am I treating it like a joke by taking the time to make a video pushing out a gofundme page for a fellow veteran who has prostate cancer?  

Members
488 posts
2 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

It's almost like people want to be offended by everything rather than looking at the purpose of the post.

Just like you had the right to be offended by mine while trying to claim we should try to be less offended.  But I’m not the one making death by cancer a joke yet you defend it. 

[ERN]
10,530 posts
4,679 battles
Just now, NoZoupForYou said:

Thank god...  sorry it took a stroke.  I hope he recovered fully.

that was years ago, he took care of that cancer while he was in hospital. he did had to go back a few times for checks up to make sure it doesn't come back. But ya, he been cancer free since

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Members
3,701 posts
1 minute ago, megahugenoob said:

I work at a cancer center. People deal with it differently but some days it reallly hits you harder than others. People use it too liberally

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
1,596 posts
5,483 battles

Just like you had the right to be offended by mine while trying to claim we should try to be less offended.  But I’m not the one making death by cancer a joke yet you defend it. 

How did I make it a joke?  It’s just a joke that I’m helping someone cope with their financial needs brought on by this horrible disease.

• Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,193 battles

No, I am a big enough adult to see that there is a truly kind purpose to the post. To help someone.   You know, the guy who actually has cancer.   I don't let words offend me to pieces because it was quite the right way to ask for help. Look at the purpose. Don't get lost in the way you feel it should have been worded.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
10,530 posts
4,679 battles
4 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

you take things way to seriously

[BRZKR]
1,596 posts
5,483 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

I work at a cancer center. People deal with it differently but some days it reallly hits you harder than others. People use it too liberally

This is very true.  Some use gallows humor, some don’t.  And I wish I could help everyone at your location, but I’m doing what I can to help one person.

• Cool 2

[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,193 battles

“Hey! Sick of CV cancer in WoWS! Here’s a video of someone who has cancer and needs help”. Your immature attempt to get a dig in on carriers by using someone’s life/death struggle as your prop in doing so is sad.  

Ask for help without trivializing cancer that kills countless loved ones as even remotely on the same level as carriers in a video game that you don’t like. 

Which is ironic cause he actually likes Carriers. I whole heartedly disagree with his opinion on them, but at least he is here trying to HELP someone.     What have you done today to assist your fellow man?

[BRZKR]
1,596 posts
5,483 battles
2 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

“Hey! Sick of CV cancer in WoWS! Here’s a video of someone who has cancer and needs help”. Your immature attempt to get a dig in on carriers by using someone’s life/death struggle as your prop in doing so is sad.  

Ask for help without trivializing cancer that kills countless loved ones as even remotely on the same level as carriers in a video game that you don’t like. 

I like the carrier rework.

I like helping people in need.

Put your money where your big mouth is and donate to Kevin’s gofundme.  Put up or shut up.  Tired of hearing you.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 1

[ERN]
10,530 posts
4,679 battles

and here we go. a other heated debate by a sour apple that want to derail a thread into something else. causing unrest. Forcing the mods to close the thread thanks to people like you. grow up

Members
488 posts
1 minute ago, megahugenoob said:

Which is ironic cause he actually likes Carriers. I whole heartedly disagree with his opinion on them, but at least he is here trying to HELP someone.     What have you done today to assist your fellow man?

Making a joke about someone’s struggle with a life threatening situation is helping those who have that condition? How so?