You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wombatmetal

How to succeed in Co-op

43 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Members
3,697 posts

Yes it's a mess right now. QQQ.

I finished last with a dozen victories. Here I'd like to hear tips on how others succeeded. Plenty of QQ threads, post the salt there please.

Couple things I noticed

Protect the CVs. They are useful  in harassing the enemy and providing vision. Game is tougher once they go down

Check the ships in your proximity. Are they bots or players? Bot friends will suicide in the first minutes. Plan your deployment accordingly, you may have to hold the flank on your own. I never used to check who was next to me. I am now.

Don't be hyper aggressive. 

Sneaky torpedoey tactics yielding more damage than balls to the wall gunboaty tactics. My Kagero outscored my Akizuki and Harekaze consistently

Take that red ship off the map. In my BBs if I see a red ship with a sliver, I take it. I don't look for the big damage shot.

Conserve hp.

I am scoring less but still winning. What tips can you add?

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,370 posts
6,429 battles

Whenever  I do coop in a CV my team dies and I end up having to kill the BBs on my own :(

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,889 posts
9,673 battles

If you play dd as I do, spot for your friendlies, and stay alive, there are always BB's dragging their feet in the back, work as a team, and when it's safe, rush that bb and sink it.

I can't say this enough, CAP CAP CAP, the bots will often cap and can actually beat you that way, so CAP when you can.

Encourage your fellow players to get in the game, be friendly, not pushy, you'd be surprised how often they want to help, but don't know what they should be doing.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,697 posts
5 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Whenever  I do coop in a CV my team dies and I end up having to kill the BBs on my own :(

Yup, happened to me last night. Died and the CV had to take out the Bismarck. But I shaved 71k off his health. 

Look me up in game I'll gladly play with a CV, I am west coast though

[O_O]
Members
5,084 posts
11,435 battles

I rarely lose in Co-op.

Well, until yesterday.  The CV re-work seems to have buggered Co-op pretty good.

Players can have multiple CV's, but the bots don't get any.

And now the bots are winning a lot more.

Coincidence?

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,684 posts
23,288 battles
14 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Yes it's a mess right now. QQQ.

I finished last with a dozen victories. Here I'd like to hear tips on how others succeeded. Plenty of QQ threads, post the salt there please.

Couple things I noticed

Protect the CVs. They are useful  in harassing the enemy and providing vision. Game is tougher once they go down

Check the ships in your proximity. Are they bots or players? Bot friends will suicide in the first minutes. Plan your deployment accordingly, you may have to hold the flank on your own. I never used to check who was next to me. I am now.

Don't be hyper aggressive. 

Sneaky torpedoey tactics yielding more damage than balls to the wall gunboaty tactics. My Kagero outscored my Akizuki and Harekaze consistently

Take that red ship off the map. In my BBs if I see a red ship with a sliver, I take it. I don't look for the big damage shot.

Conserve hp.

I am scoring less but still winning. What tips can you add?

All good points.

Hyper aggressive isn't the best strategy right now. I've been watching the human BBs just roll into brawls and get destroyed quick.

The CVs are learning and can put your side anywhere from a 16-24 gun deficit consequently co-op players just need to play smarter for a bit.

They'll get the hang of it in time, until then it isn't the same game as two days ago.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,697 posts
Just now, desmo_2 said:

I rarely lose in Co-op.

Well, until yesterday.  The CV re-work seems to have buggered Co-op pretty good.

Coincidence?

Not at all. Duke of Wellington said of Waterloo "they came at us the same old way and we beat them the same old way". Or words to that effect.

It's a new meta. People are still succeeding. What can you change in your game to succeed?

[O_O]
Members
5,084 posts
11,435 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

What can you change in your game to succeed?

Quit playing CV's, apparently.

I can't influence the game enough in them, even in Co-op.  I haven't even thought about taking a CV into Random.

[LUCK]
Members
1,684 posts
23,288 battles
8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I rarely lose in Co-op.

Coincidence?

Co-op is fine, human players need to adjust their tactics and strategies - see my points above.

I had 2 co-op losses in NC today not because of the CVs- they get a pass. Now the other human BBs were oblivious to the fact they were outgunned from the beginning and did nothing to adjust.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[WOLFG]
Members
4,707 posts
2,648 battles
26 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Especially if they have torps or a high rof. 

When having to deal with the extra BBs, being set on fire of having to go broadside to avoid torps is more than a nuisance.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
920 posts
25 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

What tips can you add?

Play only Operations or deal with the pain of ranked right now until the CV craze dies down and WG corrects some of the short comings. 

I plan on seeing micro patches over the next few weeks (for the next 55 days, coinciding with the last day to refund your CV's). 

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,572 posts
32,643 battles

My 2 cents on the new co-op 'meta'.

Due to BBs replacing CVs on the enemy bot team, the red team will be very BB heavy.  Alot of times, 5 of the 8 enemy bots will be BBs.

