Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

DRAWING IN DD'S TO SHOOT?

4 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
404 posts
14,153 battles

Captains, What Cruiser is Best to handle DD threats? How close should said Cruiser approach a cap to eliminate The DD? Do any of you have a Strategy that works the Majority of the time? Would really like to hear your opinions and pick up some pointers instead of guessing all the time. Thank you

[WOLF2]
Members
115 posts
6,735 battles

Honestly, if after 12600 matches you still have to ask this...DD hunting may not be your best tactic.  I am not trying to be a jerk, I am actually trying to help.  I fear if someone comes in here and says..."Take the Cleveland because it has radar and hydro and fast firing/quick turning guns".   You are just going to go out and get insta deleted by some battleship as soon as you try to engage a DD.  If you are dead set on this make sure you start at a low tier and work your way up.  In that case start at either Kirov and aim for Chappy or Omaha and aim for Cleveland/Seattle/Wooster.   Those are probably the best non-premium DD hunters.  Just remember they are all HIGH RISK/High reward ships if played as DD hunters.

[PSV]
Members
489 posts
14,422 battles

In the current meta I'm not sure cruisers need to do as much DD hunting as in the past. The Carriers will do it for them. All you have to do is shoot them once the Carrier spots them and frankly any cruiser works for that.

[TIGRB]
Members
404 posts
14,153 battles
11 minutes ago, fishin79 said:

Honestly, if after 12600 matches you still have to ask this...DD hunting may not be your best tactic.  I am not trying to be a jerk, I am actually trying to help.  I fear if someone comes in here and says..."Take the Cleveland because it has radar and hydro and fast firing/quick turning guns".   You are just going to go out and get insta deleted by some battleship as soon as you try to engage a DD.  If you are dead set on this make sure you start at a low tier and work your way up.  In that case start at either Kirov and aim for Chappy or Omaha and aim for Cleveland/Seattle/Wooster.   Those are probably the best non-premium DD hunters.  Just remember they are all HIGH RISK/High reward ships if played as DD hunters.

Amazing. You say your just trying to help yet can't resist throwing in a Negative comment about how many matches Ive played. Im reaching out to get better, that should be enough. Honestly, I can't understand the answers some people give and why they have to zing someone. Most of my time playing I didn't care about strategy and just Played. Well I recently have gotten interested in getting alot better. Thats why I posted.

Sign in to follow this