In this environment, being in a cruiser is not fun.  IMHO the best ship to be in is any DD with decent range on their torps.

Conserve your HP.  Don't be overly aggressive.  Do not get in a situation where you are being focus fired on by the bots.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
920 posts
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

How to succeed in Co-op

CLICK BATTLE

You obviously have not played Co-op lately.

• Boring 1

[PTRGT]
Members
248 posts
29,436 battles
10 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I rarely lose in Co-op.

Coincidence?

I think there is more than that.

I just was in 2 games in a row where I opened up on a enemy ship. Then next thing I was being focused fired on by ALL the bots at once from all over the map. Over 2 or 3 islands max range shots from BB's. once they finished me off in less than 1 minute they did the same to the rest of the team. I thought something was off yesterday but I only played a little, now I pretty certain someone been messing with the Bot AI again....

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,697 posts
3 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

I just was in 2 games in a row where I opened up on a enemy ship. Then next thing I was being focused fired on by ALL the bots at once from all over the map. Over 2 or 3 islands max range shots from BB's. once they finished me off in less than 1 minute they did the same to the rest of the team. I thought something was off yesterday but I only played a little, now I pretty certain someone been messing with the Bot AI again....

That's a good tip. I wait to see the bot open fire before I do

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,889 posts
9,673 battles
6 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

now I pretty certain someone been messing with the Bot AI again....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that, I said the other day the bot AI has been turned up a notch lol

• Cool 1

Members
2,071 posts
509 battles
5 minutes ago, jmanII said:

You obviously have not played Co-op lately.

i PLAYED ALL 123 OF MY SHIPS AND WON 123 GAMES IN COOP....

It is not much fun with almost ZERO difficulty winning 123 games in a row...
SO yeah I have played COOP lately... I might even play with THIS account too.... are you that bad at COOP you hide your stats??? or is it something else that makes you say these things???

[LUCK]
Members
1,684 posts
23,288 battles
11 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

How to succeed in Co-op

CLICK BATTLE

moY7n15.jpg

Being down a BB or 2 and having clueless BBubba roll into the cap unaware he is outgunned puts your team down even more.

The CVs will catch up but right it is a little more challenging than 2 days ago.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

Members
2,071 posts
509 battles
8 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

you in a DD???  Bots focus on a DD no matter WHAT is right in front of them.... maybe you were in a DD

Members
24 posts

The two times I tried CVs in Coop I got slaughtered.  All my planes would get shot down and I couldn't damage anything. 

What is the secret for getting through the flak?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,678 posts
7,007 battles
19 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The CV re-work seems to have buggered Co-op pretty good.

Coincidence?

No coincidence at all. People screamed endlessly that carriers had too much presence and alpha-strike capability. Now the alpha-strike capability has been removed and the carrier can't lift its own weight against a battleship any more. If you'd tried the current co-op MM with RTS carriers, the bots would be slaughtered; the CV would chunk them down to easy meat if they didn't sink them outright, and the rest of the team would have no trouble coping with them in the usual reckless co-op style.

Now the rest of the team has to carry a lot, and people who played in the same way as before are getting a nasty shock.

Things will improve as the ability of CV drivers who didn't play the PTS to make consistent hits increases, and hopefully a touch of buffing to damage done will also occur. But that'll take a week or two while WG builds figures across all the servers and finds out to what degree carriers are underperforming in damage and ships-sunk stats over the entire WOWS population, not just the interested and invested players who went into PTS and spent all their time working out how to wreck stuff.

• Cool 1

[PTRGT]
Members
248 posts
29,436 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

you in a DD???  Bots focus on a DD no matter WHAT is right in front of them.... maybe you were in a DD

Boise and Scarnhorst  1st one I was right side of map with 2 BB's. @nd game I was in the BB with a DD in front of me.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,707 posts
2,648 battles
4 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

i PLAYED ALL 123 OF MY SHIPS AND WON 123 GAMES IN COOP....

You played 123 games in co-op yesterday?

After the patch dropped?

[LUCK]
Members
1,684 posts
23,288 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No coincidence at all. People screamed endlessly that carriers had too much presence and alpha-strike capability. Now the alpha-strike capability has been removed and the carrier can't lift its own weight against a battleship any more. If you'd tried the current co-op MM with RTS carriers, the bots would be slaughtered; the CV would chunk them down to easy meat if they didn't sink them outright, and the rest of the team would have no trouble coping with them in the usual reckless co-op style.

Now the rest of the team has to carry a lot, and people who played in the same way as before are getting a nasty shock.

Things will improve as the ability of CV drivers who didn't play the PTS to make consistent hits increases, and hopefully a touch of buffing to damage done will also occur. But that'll take a week or two while WG builds figures across all the servers and finds out to what degree carriers are underperforming in damage and ships-sunk stats over the entire WOWS population, not just the interested and invested players who went into PTS and spent all their time working out how to wreck stuff.

100% spot on.